KC now going after TO - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

KC now going after TO

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:01 pm

cherrygarcia1911 wrote:
eaglesrule wrote:people are missing the poitn still.

You don't get him "free" if you wait for him to get cut and you get outbid...

Trading gives you negotiation rights to his contract.

Eagles won't get much if anything--I have doubts. But there is a poitn to trading.

Exactly.

Now two OTHER divison rivals seem to be "interested" in T.O.,at least from the talking heads at ESPN that is.The Cowboys AND the Redskins have their feelers out supposedly.I don't see a chance in hell of A.Reid trading him within the divison though.I think he'd rather give him away for a 7th rd pick to an AFC team than give T.O. motivation like being a divison rival of the Eagles.

I honestly don't think TO will get traded. Teams will wait for him to be released. If i'm not mistaken isn't a team binded by the contract that players signed with the previous team? Would the team that traded for TO still be on the hook for the huge roster bonus?

And I really think TO would love to play within the NFC East. I think he'd want to play the Eagles twice a year. And the Redskins and Cowboys both have QBs I think TO could thrive with. If Bledsoe and Brunell are given protection they can both wing it pretty good....especially Bledsoe. Watch the Cowboys, It comes down to Parcells. Jones want TO and is probably salavating at the thought... now if Parcells wants another reclaimation project is another question. If so TO is a Cowboy next season. I think Gibbs has enough trouble makers on his team that he already can't control.

But I think the Broncos will be the team to land him.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:05 pm

he could thrive with brunell?

Did you watch the skins versus the bucs?

Brunell isn't very good. The team did well, but I haven't been impressed with him over the course of the season--although he had flashes of brilliance.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm

Mike and Mike brought up a very good point when talking to Steve Smith this morning. Basically, how would you feel, being a receiver, on a running team, with an incentive based contract. I.e., if you catch 80 balls, but your team runs most of the time. Compare Philly's running game (or lackthereof) to KC's.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby confused_jake » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:34 pm

Am i the only one that thinks this could turn out like the raiders last year?
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby fantasizing » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 pm

Funny, back track to November and people were saying
"No one will want TO now, his career is over"

now, Dallas, Washington, Denver, KC, and god knows how many others are more than just interested. Can't keep a stud down.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby maddog60 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:41 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:I honestly don't think TO will get traded. Teams will wait for him to be released. If i'm not mistaken isn't a team binded by the contract that players signed with the previous team? Would the team that traded for TO still be on the hook for the huge roster bonus?

If I recall correctly, when Champ Bailey and Clinton Portis were traded, each received new contracts from their respective teams. The reason a team might trade is that they would be the only team throwing contract offers at TO if they trade for him. 2-3 teams seriously interested in him could make it very dicey trying to get him as a FA.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby UNDEFEATED » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:52 am

confused_jake wrote:Am i the only one that thinks this could turn out like the raiders last year?

yes.

No way TO goes to a team and has minimal effect to the offense.

Two completely different types of wr.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby UTLonghorns » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:30 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:KC would average over 50 points per game.

I agree. LJ is always near 200 and 3 td's. Now if TO adds another 2 or 3 and maybe a FG here or there. Botta Bam.
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:57 am

I don't think TO can average 2 or 3 td's per game. that would be 32 td's. More like a TD every game and a third.

Teams would totally play stall ball on KC if they got that offense I would think, and their D still isn't all that.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby logan » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:30 am

maddog60 wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:I honestly don't think TO will get traded. Teams will wait for him to be released. If i'm not mistaken isn't a team binded by the contract that players signed with the previous team? Would the team that traded for TO still be on the hook for the huge roster bonus?

If I recall correctly, when Champ Bailey and Clinton Portis were traded, each received new contracts from their respective teams. The reason a team might trade is that they would be the only team throwing contract offers at TO if they trade for him. 2-3 teams seriously interested in him could make it very dicey trying to get him as a FA.

that's true but the only reason either were traded was becasue they wanted a new bigger contract. both the skins and broncos could have stuck with the contracts they signed previously (and were still under) but both portis and bailey were saying they would hold out if they did not get a new contract. those were the sole reasons they were traded becasue neither team wanted to pay what they wanted and did not want to deal with the disruption it could cause.

TO was under contract still when he was shipped to the eagles. they could have kept him at that contract but gave him a new one so he would be "suposedly" happy and ready to play.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk