Here are my TOP-30 RB Rankings for 2006 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Here are my TOP-30 RB Rankings for 2006

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:41 am

UTLonghorns wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:J Lew looks pretty low to me. It depends on where he goes.

You really can't have good rankings until after the bulk of UFA.

Whoa...Dude after a season like that, he deserves to be lower.

no way, no how. no one could produce in Balt in those conditions.

If J Lew goes somewhere with a healthy pass attack (and as Boller "improved" late in the season, so did Jamal), he will return to his old form. Depends on where he goes.

But honeslty, Balt had a crappy o-line, and played against defenses that didn't respect the pass. That, and he was supposedly worried about getting hurt before signing a big deal.

I gather that this offseason, when he's signed a multi-year deal with some other team, he'll be fine.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby onnestabe » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:59 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:
UTLonghorns wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:J Lew looks pretty low to me. It depends on where he goes.

You really can't have good rankings until after the bulk of UFA.

Whoa...Dude after a season like that, he deserves to be lower.

no way, no how. no one could produce in Balt in those conditions.

If J Lew goes somewhere with a healthy pass attack (and as Boller "improved" late in the season, so did Jamal), he will return to his old form. Depends on where he goes.

But honeslty, Balt had a crappy o-line, and played against defenses that didn't respect the pass. That, and he was supposedly worried about getting hurt before signing a big deal.

I gather that this offseason, when he's signed a multi-year deal with some other team, he'll be fine.

I would be surprised to see him get a big multi-year deal. There's really no reason to think that this year's rb market will be any different from last year's. There is a strong crop of rookie RBs coming in, and the model for success has been to build a strong Oline and plug anyone back there. If there was no market for Edge and SA last year (both coming off good seasons), why would there be a market for JLew (coming off a bad season with injury concerns)? I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to see JLew and Chester Taylor splitting time in a Baltimore RBBC next year.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:03 pm

I think Deuce is too high on this list, as maybe Dillon. Deuce has had the last two season ended because of leg injuries. When he did play last season he looked pretty slow and easy to hit. More a Duce than Deuce. That's scarey.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:16 pm

moochman wrote:I think Deuce is too high on this list, as maybe Dillon. Deuce has had the last two season ended because of leg injuries. When he did play last season he looked pretty slow and easy to hit. More a Duce than Deuce. That's scarey.

I'll take the opposite stance and say Deuce is too low. My stance on injuries is more contrarian (if a guy has had multiple injuries for a couple yrs, the law of averages and my faith in physicians) which leads me to think he will remain mostly healthy next yr. If he does, he's a threat to be a top 5 fantasy RB behind the revamped Oline. A lot depends on whether they throw out a rookie QB though.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby merc » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:16 pm

More a Duce than Deuce. That's scarey.

Actually, I am thinking more in line with Douche, rather than Duce, a dictator such as that seen in Italy during WW2. :-D

Sorry mooch... I couldn't help myself. :-D
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig

[i]2006 Cafe TSN Ultimate Salary Cap Playoff Champion[/i]
merc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moochman » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:36 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
moochman wrote:I think Deuce is too high on this list, as maybe Dillon. Deuce has had the last two season ended because of leg injuries. When he did play last season he looked pretty slow and easy to hit. More a Duce than Deuce. That's scarey.

I'll take the opposite stance and say Deuce is too low. My stance on injuries is more contrarian (if a guy has had multiple injuries for a couple yrs, the law of averages and my faith in physicians) which leads me to think he will remain mostly healthy next yr. If he does, he's a threat to be a top 5 fantasy RB behind the revamped Oline. A lot depends on whether they throw out a rookie QB though.

Wouldn't you agree that Deuce didn't exactly put up numbers or look like he had the burst last season? I seem to remember people saying that at least he was scoring TDs because he was gaining yards. He just looked slow to me, the few times I saw him play last season.

More like Duce Staley than Deuce McCallister, but still faster than El Duce the ole Italian dictator. Though not as elusive. :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby biju » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:42 pm

Didn't it take Edge one year to regain that confidence in his knee? I'd wait at least one year on Deuce (unless it's a great value) and let someone else get disappointed. Then reap the benefits the following year (2007) when everyone has written him off as a has-been.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Azrael » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:54 pm

biju wrote:Didn't it take Edge one year to regain that confidence in his knee? I'd wait at least one year on Deuce (unless it's a great value) and let someone else get disappointed. Then reap the benefits the following year (2007) when everyone has written him off as a has-been.

Personally Deuce isn't even worth drafting next year. His ligament tear was supposedly pretty bad. He tore it around the same time Edge did during the season when he tore his. The following year Edge had less than 1,000 yards and only 2 scores. He got drafted somewhere in late 2nd or early 3rd round. Thanks but I'll spend my 3rd and even 4th rounder somewhere else.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby biju » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:57 pm

Azrael wrote:
biju wrote:Didn't it take Edge one year to regain that confidence in his knee? I'd wait at least one year on Deuce (unless it's a great value) and let someone else get disappointed. Then reap the benefits the following year (2007) when everyone has written him off as a has-been.

Personally Deuce isn't even worth drafting next year. His ligament tear was supposedly pretty bad. He tore it around the same time Edge did during the season when he tore his. The following year Edge had less than 1,000 yards and only 2 scores. He got drafted somewhere in late 2nd or early 3rd round. Thanks but I'll spend my 3rd and even 4th rounder somewhere else.

Exactly. I wouldn't consider him unless it was extremely late in the draft and was a #4 RB.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby sPoRtZsTuD2318 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:00 pm

biju wrote:
Azrael wrote:

Exactly. I wouldn't consider him unless it was extremely late in the draft and was a #4 RB.

Good points..

"I got this [b]killa[/b] up inside of me
I can't talk to my mother so I talk to my diary"
sPoRtZsTuD2318
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk