Uh oh...we have the first smack talk of SBXL! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Uh oh...we have the first smack talk of SBXL!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:45 pm

"Now I'm looking for him on game day, now I'm looking for Stevens," Porter said. "He has to line up in front of me, and that information you gave me just got me started so I'll be out there looking for him at the 50-yard line. That information will go a long way because Stevens can't hide from me. He has to line up in front of me and I'll remind him of [what he said] every time I put him on his back.

Who wants to bet all of this comes to nothing? 99% of the time, when a player gets into it in the papers with another player before a game, they never even breathe the same ten feet of air during the game. To come out and say you are going to do it is stupid. Now if a ref even sees Porter look at Stevens too hard they'll be itching for a flag. This trash talk thing is a bit ridiculous, starting with Kreutz and Williams before the Bear-Viking fiasco. Don't these guys know how to laugh it off and let their play end the battle anymore?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:50 pm

Joey Porter is a moron. Gimme a break.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:57 pm

porter was just looking for some way to insert his mouth into the media again. SB week usually has no one saying much of anything and it's been almost two weeks since joey got to spout off about something he should have just let go. gee steavens actually thinks they are goign to win and wnats to? joey attack and make an even bigger fool of yourself. i picked the steallers in the ladder (not that it means anything now) but i really really hope they loose so i don't have to hear his mouth. course if the do i'm sure he will run off at the mouth again about something.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby logan » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:58 pm

sorry have no idea how that double posted. :-?
Last edited by logan on Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby biju » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:40 pm

I'm curious if there's more to it than this. Stevens must already know who he's going to match up against as the plays were already "installed" to their gameplan last week. Is it possible he said something specifically to try to get Porter all fired up? He knows Porter must be dying to say something and *everyone* is going to be listening.

Watch the first "blocking" matchup and see Porter break through toward Hasselbeck rather easily only to watch Stevens running down the field with the ball as soon as he releases.

Maybe I'm making this more psychological than it actually is though. :-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Nilmerf » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:53 pm

Stevens will catch a TD pass.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby jh2031 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:16 pm

All I know is Stevens better keep his head on a swivel....Porter, Polamalu, and CO. will be looking for him.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

asd

Postby sPoRtZsTuD2318 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:34 pm

Stevens is going to get owned..

That's just poor.

"I got this [b]killa[/b] up inside of me
I can't talk to my mother so I talk to my diary"
sPoRtZsTuD2318
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:50 pm

I'm sure Stevens was joking around about it, reporters are asking you random and weird questions all day long....it's only time until one gets taken out of context.....even if stevens meant it in a mean way, do u really think he would say "it is so good Jerome Bettis's career will end by beating us in the Super Bowl trophy because by us losing and him winning it will be a fairy tale ending to a great career. "

Yea, go ahead and mess with Stevens, he's only like 6' 8" and been an off-field street brawler and bar fighter for the past 5 years.

Will be interesting though....like i was reading in the news today, the new reporters are bored and looking for anything they can find because there arnt any TO's or big time trouble makers or hard feelings at all in this SP.....2 classy teams.

only took the media 10 days to finally "try" to dig something up
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby jh2031 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:14 pm

Alkaholik wrote:I'm sure Stevens was joking around about it, reporters are asking you random and weird questions all day long....it's only time until one gets taken out of context.....even if stevens meant it in a mean way, do u really think he would say "it is so good Jerome Bettis's career will end by beating us in the Super Bowl trophy because by us losing and him winning it will be a fairy tale ending to a great career. "

Yea, go ahead and mess with Stevens, he's only like 6' 8" and been an off-field street brawler and bar fighter for the past 5 years.

Will be interesting though....like i was reading in the news today, the new reporters are bored and looking for anything they can find because there arnt any TO's or big time trouble makers or hard feelings at all in this SP.....2 classy teams.

only took the media 10 days to finally "try" to dig something up

I don't think Porter cares how tall Stevens is...he started a fight with Green of the Browns over nothing. And at the Pro Bowl last year was the 2nd strongest on bench press...he's a mean dude. :-b :-b :-b

And I actually don't care what anyone says. I actually like when they talk a little smack. I'm so sick of everyone kissing a s s in the media...this is FOOTBALL!
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk