Top 10 NFL Teams Ever - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top 10 NFL Teams Ever

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:46 pm

I remeber looking back at film of the Steeler dynasty and thinking that the Steeler team that beat the Rams was the weakest of thier SB winners. The D was getting old and was vulnerable and beating the Rams was no big accomplishment.

And no mention of the first SuperBowl winner doesn't seem right. Werent' the Lombardi led Packers the bestest team in all the land? So dominant were they that they named the SB trophy after their coach. Guess that pre-media explosion means it didn't count.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:00 pm

Which team went undefeated again? Oh yeah, the team that should be #1....STOOOPID list.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:11 pm

Rams are too high (if they should be there at all) and I would think the Patriots should be somewhere on this list. I think the '72 Dolphins probably deserve the #2 spot, but I love seeing my niners there...
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:57 pm

maddog60 wrote:I'm surprised none of the Pats teams were there.

I'm not surprised at that. None of the 3 Pats teams were dominant. They eked out 3 Super Bowls by 3 points each.

Just using the 10 teams that they mentioned, I would change the list a bit.

1. 89 49ers
2. 85 Bears
3. 79 Steelers
4. 71 Cowboys
5. 72 Dolphins
6. 86 Giants
7. 91 Redskins
8. 98 Broncos
9. 99 Rams
10. 96 Packers
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Azrael » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:29 pm

IMO, if you are the only undefeated champion EVER, you are automatically No. 1 until there becomes another undefeated champion.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:38 pm

Azrael wrote:IMO, if you are the only undefeated champion EVER, you are automatically No. 1 until there becomes another undefeated champion.

Sorry, but I have seen all these teams play. The 1971 Dolphins were the best team in 1971. The 89 49ers was definitely a better team overall. It's not just looking at a teams accomplishments for 1 year. It's looking at each team as a whole and judging which team is better. The Dolphins weren't even the team of the decade (70's). That distinction belongs to the Steelers.

Don't just look at what the Dolphins did in 1971. Go down the rosters and compare each player at each position. The 1971 Dolphins would get killed by the 1989 49ers if you compare the teams that way.

If you go down the rosters and compare each player at each position, the 1971 Dolphins might not even be in the top 10. They are in there only because they went undefeated. If they happened to lose one game that year, they wouldn't even be in the conversation.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:50 pm

Azrael wrote:IMO, if you are the only undefeated champion EVER, you are automatically No. 1 until there becomes another undefeated champion.

Why? It was a bit easier back then, and the 72 Dolphins preyed on a really weak schedule. (They flashed the stat during the Colts run, the opposing win % of their schedule was like .350%) The 85 Bears were the closest to going undefeated since them, and were probably a more dominant team, offense and defense. And they obliterated their opponent in the Super Bowl.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:00 am

34=Sweetness wrote:

Why? It was a bit easier back then, and the 72 Dolphins preyed on a really weak schedule. (They flashed the stat during the Colts run, the opposing win % of their schedule was like .350%) The 85 Bears were the closest to going undefeated since them, and were probably a more dominant team, offense and defense. And they obliterated their opponent in the Super Bowl.

Just another reason why you can't just say "they're #1 because noone else went undefeated".
flotsamnjetsam

Postby Wenchtamer » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:23 am

Dit-ka
Wenchtamer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicCafe Musketeer

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:36 am

Wenchtamer wrote:Dit-ka

egomaniac
flotsamnjetsam

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk