Too Early for Rankings....Reciever Addition - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Too Early for Rankings....Reciever Addition

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Timbathia » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:07 pm

Nice list.

I actually think you could make a pretty decent case for any of the top 7 you have mentioned to be either above or below each other (maybe SSmith the exception who remains close to the top). It seems to be much more even with the WR rankings this year than in the past few seasons, where there would be a pretty good consensus.

I certainly wouldnt consider taking a WR in the first round of any league next year (not that I ever do anyway, but am even more convinced this time!).
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't put Fitzgerald second. He's probably about 4 or 5 while Boldin would be around 10 or 11. Moss is probably below Harrison at this point since we have no idea how Oakland's offense will be next year.

Looks like some are still waiting for Andre Johnson to break out...I wouldn't put him up that high unless Houston gets Ferguson, and even then top 25 is a stretch. Houston still plays in a tough division. If Houston takes Bush then he'd probably eat into Johnson's production even more.

Evans and Branch are nice choices for the top 25 I think. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:02 pm

keep the comments coming guys. This is what this thread is all about. I just wanted to sort of hear everyone elses perspectives.

It seems clear TO is going to be playing for someone next year when he is on the field he is the best reciever in the game. I think third is a little conservative.

Javon Walker should be in the top 25. its ludacrius to try and agrue against that.

Fitz is a tad high but i just really like this guy. Yes Boldin will caught into his yardage but i think this works to Fitz's advantage as well having a solid second reciever for defenses to worry about it. Yes he plays in Arizona and yes they are a horrible team but Kurt Warner and company had a very good passing attack and many games he put up 300 plus yardage. I dont see any reason to believe the Cards offense will be stunted next year.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:04 pm

terpfan wrote:Santana Moss with the likes of Roy Williams? Id put him with Ward, Jackson, and Boldin at the lowest.

Also, Id move TO below at least CJ and Holt, given the uncertainity of his situation. I think Fitz should probably be moved down similiarly, but I love the guy, so Im willingly to overlook that. ;-D

With Brunell aging im just not sure i want to use an early round pick on Moss. I would rather have a reciever that is a little more reliable. It seems as though Moss relies to much on the deep ball to get fantasy points.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:07 pm

Smith is going to fall back to Earth, big time.

He'll probably still be in the top 12 range... but first? nah...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby biju » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:11 pm

I'm going to say two names that I think will be top 25 next year, but it's going to make everyone think I'm nuts.

Koren Robinson
Brandon Lloyd

I certainly like both of them better than Drew Bennett, but I would have both at the very end of this list...for now.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dirt Bag » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:12 pm

pretty good rankings, i agree that Santana should be like one tier up, and Plax maybe moved down a few spots not much though.
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:12 pm

i could see those two cracking the top 25....i just couldnt put everyone in!! ;-)
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mattb47 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:18 pm

I like the list. There are some changes I would probably make personally though. I would have the top 5 as:

S. Smith
CJ (assuming Palmer is back for the start of the season)
Holt
TO
Fitzgerald

Then I think that Harrison belongs in front of R. Moss and I think Chambers should move up to the #11 position in front of Wayne. Other than that it looks pretty good. It gets really murky as you go down lower in the rankings.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Timbathia » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:33 pm

mattb47 wrote:I like the list. There are some changes I would probably make personally though. I would have the top 5 as:

S. Smith
CJ (assuming Palmer is back for the start of the season)
Holt
TO
Fitzgerald

Then I think that Harrison belongs in front of R. Moss and I think Chambers should move up to the #11 position in front of Wayne. Other than that it looks pretty good. It gets really murky as you go down lower in the rankings.

I actually like this top 5, but I wouldnt be suprised to see RMoss in the top 3 at the end of the season. I think that whatever happens to the Raiders offense, they will figure out a good way to get him the ball.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk