Willie Parker - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Willie Parker

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:37 pm

From what i saw of parker the last few games he did nothing to impress me. For one thing he seemed to fumble the ball quite a bit and was taken out because of it in at least 2 games. Another reason i am not too high on parker going early is the fact that the Steelers seem to be looking for a replacement. I wouldnt be surprised if they drafted a top rb or got a decent Running back in free agency. I would not expect FWP to have the starting role come next season. Althought i hope im wrong because i picked him up in the FHFFL and we probably start him.... :-°
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:14 pm

i personally will not draft parker unless its very late. duce staley is still there and i could see him taking the goal line carries. Parker started out the season very strong but then just slowed way down. I am not certain he can carry a full load by himself, i could be wrong, but ill let someone else find that out
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Wizzle » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:20 pm

DelhommesFan1 wrote:i personally will not draft parker unless its very late. duce staley is still there and i could see him taking the goal line carries. Parker started out the season very strong but then just slowed way down. I am not certain he can carry a full load by himself, i could be wrong, but ill let someone else find that out

I get the feeling Cowher has something against Staley...
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby mattb47 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:24 pm

Wizzle wrote:
DelhommesFan1 wrote:i personally will not draft parker unless its very late. duce staley is still there and i could see him taking the goal line carries. Parker started out the season very strong but then just slowed way down. I am not certain he can carry a full load by himself, i could be wrong, but ill let someone else find that out

Yea....he's made of glass.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mysticphysh » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:02 pm

mattb47 wrote:
Wizzle wrote:

Yea....he's made of glass.

Don't give glass a bad name.... ;-7
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:28 pm

This is more a product of a pre-offseason draft than anything else.

As of now there is some concern as to whether Pitt adds a RB via the draft or free agency. If Pitt nabs a day 1 RB or signs a free agent like Jamal Lewis, we'll see Parker's value likely even lower than it is in those drafts you're doing now.

Likewise, if we get all the way through the offseason and Pitt hasn't added a big name RB then there's no way you'll see Parker fall to rounds 5 or 6.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Previous

Return to Football Talk