Chris Chambers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chris Chambers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:50 pm

skibrett15 wrote:He's probably a no. 1 wr this year with a good chance to repeat his numbers, and perhaps increase a little on yardage. He had 11 TDs last year which was great, but I don't see him dropping that many into next year.

1300/10 no. 1 wr numbers really.
I'd take him over santana moss and he falls with Plax Burress and Darell Jackson in my rankings at no. 12.

I like this analysis. He definitely has the talent to be a top guy, but he never seems to have someone to throw to him. Imagine if Marino were playing right now! 8-o

The Dolphins' offense definitely looked better last year, and with a more solid QB, they could be really good. I keep going back to the schedules though...they have Indy, NE, Chicago, and Pittsburgh on the road next year plus JAX, the other NE game and Buffalo twice. There are some good defenses there that might be able to stop him. He's a top 15 WR for next year though for sure.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ljthockey » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:57 pm

I've always been a huge Chambers fan. He seems to be a top 10 talent in the league just never gets the supporting cast. I think this early in the year and not knowing what the quarterback situation is going to be its hard to tell. If Miami keeps there crappy QB's then i'd rank him outside of the top 10 but if they get even a decent quarterback like Volek or someone then I would put him at around number 10.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:51 pm

ljthockey wrote:I've always been a huge Chambers fan. He seems to be a top 10 talent in the league just never gets the supporting cast. I think this early in the year and not knowing what the quarterback situation is going to be its hard to tell. If Miami keeps there crappy QB's then i'd rank him outside of the top 10 but if they get even a decent quarterback like Volek or someone then I would put him at around number 10.

I'd draft him around this area too...

HOWEVER... where does he go if the Fins draft Cutler? If that happens... I'd be less inclined because rookies never do well. But then again Cutler would pass long more.

Quite the pickle.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:26 pm

He's a decent #2 WR. Good chance for 1000/10 but it comes in hills and valleys. Doesn't have too much breakout potential because of his inconsistency. Dissappears in too many games.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Wizzle » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:55 am

Kensat30 wrote:He's a decent #2 WR. Good chance for 1000/10 but it comes in hills and valleys. Doesn't have too much breakout potential because of his inconsistency. Dissappears in too many games.

Last year I was good at having him on my bench when he exploded.
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby moochman » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:41 am

He is in a great situation should the Phins{ land a competent QB. They already have a decent D and a very good run game. Add a stud TE (when he isn't busy beating on his wife) and you have a top ten WR. Too bad he had so many good games last season, won't be so easily overlooked next season.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby wizbang » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:17 am

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Saban. This guy is a winner. He won at MSU, he won at LSU and the turnaround in Miami last year was pretty impressive even with horrible QB options. I think Saban insures that Chambers will be a #1 WR or at worst a very good #2. That will depend on the QB position. For next year, Volek would be by far the best option but looking forward Cutler might be better.

I do see this somewhat like I see Gruden offenses. Regardless of who this guy has playing QB, some WR is going to put up numbers. In Miami that guy is Chambers. I don't see his value falling out of the Top 15 WRs (Top 10 if Volek is signed).
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
wizbang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Heimholder » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:46 am

I see him being that guy that I would like to have on my bench, but will probably be taken way too early to end up on my roster. It was great in 2005 when I got him in like the 7th or 8th round and then he helped me win the league title. But in the 3rd or 4th round in 2006? Not such good value given his inconsistency and questions at QB. Especially considering there will probably be other solid, more proven options still available at that spot, like D-Jax, Hines Ward, Joe Horn, maybe even Randy Moss.
Heimholder
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:38 am

The real beneficiary of the improving Miami offense is Ronnie Brown. Chris Chambers is a great playmaker and all, but he's not gonna carry the team. He's not the type of guy that is going to catch 6-8 passes week in and week out and haul in 1500 yards over 16 games. Just look at his career numbers, bigtime TDs on very low receptions for a #1 WR. The only reason he broke 80+ receptions this past year was his monster 15 catch game... Maybe the stars will align for him like Santana Moss, but I wouldn't drop a 3rd/early 4th round pick on him trying to predict that. I like the blowup potential of Chambers, maybe he'll single-handedly win you a couple games every year, but I don't wanna rely on him to get me those 10 points every week that I need out of my #1 WR.

Randy McMichael catches a lot of passes, Marty Booker can be the leading WR in certain games, Wes Welker and Ronnie Brown can make some plays... Miami has plenty of receiving threats. Bottom line though, their QB situation is pretty damn bleak at this point. The QB almost makes the WR as much as the WR makes it for himself. Chambers is just not gonna be the next stud unless he becomes options #1, #2, and #3 overnight ala Steve Smith, and I don't see that happening.

Finally, the AFC East is not exactly known for passing juggernauts. Tom Brady gets a pass last season because the Pat's had no real RB to handoff to.

P.S. Totally off topic, but on a side note, Corey Dillon is DONE. He's the equivalent of Duce Staley in 2006. Don't draft him next year. Grab the RB the Pat's pickup in the draft or FA.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby MadScott » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:15 pm

Kensat30 wrote:P.S. Totally off topic, but on a side note, Corey Dillon is DONE. He's the equivalent of Duce Staley in 2006. Don't draft him next year. Grab the RB the Pat's pickup in the draft or FA.

No fair! You can't just drop that and then scamper off. Details, por favor!
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk