The Future of Ricky Williams... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Future of Ricky Williams...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Wizzle » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:42 am

I'll take him in Detroit. He would fit well with Charles Rogers.
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:27 pm

To Arizona for a draft pick.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Philly Pride » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:43 pm

Wizzle wrote:I'll take him in Detroit. He would fit well with Charles Rogers.

I would consider that a bad thing...was that what you meant?
Philly Pride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby maddog60 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:16 pm

Kensat30 wrote:To Arizona for a draft pick.

I like that call. Detroit wouldn't be too bad of a choice either. I was thinking Jags, if Fred Taylor can't be trusted to stay healthy, but NFC teams do make more sense.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby proKrastinate » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:07 pm

Gnu314 wrote:I can see Ricky getting traded but not to the Vikings. Hes got some good years left in him and he showed at the end of the season that he can still be a stud.

There were faint rumors about Ricky to Denver but I highly doubt that... I'm thinking maybe Ari, SF (assuming they don't get Bush), Car certainly would be interesting but they also have Shelton lurking and Foster although I don't think they'll resign him... The point is that the phins could afford to trade him if they could get something decent in return, Brown is the future there and they need to get rid of Ricky when he could still fetch something.

at this point in time...i cannot see how the niners would acquire Bush. We might be as far as 7th in the picking order and with the other needs on our team, I don't think we can afford both finacially and physically the cost of obtaining Reggie. We have a ton of money and a player (like it or not) we are going to rebuld our franchise around. Further, there are other gapping holes in our team.

However, I would like the acquisition of Ricky for the niners. He could come relatively cheap and we could use him to replace Barlow who might get cut this spring.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby MadScott » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:26 pm

proKrastinate wrote:at this point in time...i cannot see how the niners would acquire Bush. We might be as far as 7th in the picking order and with the other needs on our team, I don't think we can afford both finacially and physically the cost of obtaining Reggie. We have a ton of money and a player (like it or not) we are going to rebuld our franchise around. Further, there are other gapping holes in our team.

However, I would like the acquisition of Ricky for the niners. He could come relatively cheap and we could use him to replace Barlow who might get cut this spring.
Agreed that there is no way that Bush falls to us at 7. Also agree that we don't need to tie up more money in a RB. That's why I also don't see a need for us to be in the Ricky sweepstakes. A backfield of Gore/Hicks will more than suffice for the time being.

Thinking this thing up and down, there's some interesting places for Ricky to end up.

The Jets could use him in place of an aging Curtis Martin and untested Derrick Blaylock, though I think the Dolphins would rather not trade with them.

How about Jacksonville? Taylor is nearing the end of his playing days and Jones was solid but not the game breaker Ricky could be.

Denver's already been mentioned. He would certainly be a nice fit there.

What about Atlanta? Warrick Dunn has to be nearing the end of the road sooner rather than later and Duckett hasn't shown enough to carry the load himself. He would fit very nicely there as well.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:04 pm

MadScott wrote:
proKrastinate wrote:at this point in time...i cannot see how the niners would acquire Bush. We might be as far as 7th in the picking order and with the other needs on our team, I don't think we can afford both finacially and physically the cost of obtaining Reggie. We have a ton of money and a player (like it or not) we are going to rebuld our franchise around. Further, there are other gapping holes in our team.

Agreed that there is no way that Bush falls to us at 7. Also agree that we don't need to tie up more money in a RB. That's why I also don't see a need for us to be in the Ricky sweepstakes. A backfield of Gore/Hicks will more than suffice for the time being.

Thinking this thing up and down, there's some interesting places for Ricky to end up.

The Jets could use him in place of an aging Curtis Martin and untested Derrick Blaylock, though I think the Dolphins would rather not trade with them.

How about Jacksonville? Taylor is nearing the end of his playing days and Jones was solid but not the game breaker Ricky could be.

What about Atlanta? Warrick Dunn has to be nearing the end of the road sooner rather than later and Duckett hasn't shown enough to carry the load himself. He would fit very nicely there as well.

Ricky would be huge in that system but i dont see Atlanta giving up on Dunn and Duckett. Besides they have other pressing needs at WR and defense that they need to fill before worrying about the strongest facet of their game.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:10 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
MadScott wrote:

Ricky would be huge in that system but i dont see Atlanta giving up on Dunn and Duckett. Besides they have other pressing needs at WR and defense that they need to fill before worrying about the strongest facet of their game.
It's not that they are giving up on either per se. Dunn I believe is due a large contract amount this year and let's face it, he's not getting younger. Duckett, as I said earlier, just doesn't seem to have the heart to be an every down back in the league.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: The Future of Ricky Williams...

Postby cherrygarcia1911 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:24 pm

VaderFin wrote:
Philly Pride wrote:What does it look like.

First off, I think if he's a feature back in 2006 he could reach 1200 yards and 8 TD's. But it really depends on what team he goes to. Recently I've heard the Broncos, and while I don't know why the heck they would want him with Anderson and Bell already, that would significantly hurt his value.

Miami knows they have to get rid of him, they need Ronnie to develop. They obviously need a QB with Frerotte getting on in years...

I know...Culpepper for Ricky Williams!

It helps both teams! Michael Bennett is his old injury-prone, inconsistent self week in and week out. Mewelde Moore had a couple good games, but mostly was a disappointment for someone who had the starting RB spot handed to him and didn't grasp it firmly. Minnesota has plenty of RB now, that didn't stop them from taking Ciatrick Fason though. I think maybe they could do something like Bennett/Moore/Fason and C-Pep for Ricky and a pick or some throw-in player.

This seems like a good idea to me, you definitely need a good running game in Minnesota's new west coast offense. Culpepper, return to form or not, would be an improvement over Frerotte. And both sides would open spots for a guy they like, Minny's QB job goes to Brad Johnson, and Miami's RB spot goes to Brown.

Thoughts? Am I crazy?

That bolded statement is completely untrue. Why do they have to get rid of him? Answer....they don't. They might but they don't have to. Saban likes him. He is going to play for a very low cap number. 2 back systems are becoming more and more popular. Now they MIGHT trade him but they certainly don't have to.

I agree.They should definately shop him around and if they can get someone very good at a position of starting need then maybe they will bite.Is QB that position?Gus did alright last yr and before Culpepper had an awful early season I'd have said a trade for Ricky would've been way lopsided in favor of the Fins.Now,seeing how badly Culpepper played w/out Randy and a new offensive cooridinator,I don't know if it would be a good move for the fins at all.Still,I believe you have to improve your starting lineup over keeping depth.If they can do that by trading Ricky then they should do it.
cherrygarcia1911
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:32 pm

MadScott wrote:

Dunn I believe is due a large contract amount this year and let's face it, he's not getting younger. Duckett, as I said earlier, just doesn't seem to have the heart to be an every down back in the league.

I think we will see Dunn restructure for the above reasons. He's not getting a big contract on the open market and he may want to stay with the Falcon's because of his assured starting spot, where the team is headed, retirement reasons, etc. etc.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk