Here are my TOP-30 RB Rankings for 2006 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Here are my TOP-30 RB Rankings for 2006

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Your Hero » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:27 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
Your Hero wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:J Lew looks pretty low to me. It depends on where he goes.

You really can't have good rankings until after the bulk of UFA.

J Lew = trash. Got hyped last year for no reason at all.

yeah no reason at all. Guess a 2000 yard rushing season doesnt mean what it used to.... :-b

Yeah, he really put himself in great position to succeed by spending the offseason in prison. Regardless, the 2,000 yard season was two years prior.
Your Hero
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:19 pm

Your Hero wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
Your Hero wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:J Lew looks pretty low to me. It depends on where he goes.

You really can't have good rankings until after the bulk of UFA.

J Lew = trash. Got hyped last year for no reason at all.

yeah no reason at all. Guess a 2000 yard rushing season doesnt mean what it used to.... :-b

Yeah, he really put himself in great position to succeed by spending the offseason in prison. Regardless, the 2,000 yard season was two years prior.

true but to write him off already for next years seem a tad premature. especially looking back at what he is capapble of doing.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Phatferd » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:22 am

Kensat30 wrote:
Phatferd wrote:How is Lendale White immature?

He would be starting on 113 of the 117 D1 schools and he never complained about his carries. I think he acted really mature while at USC, he never complained about anything and was Reggie's biggest supporter.

He always said he loved playing with a great back like Reggie because it forced him to work really hard just to earn some carries in a game.

You do know that he only declared for the draft because he was about to get kicked out of school right? The guy is lazy, misses classes, tries to be a thug, etc. and even though he says all the right things to the media, he is not the type of personality that succeeds in the NFL.

Talent is talent, but it takes more than that to make it in the NFL. Ask Maurice Clarett.

I know everything about the USC teams. How has he acted like a thug? He has never been suspended, in trouble or any of that. He may have had difficulties in class, does that make him a thug? He still wasn't about to get kicked off, you just want to run with a rumor that you heard and form an entire opinion off of that.

Lendale was all class at USC, he never bitched, moaned or complained about playing time. A lot of backs with his ability would have transferred or bitched til the cows came home.

He was at USC for 3 years, if he was such a crappy student he would have flunked out before. He is leaving for the draft because he is guaranteed to go in the 1st round and RBs should always go if this is the case because they have a short stock life.

There are tons of kids who don't like school and are only there to play football, why is Lendale the bad seed? He never did anything in his college career to insist that he is.
Phatferd
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MrTwo94 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:45 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
moochman wrote:I think Deuce is too high on this list, as maybe Dillon. Deuce has had the last two season ended because of leg injuries. When he did play last season he looked pretty slow and easy to hit. More a Duce than Deuce. That's scarey.

I'll take the opposite stance and say Deuce is too low. My stance on injuries is more contrarian (if a guy has had multiple injuries for a couple yrs, the law of averages and my faith in physicians) which leads me to think he will remain mostly healthy next yr. If he does, he's a threat to be a top 5 fantasy RB behind the revamped Oline. A lot depends on whether they throw out a rookie QB though.

The law of averages does not apply here. Just because you've flipped a coin and hit heads five times in a row does not mean you are any more likely to flip tails the next time. Just bc a guy's been injured two years in a row does not mean he's less likely to be injured this year.

That being said, he's coming off a huge injury which usually takes over a year to be back at full speed and he'll be playing on a team with a new coach and new QB, regardless of rookie status. He is waaay down on my list of top 5 RB threats. Top 15 would be optimistic.
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk