Who will the Vikes take? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Minnesota Vikings

Who will the Vikes take?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who will the Vikes take?

Postby Dirt Bag » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:20 pm

Who do YOU think they should or will take?

I'm thinking either DeAngelo Williams or Lendale White, whichever is available.
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WickedSmaat » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:01 am

I don't think D'Angelo may fall that far and if they had the chance they would probably take White. But I wouldn't mind seeing Maroney still running around the dome.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Miked_Up » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:20 pm

I hope DeAngelo Williams or Chad Greenyway falls to the Vikings. I hope.
Miked_Up
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Gryphons » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:13 am

I'm in a holding pattern in predicting who they are going to pick, until Childress has a month or so evaluating the current team. After that, be sure and pay attention to the little things he'll say to the press, which will give a hint to whom we're going to pick. I agree that RB is a position of concern.
Gryphons
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby vikingsfan11 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:35 pm

i dont want deangleo i hope we really dont get him..the guys to small and injury-prone(reminds me of bennett a little) lendale doesnt fit into the west coast offense and laurance hands are suspects...in other words no first round rb please....i would love an OLB but it might be a little early for Sims or Greenway IMO, Leber isN'T the answer, dont know what we say in the guy...
vikingsfan11
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby siddaddy84 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:27 am

Vikes are going to trade their 1 and 2 2nd round picks and trade up to Saints for matt Leinert
El Sid
siddaddy84
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:46 am

siddaddy84 wrote:Vikes are going to trade their 1 and 2 2nd round picks and trade up to Saints for matt Leinert

I certainly wouldn't have a problem with that. We already have a second second round pick, and the Saints now have their QB. B-)
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby siddaddy84 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:58 pm

Actually I doubt this could happen but wow, I think it would be worth it! I also think the Vikes would have to give up both 2nd round picks along with the # 1 to move up to the 2nd pick. But hey what do I know lol? I do know it is tough being a Vikings fan in NJ though. Giant fans are brutal!
El Sid
siddaddy84
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Bottled Aggression » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:53 pm

siddaddy84 wrote:Vikes are going to trade their 1 and 2 2nd round picks and trade up to Saints for matt Leinert

But, think about it this way...

If the Vikes had the 2nd pick in the draft, how would you feel if they traded down to 17th and got two 2nd round picks also?

True, they do not need a RB or QB now. But I think they could get more value for that pick.

I wouldn't trade down past pick 9 or 10 if I were the Saints, so they could still get value/more picks and take a WR or TE (Davis??).
Bottled Aggression
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby siddaddy84 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:08 pm

Bottled Aggression wrote:

But, think about it this way...

If the Vikes had the 2nd pick in the draft, how would you feel if they traded down to 17th and got two 2nd round picks also?

True, they do not need a RB or QB now. But I think they could get more value for that pick.

I wouldn't trade down past pick 9 or 10 if I were the Saints, so they could still get value/more picks and take a WR or TE (Davis??).

Bottled
Your points are well taken and I concede. If the Vikes traded away a 2 for a 17 i would have a cow lol.
El Sid
siddaddy84
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Minnesota Vikings