Offseason Low Down - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Offseason Low Down

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MadScott » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:06 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
MadScott wrote:Two interesting diddies from this week's list:

1) They've got Priest Holmes retiring. Not an unheard of thouht, but a bold statement this early.

2) Dom Rhodes they expect could be a cap casualty. Indy can't let he and Edge go. James Mungro starter 2006?

If they let James and Rhodes go, expect the Colts to draft a RB, go to free agency, or both. There's no way Mungro is a starter in the NFL. He's a part timer at best.
I agree about Mungro, just playing devil's advocate a bit. That being said though, having Mungro as your only signed back would make me worry a bit going forward.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:13 pm

MadScott wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
MadScott wrote:Two interesting diddies from this week's list:

1) They've got Priest Holmes retiring. Not an unheard of thouht, but a bold statement this early.

2) Dom Rhodes they expect could be a cap casualty. Indy can't let he and Edge go. James Mungro starter 2006?

If they let James and Rhodes go, expect the Colts to draft a RB, go to free agency, or both. There's no way Mungro is a starter in the NFL. He's a part timer at best.
I agree about Mungro, just playing devil's advocate a bit. That being said though, having Mungro as your only signed back would make me worry a bit going forward.

Yeah, it's only because Bill Polian is my team's GM, that I'm not overly worried. The guy's certainly earned my trust where drafting and free agency are concerned.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:24 am

Rosenthal weighs in on whose stock has been rising and falling during the last two weeks of NFL news. I'm not sure I agree with downgrading Randy Moss just because the Raiders hired Art Shell.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.asp?sport=NFL&column=25
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby maddog60 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:31 am

I'm perfectly content with everyone getting down on Moss. He's becoming an excellent value pick.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby MadScott » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:29 pm

maddog60 wrote:I'm perfectly content with everyone getting down on Moss. He's becoming an excellent value pick.
Agreed. He was definitely hurt last season. Once healthy, he should produce well again.

While I do also think that Martz is going to help DET, I'm still not going to go crazy upgrading that WR corps.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:30 pm

maddog60 wrote:I'm perfectly content with everyone getting down on Moss. He's becoming an excellent value pick.

Agreed, Moss should be able to bounce back, but questions remain about who will be throwing the rock to him. Still, his drop in value could produce big numbers if he gets back on track.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

dsa

Postby sPoRtZsTuD2318 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:32 pm

Thanks alot, that helps me mucho! ;-D

"I got this [b]killa[/b] up inside of me
I can't talk to my mother so I talk to my diary"
sPoRtZsTuD2318
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby The Lung » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:37 pm

The focus of this week's article: Quarterbacks Trading Places.

(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ChyBoy » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:29 pm

The Lung wrote:The focus of this week's article: Quarterbacks Trading Places.

Very insightful. Thanks for the info.
ChyBoy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:01 am

The focus of this week's article: NFC Backfields

(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk