KC now going after TO - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

KC now going after TO

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MadScott » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:02 pm

UNDEFEATED wrote:BTW...i think TO would look terrible in a KC uniform.
You're just saying that because no one on the Raiders could cover him. :-b
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Timbathia » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:13 pm

This would be terrible! With the receiving skills of Gonzo, Gates, R Moss, Priest, LT, Jordan, and now possibly TO in the AFC West, it is no wonder the Broncos secondary has such crappy numbers.

Maybe it is time to make any games with two AFC West teams involved into an arena league format since no-one has a chance of playing quality defense anyway.

Why cant TO go to the NFC North or the AFC East where all the teams are terrible and he would be guaranteed to get 100% of the looks and a free-pass into the playoffs?
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ljthockey » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:43 pm

Yeah im kinda torn on this. Like Logan said I would love his on the field talent but his off the field baggage might not be worth it. I just dont see Herm Edwards putting up with T.O. or even wanting to bring that into his locker room.

If we acquired him I would be happy for our offense and hope he gets some what of a head on his shoulders and plays his personality mellow for a year it would be smart for him finacially but I dont see it happening.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby cherrygarcia1911 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:15 pm

1.Denver vs K.C. competing for T.O. would be sick.That totally puts T.O. and his sleezy agent in the drivers seat.I hate seeing greed and selfishness rewarded.
2.T.O. would be a great boon for any team but especially K.C..Move Kennison over to the #2 and you suddenly have a explosive air game.
3.T.Green typically throws for top 5 yds in the league every yr.Put T.O. in there and alot of incompletions turn into catches.They would both be studs.
4.K.C. is getting old w/T.Green and the o-line.The time is NOW to make the move.
5.K.C. needs to give up whatever draft pick the Eagles can wrangle out of them to trade for T.O..Unfortunately T.O.{via his agents evil prodding}would still demand a new contract most likley{since his evil agent doesn't get a dime from his old one}but at least K.C. would be the team to hold his rights and have an exclusive right to renegetioate w/him then.
6.The Eagles shouldn't settle for anything less than a 3rd rd pick.
cherrygarcia1911
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby UNDEFEATED » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:30 am

MadScott wrote:
UNDEFEATED wrote:BTW...i think TO would look terrible in a KC uniform.
You're just saying that because no one on the Raiders could cover him. :-b

funny ;-D
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby logan » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:38 am

cherrygarcia1911 wrote:5.K.C. needs to give up whatever draft pick the Eagles can wrangle out of them to trade for T.O..Unfortunately T.O.{via his agents evil prodding}would still demand a new contract most likley{since his evil agent doesn't get a dime from his old one}but at least K.C. would be the team to hold his rights and have an exclusive right to renegetioate w/him then.
6.The Eagles shouldn't settle for anything less than a 3rd rd pick.

the chiefs (or anyone else i think) will be giving up nothing for TO. everyone knows the eags will release him on march 1st becasue of the roster bonus he will be due. there is no reason to trade for him at all. not to mention the fact that with no contract in place becasue of being released you have a better hand in negotiating something that would pay him less (on a one year good graces style contract) than he would if you did trade for him and add in stipulations to the new contract.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:31 am

cherrygarcia1911 wrote:6.The Eagles shouldn't settle for anything less than a 3rd rd pick.

You're kidding right? With TO's bonus coming due any time now? They would be lucky to get a late day 2 pick. 6th rounder tops.

And of course TO needs a new contract. The Eagle's jacked him and heavily backloaded his current contract. Why do you think he wants to get traded in the first place? It only took him a full year to realize that a 33 year old player is most likely not going to see $6.5 million dollar roster bonus in the offseason. It's like TO maxed out a credit card on a 0% offer, and then is surprised the rate went up when the 1 year is up. It's all in the contract...
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby maddog60 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:31 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
cherrygarcia1911 wrote:6.The Eagles shouldn't settle for anything less than a 3rd rd pick.

You're kidding right? With TO's bonus coming due any time now? They would be lucky to get a late day 2 pick. 6th rounder tops.

I'm not so sure. If I recall, released players count when the NFL awards compensation draft picks, and which round they begin in is linked directly to the quality of the player. Given the playmaker that TO, I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles got a top compansation pick for him (end of the 3rd round). So, why exactly would they have to settle for nothing? A 3rd rounder, maybe a 2nd rounder if they can persuade KC and Denver into a bidding war seems about right.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:32 pm

people are missing the poitn still.

You don't get him "free" if you wait for him to get cut and you get outbid...

Trading gives you negotiation rights to his contract.

Eagles won't get much if anything--I have doubts. But there is a poitn to trading.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby cherrygarcia1911 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:24 pm

eaglesrule wrote:people are missing the poitn still.

You don't get him "free" if you wait for him to get cut and you get outbid...

Trading gives you negotiation rights to his contract.

Eagles won't get much if anything--I have doubts. But there is a poitn to trading.

Exactly.

Now two OTHER divison rivals seem to be "interested" in T.O.,at least from the talking heads at ESPN that is.The Cowboys AND the Redskins have their feelers out supposedly.I don't see a chance in hell of A.Reid trading him within the divison though.I think he'd rather give him away for a 7th rd pick to an AFC team than give T.O. motivation like being a divison rival of the Eagles.
cherrygarcia1911
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk