Too early for Rankings....Nah - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Too early for Rankings....Nah

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby jayday » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:24 pm

Julius Jones should be Top 25 in my opinion...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:32 pm

I think Portis and Rudi are a little too high, shoud be out of the top ten. I would move Westbrook and DD into the top ten. The Texans haven't drafted Bush yet, so DD has great value in a PPR league. Westbook is good for tons of catches as well.

As for Deuce not being there, I don't know that that is out of line. He has been injured that last couple seasons and didnt' exactly look like he had much left when he was healthy last season. Hard to say it, but the Deuce could be cooked.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby The Lung » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:45 pm

jayday wrote:Julius Jones should be Top 25 in my opinion...

Agreed - it's a travesty that he's not on this list. I've got JJ as my #11 RB.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Re: Too early for Rankings....Nah

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:49 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Keep in mind this is a keeper PPR league ranking.

To me, these rankings looked pretty good for standard settings, but I'd definitely make a few changes based on the PPR.

1) Tomlinson
2) SA
3) LJ

-- The PPR pretty much ends all dispute, LT must go first.

4) Edge
5) Tiki Barber
6) Clinton Portis
7) Lamont Jordan
8) Brian Westbrook
9) Dominic Davis

-- Barber still has a higher ceiling and is used as a receiver enough to stay ahead of Portis. Westbrook benefits from PPR more than any other RB, and with TO gone, expect his receiving role to increase. DD is a top receiving RB, and should not be downgraded just because the Texans might do something stupid and select Reggie Bush.

10) Steven Jackson
11) Rudi Johnson
12) Willis McGahee
13) Ronnie Brown
14) Cadillac Williams
15) Julius Jones
16) Corey Dillon
17) Rueben Droughns
18) Thomas Jones

-- Assuming Ricky is traded, Brown becomes a featured RB, and had 30+ catches when splitting time. His upside as a starter is tremendous, and he's only in this tier because he's unproven. JJ and Dillon have great fantasy potential, and despite questions, can't be ignored for guys like Droughns.

19) Warrick Dunn
17) Ahman Green
18) Greg Jones
20) Jamal Lewis
21) Chris Brown
22) Willie Parker
23) Kevin Jones
24) Ricky Williams
25) Mike Anderson

-- I put Greg Jones into there, because assuming the chance that Fred Taylor is done, Jones did a great job in the starting role. Not particularly catch-heavy, but he has a shot to become a featured guy next year.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:27 pm

maddog60 wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Keep in mind this is a keeper PPR league ranking.

To me, these rankings looked pretty good for standard settings, but I'd definitely make a few changes based on the PPR.

1) Tomlinson
2) SA
3) LJ

-- The PPR pretty much ends all dispute, LT must go first.

4) Edge
5) Tiki Barber
6) Clinton Portis
7) Lamont Jordan
8) Brian Westbrook
9) Dominic Davis

-- Barber still has a higher ceiling and is used as a receiver enough to stay ahead of Portis. Westbrook benefits from PPR more than any other RB, and with TO gone, expect his receiving role to increase. DD is a top receiving RB, and should not be downgraded just because the Texans might do something stupid and select Reggie Bush.

10) Steven Jackson
11) Rudi Johnson
12) Willis McGahee
13) Ronnie Brown
14) Cadillac Williams
15) Julius Jones
16) Corey Dillon
17) Rueben Droughns
18) Thomas Jones

-- Assuming Ricky is traded, Brown becomes a featured RB, and had 30+ catches when splitting time. His upside as a starter is tremendous, and he's only in this tier because he's unproven. JJ and Dillon have great fantasy potential, and despite questions, can't be ignored for guys like Droughns.

19) Warrick Dunn
17) Ahman Green
18) Greg Jones
20) Jamal Lewis
21) Chris Brown
22) Willie Parker
23) Kevin Jones
24) Ricky Williams
25) Mike Anderson

-- I put Greg Jones into there, because assuming the chance that Fred Taylor is done, Jones did a great job in the starting role. Not particularly catch-heavy, but he has a shot to become a featured guy next year.

That is good analysis, but you persist with the Ahman Green being a top 20 back. He is going to be in a RBBC at best. He's a good receiver, but won't get nearly the yardage of some others. Agree about ronnie brown- big upside in PPR. But Dillon is a joke in PPR. The guy doesn't catch anything, add in some questions about durability and health and I'd drop him to the 4th tier and bring up warrick dunn, who is a good pass catcher and gets 30 receptions regularly. How do you figure that Kevin and Julius Jones are in different tiers? both underwhelmed and both have good upside but are held back by bad teams or bad situation (marion barber III) there is a large gap between the two Kevin Jones is much better off than Greg Jones, who isn't even a starter on his team I couldn't imagine passing KJ for Greg. Rudi seems at the right spot for PPR.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby The Lung » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:12 pm

skibrett15 wrote:That is good analysis, but you persist with the Ahman Green being a top 20 back. He is going to be in a RBBC at best. He's a good receiver, but won't get nearly the yardage of some others. Agree about ronnie brown- big upside in PPR. But Dillon is a joke in PPR. The guy doesn't catch anything, add in some questions about durability and health and I'd drop him to the 4th tier and bring up warrick dunn, who is a good pass catcher and gets 30 receptions regularly. How do you figure that Kevin and Julius Jones are in different tiers? both underwhelmed and both have good upside but are held back by bad teams or bad situation (marion barber III) there is a large gap between the two Kevin Jones is much better off than Greg Jones, who isn't even a starter on his team I couldn't imagine passing KJ for Greg. Rudi seems at the right spot for PPR.

I would agree that the inclusion of Greg Jones is really curious. For all we know, Fred Taylor is the starting back and will be fully healthy next year.

I would also elevate Willie Parker - towards the end of the regular season and especially in the playoffs, Roethlisberger tossed several screen passes to him in each game.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:31 pm

Okay First off i didnt put Duece on the list because from what i have heard he will not be back by the beginning of the season. I have heard that he may start playing midseason and even then he will not be 100 percent. I dont believe he should be drafted in the top 25 RBs unless you can stash him away for a few years.

I totally forgot about Julius Jones...i knew that i had fogotten someone. He should be in the top 25.

I was not certain on Westbrooks injury status therefore i downgraded him. Any eagles fans have the inside scoop? If he is healthy and can stay healthy (which is a big if) then he will be very valueable in a ppr leauge no doubt.

I wasnt really sure what do to with DD. I am very worried that the Texans will do something stupid. I dont want DD on my team if Bush is also in the backfield. Even if Bush is not drafted by the Texans DD is not a top 10 fantasy back. He misses too many games and is too inconsistent for me to put him ahead of guys like Portis and Rudi.

For me Tiki and Portis are real close. With the acquisition of Al Saunders as offensive coordinator and with what i saw the last 5 or 6 games of the season Portis is starting to catch fire. Yes Tiki will get more recpetions but with Jacobs getting all the goaline touches i am hesitant to put Tiki over Portis. It is close and either would be fine number 1 backs in my estimation.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby biju » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:16 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:I wasnt really sure what do to with DD. I am very worried that the Texans will do something stupid. I dont want DD on my team if Bush is also in the backfield. Even if Bush is not drafted by the Texans DD is not a top 10 fantasy back.

I posted this question in the other thread like a moron but I'm curious about it: Where does Reggie Bush fall into this if:

1. he's selected by the Texans? If they don't upgrade their O-line significantly? If they do?

2. he's traded to the Jets?

3. he falls to the Titans (and they take him)?

4. Any other realistic scenario?

-M
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:08 pm

Going to the Jets/Titans is probably about a wash in terms of situation. He will get fewer opportunities at Tennessee, but at least they have a little better offense. I'd rank him below someone like thomas jones, but definitely above TJ duckett, or Gado, or chester taylor or Foster. I think he is like back 25-30 on the Jets or Titans.

With the Texans assuming they keep DD and don't upgrade the line, hes probably around someone like mewelde moore or Tatum Bell. With a line upgrade...along with Gado and duckett. Raise him in all formats if it is PPR.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mikus » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:50 pm

The Lung wrote:
mikus wrote:where the heck is deuce mcallister? surely he is in the top 20.

I am under the impression that the injury suffered by Deuce McAllister was very serious, and his status for next year is very much in question right now.

well as far as i know, he has already started running and his rehab is going well.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk