Too Early for Rankings....Reciever Addition - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Too Early for Rankings....Reciever Addition

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mattb47 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:37 pm

Timbathia wrote:
mattb47 wrote:I like the list. There are some changes I would probably make personally though. I would have the top 5 as:

S. Smith
CJ (assuming Palmer is back for the start of the season)
Holt
TO
Fitzgerald

Then I think that Harrison belongs in front of R. Moss and I think Chambers should move up to the #11 position in front of Wayne. Other than that it looks pretty good. It gets really murky as you go down lower in the rankings.

I actually like this top 5, but I wouldnt be suprised to see RMoss in the top 3 at the end of the season. I think that whatever happens to the Raiders offense, they will figure out a good way to get him the ball.

Yea....Randy Moss is tough to pinpoint for next year because of the QB troubles in OAK. If they decide to put their hope in Collins again I don't expect him to break the top 3 simply because Moss will have his down games because of Collins erratic play while the other candidates are generally very consistent.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:57 am

Nice list. The thing with WRs is there are many variables go into a their production.
For example, Roy doesn't belong in the top 25 if the Lions O isn't restructured. But if Martz can un-mudd the O Roy could bust into the top 15. Same with Lloyd, Stallworth, and others.
For that reason I would move Housh and Branch well above the risky Horn, Mason and AJ. At least they are in Os that are productive through the air.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:39 pm

I'm glad to see that someone else has Santana Moss outside their top10. Somebody learned their lesson in 2004..
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Goatwhacker » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:32 pm

Boy, I didn't realize how muddled picking WR's is going to be until I looked at your rankings. Probably half the list could be categorized as gambles to some extent.

SSmith - was this past year his career year or can he keep it up?
Fitzgerald, Boldin - QB questions (yeah I know they both did OK even with mediocre QB's but still)
TO - obvious gamble
Chad Johnson, Holt, Wayne - probably solid
Harrison - going into his 11th season, probably still solid
Randy Moss - QB questions, nagged by injuries, declining production
Javon - coming off serious injury
Ward - good solid WR, probably not capable of top tier though.
Galloway, Santana - career underachievers coming off good years
Roy Williams - I would not draft any Lions receiver unless they get a new QB.
Horn - injured much of year, QB questions

etc, etc, etc
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Philly Pride » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:49 pm

Santana's going to be boom or bust...he's probably around 8-10.

Torry Holt needs to be in the top 3, period. Bulger as a full-season QB trumps would trump what he did this year by a few TDs and lots of yards. Bulger's not some crappy one-game wonder rookie from Harvard.

Drew Bennett's pretty high, considering that he hasn't even played a full season as the #1 wideout yet. It should be interesting to see what happens if be and Billy Volek can be reunited.

The only guy I might consider throwing in here is Eddie Kennison. He's really underrated in my opinion and Trent Green is no slouch at QB. Larry Johnson won't be able to do everything for a full season, ya know...
Philly Pride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:18 pm

Philly Pride wrote:Santana's going to be boom or bust...he's probably around 8-10.

Torry Holt needs to be in the top 3, period. Bulger as a full-season QB trumps would trump what he did this year by a few TDs and lots of yards. Bulger's not some crappy one-game wonder rookie from Harvard.

Drew Bennett's pretty high, considering that he hasn't even played a full season as the #1 wideout yet. It should be interesting to see what happens if be and Billy Volek can be reunited.

The only guy I might consider throwing in here is Eddie Kennison. He's really underrated in my opinion and Trent Green is no slouch at QB. Larry Johnson won't be able to do everything for a full season, ya know...

in my estimation Santana will be a bust for where people are going to draft him next year.

Yes if Bulger is healthy and they have a similar pass first system Holt is top 3 but why would you think that Bulger wont miss games next year as well? the last 2 years bulger has missed 10 games.

yes Bennett is a little high. I just see him having a big year this year.

Eddie Kennison? isnt he like 80 years old or something??? :-b
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:24 pm

I think Fitz and Boldin can basically be considered interchangable, though I would give a slight edge to Fitz. Having said this, I think they get put about the 5-6 range. I would take Chad over any WR next year, we don't know who is throwing to TO next year (I know you already stated it's an EARLY list), Holt and Harrison are always solid, Moss is a gamble and will likely be picked up by anyone, except the guy who had him last year and Steve Smith...he can frustrate you with those 200 yard games followed by those 8 yard games. If you can handle that (I think I can) I would put him at #2.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Philly Pride » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:27 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
Philly Pride wrote:Santana's going to be boom or bust...he's probably around 8-10.

in my estimation Santana will be a bust for where people are going to draft him next year.

Yes if Bulger is healthy and they have a similar pass first system Holt is top 3 but why would you think that Bulger wont miss games next year as well? the last 2 years bulger has missed 10 games.

yes Bennett is a little high. I just see him having a big year this year.

Eddie Kennison? isnt he like 80 years old or something??? :-b

Eddie's actually only 50 ;-D
Philly Pride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:28 pm

The reason i have Fitz so high is his consistency. The last half of the season he was rock solid. He put up 100 and a TD almost every week. You just cant ignore that in my opinion.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:32 pm

Jimmy Smith is absent from the list. Given the current information, I'm a lot more inclined to take a shot on him than Roy Williams, Andre Johnson, Drew Bennett, etc.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk