"Peyton doesn't understand" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

"Peyton doesn't understand"

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:41 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:
bagobonez wrote:I see nothing wrong with his comments. He's right, even Stevie Wonder could have seen that there was protection problems. The poor bastard. I hate to see him lose when it's not his fault.

Absolutely his fault...and others but his team had overcome all the problems of the game. They were in a position to win the game. And instead of handing the ball off to edge and getting thos emuch needed yards he insteqade heaved several throws into the end zone trying to be the hero. I don't blame this on Vandy (kick should have been closer though). 46 yards is NOT a gimme FG. He hands the Ball off to Edge, gains more yardage, hopefully gains alot more yardage, But get that first down!!! And then after gaining about 10 yards (with Edge or through the air) go for those bombs... Vandy makes a 36 yarder in that situation. Tony has to take some control away from Manning next year.

I do agree with you about his comments being ok. He maybe should apologize to the team. But his comments weren't directed at anyone. Protection comes from alot of people.

missing the point, bago.

Even if it wasn't his fault at all... to call out your o-line like that? BS.

I played o-line through Pop and High School (not do much in HS... switch to receiver of all places), and if my QB ever said that crap to me, I'd let the next pass rush go by. It's BS.

Especially if your Peyton Manning. One of the reason's Peyton is so good is because of his protection. Great, so one of the most proliferate pass-rushing teams actually gets to you one game, and you lambast them to the media? Cold.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:48 pm

I know it sounded like Peyton was calling out his O-Line, but he wasn't. He was saying that as a team, they had problems with pass protection. Duh. If anything, I think he was blaming himself more than anyone else. He's the one who's responsible for calling out the pass protections.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:49 pm

I'm so sick of all these over-sensitive people blowing everything totally out of proportion. I mean seriously, they clearly had protection problems and all he did was say they had protection problems, what's the big deal?

I don't think the 300lb. guys getting paid millions of bucks to play the line got their poor little feelings hurt. Hell, they probably went back into the locker room and their coach told them the same thing, only with several expletives inserted in the middle.

I don't know if people are bored nowadays or just tight-wads, but this "well he kind of said something that might maybe mean this and make him out to be kind of a bad guy" nonsense is just ridiculous.

I bet I could walk around with any of you for an hour and find 3 things you say more offensive than what was said here to whoever the comment was directed at here (that could be the line, that could be Edge, that could be a coach for putting together mismatches on the line for those who decided to be a smart@$$).
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:53 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:I played o-line through Pop and High School (not do much in HS... switch to receiver of all places), and if my QB ever said that crap to me, I'd let the next pass rush go by. It's BS.

And after saying something like that you think you're a better person here than Manning? Lmao.

I don't know what kind of prissy "everybody make sure you don't hurt anyone's feelings" school you played at, but in my experience whenever I did something to screw up the game I damn well knew it and while people of course gave out there "it's ok man it's not your fault" lines I knew that they were exactly that....lines, and I was always damn sure ready to hear about it for real from people, which I damn sure did, and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

This is football people. We're not talking about pre-pubescent girls trying to find a date to the school dance here where people are going to get their feelings hurt and cry about it. FFS, be a man people.

We can all go around telling everyone that "it's ok," and "don't worry about it you're a good boy," nothing is ever going to get done. If you're dragging @$$ at work your supervisor is going to tell you to get your act together, not pat you on the back and tell you to keep up the good work at the risk of hurting your poor little feelings.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:58 pm

100% agree with everything Bagel said. ;-D
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jh2031 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:22 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:I played o-line through Pop and High School (not do much in HS... switch to receiver of all places), and if my QB ever said that crap to me, I'd let the next pass rush go by. It's BS.

And after saying something like that you think you're a better person here than Manning? Lmao.

I don't know what kind of prissy "everybody make sure you don't hurt anyone's feelings" school you played at, but in my experience whenever I did something to screw up the game I damn well knew it and while people of course gave out there "it's ok man it's not your fault" lines I knew that they were exactly that....lines, and I was always damn sure ready to hear about it for real from people, which I damn sure did, and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

This is football people. We're not talking about pre-pubescent girls trying to find a date to the school dance here where people are going to get their feelings hurt and cry about it. FFS, be a man people.

We can all go around telling everyone that "it's ok," and "don't worry about it you're a good boy," nothing is ever going to get done. If you're dragging @$$ at work your supervisor is going to tell you to get your act together, not pat you on the back and tell you to keep up the good work at the risk of hurting your poor little feelings.

Well said, I was going to make a post but you took the words right out of my mouth.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:33 pm

Free Bagel wrote:

dude, it's not about "feelings." And I guarantee you I'm not a "prissy boy." (and I definitely have never said I'm a better person than Manning, or furthermore a good person)

But a QB insulting his linemen is like the President pissing off the Sevret Service. It's not a good idea to f*** with the people that watch your back. O-line is a strange beast... its a cooperative group, and if something messes up the vibe, its hard to get everyone on the same page.

And even besides that ... when people may or may not have gotten in your ear after making a bad play, I'm guessing it was your coach yelling at you in front of your teammates, and not announcing it at a town meeting, or whatever. And even if your coach did that, fine, he's the coach.

But who the HELL does Peyton Manning think he is? He's not a coach... he's a player. When you're a player, everyone is on the same page... I don't care how much money your making. If Peyton threw behind Detroit's o-line, you'd never hear his name after Tennessee except for satirical rants on Sportscenter.

So basically, if Dungy had come on and said "Our pass protection was atrocious, and every o-lineman we have is among the worst pieces of crap in the league," I wouldn't give a damn. He's a coach. That's his job.

Peyton's a QB. A player. Players do their jobs. And even if the rush was heavy, I didn't see him throwing picks. 5 sacks, yeah, but no picks, decent accuracy.. quit whining. Defenses are supposed to be tough, they're supposed to bring the heat. It's the playoffs, Peyton, not preseason.

All-in-all, Peyton's comments were inappropriate. Bar nothing, Bagel.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:08 pm

I didn't like the comments, but its not that big of a deal. What I am wondering is why is Peyton still talking about it? Why bring it up again? Pretty dumb if you ask me.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:44 pm

Free Bagel wrote:

Well put. It's like, my favorite coach in high school, he was the first guy to congratulate you when you made a big play, but he wouldn't hesitate to tell you shape up or ride the bench if you started slacking off. Nothing wrong with a little brutal honesty.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:32 pm

my opinion on this matter....

Peyton manning is a jackass. Manning played for what was at one point during the season the best team of all time. They played very hard all year and fell short. Yes you want your leaders to stand up and motivate the players. That happens DURING the game. AFTER the game it should also be the leader to accept a defeat and move on. That game cant be changed, so what good is it doing whinning about it. Your team LOST admit it and move on. Not to move from the point, but you did not see one single players bad mouth manning the past couple years when he played like college qb. Manning is one of the most selfish players in the league, but gets glorified all the time. People bad mouthed TO for saying farve was a better qb than mcnabb, but nothing is said when manning says his line played like garbage.

The point, a true leader steps up when his team needs it. Being in a win or a loss. Manning is the type of player i always hated playing with.
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk