Uh oh...we have the first smack talk of SBXL! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Uh oh...we have the first smack talk of SBXL!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:45 pm

jh2031 wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:I'm sure Stevens was joking around about it, reporters are asking you random and weird questions all day long....it's only time until one gets taken out of context.....even if stevens meant it in a mean way, do u really think he would say "it is so good Jerome Bettis's career will end by beating us in the Super Bowl trophy because by us losing and him winning it will be a fairy tale ending to a great career. "

Yea, go ahead and mess with Stevens, he's only like 6' 8" and been an off-field street brawler and bar fighter for the past 5 years.

Will be interesting though....like i was reading in the news today, the new reporters are bored and looking for anything they can find because there arnt any TO's or big time trouble makers or hard feelings at all in this SP.....2 classy teams.

only took the media 10 days to finally "try" to dig something up


I don't think Porter cares how tall Stevens is...he started a fight with Green of the Browns over nothing. And at the Pro Bowl last year was the 2nd strongest on bench press...he's a mean dude. :-b :-b :-b

And I actually don't care what anyone says. I actually like when they talk a little smack. I'm so sick of everyone kissing a s s in the media...this is FOOTBALL!


Yea, cuz you know we want 100 more TO's in football, running their mouths, turning football into a $$$/Joke of a sport.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7631
(Past Year: 22)
Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: wherever Jack takes me....

Postby jh2031 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:07 pm

Alkaholik wrote:
jh2031 wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:I'm sure Stevens was joking around about it, reporters are asking you random and weird questions all day long....it's only time until one gets taken out of context.....even if stevens meant it in a mean way, do u really think he would say "it is so good Jerome Bettis's career will end by beating us in the Super Bowl trophy because by us losing and him winning it will be a fairy tale ending to a great career. "

Yea, go ahead and mess with Stevens, he's only like 6' 8" and been an off-field street brawler and bar fighter for the past 5 years.

Will be interesting though....like i was reading in the news today, the new reporters are bored and looking for anything they can find because there arnt any TO's or big time trouble makers or hard feelings at all in this SP.....2 classy teams.

only took the media 10 days to finally "try" to dig something up


I don't think Porter cares how tall Stevens is...he started a fight with Green of the Browns over nothing. And at the Pro Bowl last year was the 2nd strongest on bench press...he's a mean dude. :-b :-b :-b

And I actually don't care what anyone says. I actually like when they talk a little smack. I'm so sick of everyone kissing a s s in the media...this is FOOTBALL!


Yea, cuz you know we want 100 more TO's in football, running their mouths, turning football into a $$$/Joke of a sport.


Wow, way to take what I said out of context...you did an excellent job. I'm just tired of every player on each team saying "Wow, these guys are super...they're great....blah blah blah" It gets boring. I'm not saying that every player should destroy a team like T.O. did by yelling at his QB and coach and fighting with players. These players came here to win...so why not say it?
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 3595
Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pittsburgh, PA....Awaiting our next Super Bowl

Postby SeaWolf » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:45 am

Jeremy, just shut your yap!
Image
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4620
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Time to FEED THE BEAST!

Postby Alkaholik » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:28 pm

jh2031 wrote:Porter at the Pro Bowl last year was the 2nd strongest on bench press


Not to say that Porter isnt strong, cuz i'm sure he is....but what you forgot to mention is that he got 2nd place in Benching at the Pro-bowl out of a whole 5 people......good try to make it sound better at first glance.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7631
(Past Year: 22)
Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: wherever Jack takes me....

Postby biju » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:45 pm

Alkaholik wrote:
jh2031 wrote:Porter at the Pro Bowl last year was the 2nd strongest on bench press


Not to say that Porter isnt strong, cuz i'm sure he is....but what you forgot to mention is that he got 2nd place in Benching at the Pro-bowl out of a whole 5 people......good try to make it sound better at first glance.


I was actually pretty impressed when I read that since I thought he had beaten out a bunch of linemen.

:-t
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5941
Joined: 6 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Seattle - Ballard

Postby awwchrist » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:53 pm

Joey,

Image

love,

WJ.
Image
________________________________________
26-13
Only 3 leagues this year. No sense in rooting for everyone in the NFL.
awwchrist
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9433
Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: see that 1:hidden? That's me.

Postby jh2031 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:50 pm

Alkaholik wrote:
jh2031 wrote:Porter at the Pro Bowl last year was the 2nd strongest on bench press


Not to say that Porter isnt strong, cuz i'm sure he is....but what you forgot to mention is that he got 2nd place in Benching at the Pro-bowl out of a whole 5 people......good try to make it sound better at first glance.


Hey, I work out and I can appreciate a guy who puts 225 up 32 times.

EDIT: I'm not sure if it was 32 now that I think about it but it was around there.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 3595
Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pittsburgh, PA....Awaiting our next Super Bowl

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:04 pm

jh2031 wrote:Hey, I work out and I can appreciate a guy who puts 225 up 32 times.

EDIT: I'm not sure if it was 32 now that I think about it but it was around there.


I think it was 32, but Adam Archuleta did 31 at the combine weighing 209 to Porter's 250+. I have to add that they are MUCH stricter about form at the combine than the Pro Bowl.

32 is still impressive though.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5971
Joined: 21 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Illadelph

Postby biju » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:45 pm

jh2031 wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:
jh2031 wrote:Porter at the Pro Bowl last year was the 2nd strongest on bench press


Not to say that Porter isnt strong, cuz i'm sure he is....but what you forgot to mention is that he got 2nd place in Benching at the Pro-bowl out of a whole 5 people......good try to make it sound better at first glance.


Hey, I work out and I can appreciate a guy who puts 225 up 32 times.

EDIT: I'm not sure if it was 32 now that I think about it but it was around there.


Wait. He took second with putting up 225 only32 times?

Ok, it's a ton of weight for the average person but when I was "semi" working out I could put up 225 about 12 times. Yeah, it's not close to 32 but then again I wasn't exactly dedicating my life to working out and being in shape like these guys do.

Give me 5 years of strict workouts and put me back at 26 years old or so and I can *guarantee* I could do the same.

:-t
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5941
Joined: 6 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Seattle - Ballard

Postby Nilmerf » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:11 am

Nilmerf wrote:Stevens will catch a TD pass.

At least I was right on one thing. :~(
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2059
Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: BC

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 22:41 hours
(and 34 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact