Steelers really need to do something about turnover problem - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Steelers really need to do something about turnover problem

Moderator: Football Moderators

Steelers really need to do something about turnover problem

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:33 pm

No - not turning the ball over, I mean the turnover in coaches. C'mon - they've had 2 coaches in the last 37 years!!! When is this revolving door gonna stop? What kind of example does this set for the rest of the league? What a ridiculous theory - get a good coach, and then give him the time and the tools to build a winning team - who comes up with this nonsense??? And to actually forgive the odd bad season and stay the course - heresy!!!
How much rope are they gonna give Cowher? They tried this silly theory on Chuck Noll and the best he could produce was 4 Super Bowl victories. Will they never learn?
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 160)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:38 pm

i sense some sarcasm....
Image
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 6525
Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: South Stadium

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:46 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:i sense some sarcasm....


:-D ;-)
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 160)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Postby Homeless » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:36 pm

LOL, saw the title and wondered where you were gonna go with it :-b ;-D
Image
Image
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 10011
Joined: 21 Aug 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby mysticphysh » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:02 am

Steelers real turnover is in assistant coaches. They're always so good, they go on to be head coaches somewhere. We're probably going to lose the Whizz to the Raiders and we came this close to losing the O-line coach Max Grimm to a head coach position.
Image
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 3465
Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:05 am

Homeless wrote:LOL, saw the title and wondered where you were gonna go with it :-b ;-D


Yeh, couldn't resist - was just reading about the 93 head coaching changes since Cowher was hired!!!
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 160)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Postby stomperrob » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:07 am

mysticphysh wrote:Steelers real turnover is in assistant coaches. They're always so good, they go on to be head coaches somewhere. We're probably going to lose the Whizz to the Raiders and we came this close to losing the O-line coach Max Grimm to a head coach position.


Yeh, he's starting to be a coaching factory like Walsh, Parcells, Holmgren and Bellichek.
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 160)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:22 am

stomperrob wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:Steelers real turnover is in assistant coaches. They're always so good, they go on to be head coaches somewhere. We're probably going to lose the Whizz to the Raiders and we came this close to losing the O-line coach Max Grimm to a head coach position.


Yeh, he's starting to be a coaching factory like Walsh, Parcells, Holmgren and Bellichek.


And the Ravens... they drop coaches like crazy. Everytime they get a new DC, someone else hires them.

I think Balt had a bad season on purpose so they could keep a DC...

And yeah, the Parcells tree is insane. Considering Belicheck has his own tree, and he's just a branch of Parcells... :-°
Image

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5255
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: From Diego to tha bay ...

Postby MadScott » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:16 pm

:-?

Must be the offseason.
Image
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5924
Joined: 27 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:26 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
stomperrob wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:Steelers real turnover is in assistant coaches. They're always so good, they go on to be head coaches somewhere. We're probably going to lose the Whizz to the Raiders and we came this close to losing the O-line coach Max Grimm to a head coach position.


Yeh, he's starting to be a coaching factory like Walsh, Parcells, Holmgren and Bellichek.


And the Ravens... they drop coaches like crazy. Everytime they get a new DC, someone else hires them.

I think Balt had a bad season on purpose so they could keep a DC...

And yeah, the Parcells tree is insane. Considering Belicheck has his own tree, and he's just a branch of Parcells... :-°


Be great to see a coaching tree. :-? Wonder if anyone has ever done one?
Image
Image
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 10011
Joined: 21 Aug 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 11:35 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact