Here are my TOP-30 RB Rankings for 2006 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Here are my TOP-30 RB Rankings for 2006

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Lung » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:06 pm

Azrael wrote:
biju wrote:Didn't it take Edge one year to regain that confidence in his knee? I'd wait at least one year on Deuce (unless it's a great value) and let someone else get disappointed. Then reap the benefits the following year (2007) when everyone has written him off as a has-been.


Personally Deuce isn't even worth drafting next year. His ligament tear was supposedly pretty bad. He tore it around the same time Edge did during the season when he tore his. The following year Edge had less than 1,000 yards and only 2 scores. He got drafted somewhere in late 2nd or early 3rd round. Thanks but I'll spend my 3rd and even 4th rounder somewhere else.


Thanks Az, this is exactly the information I was referring to.

Let Deuce go to someone else in your league in 2006.
(~);}

Image

(~);}
The Lung
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9850
(Past Year: 68)
Joined: 2 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Disgusted with Mocha Bean

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:33 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:In 2006, LenDale White will be the best fantasy rookie RB... Bush and Williams are smaller guys who will take some time to adjust to the NFL... LenDale White is a guy that will make an immediate impact at the goal line, and as a workhorse to spell another NFL back... I'm betting he falls to the Vikings and becomes the better half of an RBBC with Mewelde Moore....


I have Williams pegged as the most NFL ready RB in this draft. Lendale is too slow and immature.

I don't like Reggie Bush's possible destinations at all.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 6427
Joined: 2 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:11 am

Williams seems to have holes too, Kensat. The two times I saw him play he looked to take it to the outside often. That doesn't usually work in the NFL where OLBs are much faster and tackle better. I do agree that he will be in a better situation than Bush, but he also lacks the physical characteristics that make Bush so inviting.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:34 pm

The Lung wrote:
Azrael wrote:
biju wrote:Didn't it take Edge one year to regain that confidence in his knee? I'd wait at least one year on Deuce (unless it's a great value) and let someone else get disappointed. Then reap the benefits the following year (2007) when everyone has written him off as a has-been.


Personally Deuce isn't even worth drafting next year. His ligament tear was supposedly pretty bad. He tore it around the same time Edge did during the season when he tore his. The following year Edge had less than 1,000 yards and only 2 scores. He got drafted somewhere in late 2nd or early 3rd round. Thanks but I'll spend my 3rd and even 4th rounder somewhere else.


Thanks Az, this is exactly the information I was referring to.

Let Deuce go to someone else in your league in 2006.


I love the fact that people were calling me crazy because i didnt have Duece in the top 25..... :-b
Image
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 6525
Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: South Stadium

Postby louisianacajunsam » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:13 am

i think most of you are wrong about corey dillon...i think he will rebound...he was hurt almost all of last season...he might be gettin older but those werent serious injuries..if he comes back healthy and stays healthy, he could easily end up around the #8 running back or so...

dont forget him
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator


Posts: 883
Joined: 8 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Azrael » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:26 pm

I did a real quick run through on backs for '06 and got to about 4 or 5 before I started thinking things like, "well if this guy gets traded here then I'd put him here" and "this guy and this guy are probably free agents and not staying". Then the draft is another thing. It's not even worth the hassle at this point.

I'll usually put a rough draft together after free agency is over and then another right after the draft.
Image
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 8283
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Keeping da cafe sucka free for 9 years straight

Postby Phatferd » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:36 pm

How is Lendale White immature?

He would be starting on 113 of the 117 D1 schools and he never complained about his carries. I think he acted really mature while at USC, he never complained about anything and was Reggie's biggest supporter.

He always said he loved playing with a great back like Reggie because it forced him to work really hard just to earn some carries in a game.
Phatferd
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 41
Joined: 5 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:12 pm

Phatferd wrote:How is Lendale White immature?

He would be starting on 113 of the 117 D1 schools and he never complained about his carries. I think he acted really mature while at USC, he never complained about anything and was Reggie's biggest supporter.

He always said he loved playing with a great back like Reggie because it forced him to work really hard just to earn some carries in a game.


You do know that he only declared for the draft because he was about to get kicked out of school right? The guy is lazy, misses classes, tries to be a thug, etc. and even though he says all the right things to the media, he is not the type of personality that succeeds in the NFL.

Talent is talent, but it takes more than that to make it in the NFL. Ask Maurice Clarett.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 6427
Joined: 2 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Your Hero » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:17 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:J Lew looks pretty low to me. It depends on where he goes.

You really can't have good rankings until after the bulk of UFA.

J Lew = trash. Got hyped last year for no reason at all.
Your Hero
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 359
Joined: 5 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:29 pm

Your Hero wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:J Lew looks pretty low to me. It depends on where he goes.

You really can't have good rankings until after the bulk of UFA.

J Lew = trash. Got hyped last year for no reason at all.


yeah no reason at all. Guess a 2000 yard rushing season doesnt mean what it used to.... :-b
Image
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 6525
Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: South Stadium

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kyle2270 and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 4:51 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact