The Future of Ricky Williams... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Future of Ricky Williams...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Philly Pride » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:45 pm

I don't see why they would want Ricky though, they don't need him when they can create a great rusher out of nowhere anyway. Tatum Bell can play, and Mike Anderson is consistant and a good goal-line back. I think trading for Ricky would make their backfield a little overkill when they have other needs to address.
Philly Pride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby moonhead » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:05 pm

this topic is starting to rival the amount of TO threads...

all my intel says he's staying in Miami. This is a shoutout to Vaderfin. he's a pimp if you didn't know. And quite knowledgeable about college sports (even if he is a stinking miami hurricane fan) as well as fantasy football and the real football played in the nfl and across the world. ok he doesn't know anything about the futball played across the world, but he has good knowledge about american football. plus his wife is hot. :-D
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby VaderFin » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:55 am

moonhead wrote:this topic is starting to rival the amount of TO threads...

all my intel says he's staying in Miami. This is a shoutout to Vaderfin. he's a pimp if you didn't know. And quite knowledgeable about college sports (even if he is a stinking miami hurricane fan) as well as fantasy football and the real football played in the nfl and across the world. ok he doesn't know anything about the futball played across the world, but he has good knowledge about american football. plus his wife is hot. :-D

No touchey for you! :-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:05 pm

Maybe Shanny doesn't think his ground game is as consistent as he'd like, having to switch back and forth from Anderson to Bell. I really think he likes having one guy back there all the time. He was not typically a RBBC guy. He knows Anderson is getting old and he already said himself that Bell is most effective when he only carries the ball about 10 times a game. I don't think he likes that. His focus is the ground game and he's always gotten along with just above average receivers. Considering the headache that Owens is and that Denver runs alot and the way their RB situation is, I'd think them more likely to go after Williams than Owens.

I think Owens may end up in KC.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby MadScott » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:14 pm

Azrael wrote:Maybe Shanny doesn't think his ground game is as consistent as he'd like, having to switch back and forth from Anderson to Bell. I really think he likes having one guy back there all the time. He was not typically a RBBC guy. He knows Anderson is getting old and he already said himself that Bell is most effective when he only carries the ball about 10 times a game. I don't think he likes that. His focus is the ground game and he's always gotten along with just above average receivers. Considering the headache that Owens is and that Denver runs alot and the way their RB situation is, I'd think them more likely to go after Williams than Owens.

I think Owens may end up in KC.
You hit on what I was trying to hit on Az. Anderson and Bell are serviceable but neither is the solid, single back that you have in Ricky. In Ricky you would get the whole package rolled into one.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:39 pm

i honestly think anderson/bell is a better combo than just having ricky. Williams just doesnt seem like he cares. He really didnt put up great numbers this past year. I think his time has passed.
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby JavaDude » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:32 pm

Ricky is also only one substance violation away from being booted from the NFL permanently.
JavaDude
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby VaderFin » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:42 am

DelhommesFan1 wrote:i honestly think anderson/bell is a better combo than just having ricky. Williams just doesnt seem like he cares. He really didnt put up great numbers this past year. I think his time has passed.

He missed 4 games and split carries with Brown...of course he didn't put up great numbers. :-?
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk