Donovan McNabb = Moron - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Donovan McNabb = Moron

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:47 pm

When I first heard about this, I thought for sure it had to be McNabb mocking that idiotical NAACP official who wrote that ridiculous article about him.

When I saw the interview, I was really hoping McNabb is in the middle of recovery and under the influence of some really good prescriptions.

Dumb comment, but far from the norm from McNabb, in fact it is the exception to his behavior, so I wouldn't quite declare him a moron for this one moment of stupidity. I'm pretty sure everyone except maybe Einstein has done or said something that would make anyone think "What a moron?"
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:51 pm

Does "Huge" Hugh Douglas need to be heard at every possible intervole? Note to Hugh: shut up.

But now he's trashing on Donovan. Very funny.

(source: AP, via nflfans.com)

# AP reports Philadelphia Eagles ambassador Hugh Douglas was interviewed on radio station WIP-AM (610) and he questioned QB Donovan McNabb's leadership skills. Douglas spread the blame for the team's disappointing 6-10 season, but he specifically questioned the leadership of McNabb. "The thing that Donovan needs - it's been proven, especially this year - he needs other people to lead," Douglas said. "He's not a leader. He doesn't want to lead. He is the leader on the field as a quarterback; he isn't a team leader. He needs a good supporting cast." Douglas said that he and McNabb talked Wednesday, Feb. 1, after the radio show and that the Eagles quarterback was fine with what Douglas said when he explained the context. Douglas suggested on the show that some radical changes would be needed to address the leadership issue.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:31 pm

Keyser_WV wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Seems like a good time to bring this up.

Any guesses as to which starting QBs hold the lowest wonderlick scores?

McNair - 15
McNabb - 16
Brooks - 17
Culpepper - 18

I dont know what that means, but I bet it means something. Also - remember that wonderlick scores are not published facts, but they do leak out, and some of the starting QB scores are not known at all.

Here's a quick link
http://www.unc.edu/~mirabile/Wonderlic.htm

I gave a quick glance. One thing that stood out to me was

Dan Marino - 14
Kyle Boller - 27
Joey Harrington - 32

Maybe the wonderlic doesn't mean so much after all?

If I was a scout or evaluator I would look at the scores but their performance and the way they handle themselves on the field along with what the coaches say about them would by far outweigh the wonderlic test.

I get the Philly stations where I live. McNabb is a goofball for sure.

Hugh Douglas said McNabb is a leader on the field but not a leader in the locker room. Douglas said he needs others to lead in the locker room and that Philly was having some problems before T.O. came in and magnified them.

I try not to get to caught up in the race related comments. I'm not black so i don't really know where he is coming from.

It certainly doesn't mean that there isn't some validity to what he said in the black community.

Obviously a bunch of white guys are going to say that it is ridiculous because we don't know what it is like to be black in america.

I live in NE PA. My neighbor was moving and the owner of the house gave him some extra cash to interview potential tenants for her to rent too.

It's been a few months and nobody has moved in. I saw him the other day and he said it is a white lady who refuses to rent to any non white person no matter if they can afford it or not.

Racism is alive and well. I don't see how anyone can jump on someone for playing the race card without walking in their shoes.

Anyway, McNabb is a goofball and I hope he doesn't screw up Brian Westbrook's value somehow because I have him as a keeper in my $$$ league.

Hold on now - you are correlating the wonderlic score to things like skill, leadership, and success - at least thats what it looks like. The test is just for intelligence - thats it - the ability to learn. It in no way is reflective upon how good they are at football.

You dont think for a second that there may be something behind the fact that in todays NFL, the 4 lowest scoring starting QBs on the standard IQ test are all black?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:48 pm

Holy crap... Drew Henson got a 42.

Here's hoping he gets his crap together in Europe and develops into the QB he used to be... ;-D

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:53 pm

Here you guys go... another Wonderlic site. Pretty cool.

I got eight within the limit... so 44. Not shabby.

http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/existence/wonderlic.html

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Keyser_WV » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:57 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Keyser_WV wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Seems like a good time to bring this up.

Any guesses as to which starting QBs hold the lowest wonderlick scores?

McNair - 15
McNabb - 16
Brooks - 17
Culpepper - 18

I dont know what that means, but I bet it means something. Also - remember that wonderlick scores are not published facts, but they do leak out, and some of the starting QB scores are not known at all.

Here's a quick link
http://www.unc.edu/~mirabile/Wonderlic.htm

I gave a quick glance. One thing that stood out to me was

Dan Marino - 14
Kyle Boller - 27
Joey Harrington - 32

Maybe the wonderlic doesn't mean so much after all?

If I was a scout or evaluator I would look at the scores but their performance and the way they handle themselves on the field along with what the coaches say about them would by far outweigh the wonderlic test.

I get the Philly stations where I live. McNabb is a goofball for sure.

Hugh Douglas said McNabb is a leader on the field but not a leader in the locker room. Douglas said he needs others to lead in the locker room and that Philly was having some problems before T.O. came in and magnified them.

I try not to get to caught up in the race related comments. I'm not black so i don't really know where he is coming from.

It certainly doesn't mean that there isn't some validity to what he said in the black community.

Obviously a bunch of white guys are going to say that it is ridiculous because we don't know what it is like to be black in america.

I live in NE PA. My neighbor was moving and the owner of the house gave him some extra cash to interview potential tenants for her to rent too.

It's been a few months and nobody has moved in. I saw him the other day and he said it is a white lady who refuses to rent to any non white person no matter if they can afford it or not.

Racism is alive and well. I don't see how anyone can jump on someone for playing the race card without walking in their shoes.

Anyway, McNabb is a goofball and I hope he doesn't screw up Brian Westbrook's value somehow because I have him as a keeper in my $$$ league.

Hold on now - you are correlating the wonderlic score to things like skill, leadership, and success - at least thats what it looks like. The test is just for intelligence - thats it - the ability to learn. It in no way is reflective upon how good they are at football.

You dont think for a second that there may be something behind the fact that in todays NFL, the 4 lowest scoring starting QBs on the standard IQ test are all black?

Is the wonderlic a test related to football scenario's or is it a standard IQ test? I am asking. I don't know.

If this test defines a person's ability to learn and they score that low then how can they be successfull at the QB position?

How can a starting NFL quarterback not have an ability to learn at a very high rate and still be able to succeed at the highest level at the toughest position in the game from a mental standpoint?

To me the numbers don't add up. Maybe I am just not understanding what the test is all about.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:58 pm

Hey I'm all for him getting things off his chest. But to bring racism into the matter, he is no better than Rush saying what he said. Black on black crime? WTF Dude? He's overanalyzing the fact that it was Brett Favre. Hell, if I were him I would be more pissed off if TO said they would be undefeated with a guy like Leftwich or Brooks. I don't like Favre but he is/was better than ANY black OR white QB in the league.

I do believe I conceeded the point that it was stupid right off the bat, no?

Well, the Farve thing is pretty dumb, because McNabb now and at the time is better than Farve.

Look I think the comment was totally dumb, no disputing that.

However, given the amount of time the guy bit his tongue AND got chastised for doing so, I think he can have a pass.

Every relevant QB that I can think of has said something stupid.

PS Douglas wasn't "Trashing him" He was drawing a distinction betweebn leadership types.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:58 pm

Keyser, see post previous to yours. Site with some sample questions on it.

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Keyser_WV » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:28 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:Keyser, see post previous to yours. Site with some sample questions on it.

Thanks, I checked it out.

I got 7 within the time limit. Would have had 8 but I was a little slow getting to the last question.

Ok, I didn't realize this was what the wonderlic was all about.

So what do we take from Dan Marino's test?

He doesn't have a great ability to learn based on the test.

But I think his career shows that the test is only a small indication of someone's intelligence.

Obviously as a QB you would have to learn to read defenses and increase your football IQ to become one of the greatest QB's of all time.

How does he do that if he isn't very bright according to a test?

Just think if people actually passed on him due to that score 8-o .

I guess you can take something from these tests but I know alot of guys that would have missed quite a few of those questions but are by no means dumb or learn things slower than I do.

From my experience, I always got a little nervous come test time and never really did that well on tests.

I guess my point is that a test is a barometer not an exact indication of what someone is capable of doing.

At least I know what a wonderlic test is now ;-D
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby cherrygarcia1911 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:40 pm

There was no reason to make make this racial at all to me.Even SEEING race as any bit of a factor at all about T.O.'s comments is just bizzare.Geez.I love my Eagles and I really do like McNabb as a QB and a person{as far as I know obviously}but this whole race comment that HE brought up out of left-field really dissapoints me.
McNabb just needs to learn his lesson that getting involved with anything T.O. is just a disaster.Stay away from T.O. and all T.O. related topics,rehab and don't try to get on the cover of Madden again anytime soon.
cherrygarcia1911
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk