Edge Thinks He Is Done In Indy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Edge Thinks He Is Done In Indy

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:15 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:ill say one thing: this will make peyton manning much more valuable this year fantasywise. the colts may not go searching for a top flight free agent or a first round draft pick to replace james. they think that peyton will be enough.

Depends on your perspective. Manning relies heavily on the play action. If there's no backfield threat to compliment Manning and his play action, he could be in for a rough year.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:18 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:ill say one thing: this will make peyton manning much more valuable this year fantasywise. the colts may not go searching for a top flight free agent or a first round draft pick to replace james. they think that peyton will be enough.

Depends on your perspective. Manning relies heavily on the play action. If there's no backfield threat to compliment Manning and his play action, he could be in for a rough year.

sorry, i should clarify. the colts think that manning is enough, but will find out how much edge really meant to them.

think back to the divisional game: the colts were down 14-0 i believe and inside their own 5. they started handing it to james, he got a lot of sold yards, making the steelers go back to a base defense and opening up the pass.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby mattb47 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:58 pm

I don't doubt for a second though that if they let Edge go, they will go out and get themselves someone who can be a threat back there. They absolutely have to or teams can do what Pittsburgh did to them and just blitz them to death. I think they go after either a rookie or a cheaper FA candidate to fill in for Edge.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:58 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:

To boot, Edge is one of the better blockers in the league when it comes to picking up the blitz. I would expect if they lose him, Manning will probably end up on his backside quite a few more times in the coming year. We all saw how well Manning passes from his butt against the Steelers in the playoffs.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:28 pm

I disagree. Manning should see his INTs go up as he gets frustrated with the lack of a running game and starts gunslinging. Teams aren't gonna respect the playaction without a stud RB in the backfield. I have him as my #1 QB, but I wouldn't be surprised if his INTs creep up near his TD totals.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby mattb47 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:43 pm

Kensat30 wrote:

I disagree. Manning should see his INTs go up as he gets frustrated with the lack of a running game and starts gunslinging. Teams aren't gonna respect the playaction without a stud RB in the backfield. I have him as my #1 QB, but I wouldn't be surprised if his INTs creep up near his TD totals.

I agree with this if the Colts don't get a threat in the backfield. But I think that after losing Edge, this will be a priority for them because it is vital to their offense. They won't be able to afford anyone who is a real stud but a guy like Ahman could easily land there I think.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Lushcrush » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:27 pm

I heard some talk today about Edge ending up in Jax.
I like the fit.
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mysticphysh » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:30 pm

I wouldn't mind Edge in Pittsburgh, and dump the sweatsuit on the sidelines (staley). Probably won't happen. They'll probably stick with Fast Willie and hopefully, Staley will stay healthy enough to back him up.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MadScott » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:13 am

Lushcrush wrote:I heard some talk today about Edge ending up in Jax.
I like the fit.
Those same rumblings were happening last year as well as a possibility of SA. I think Edge in JAX would be a huge dagger to the Colts.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:22 am

MadScott wrote:
Lushcrush wrote:I heard some talk today about Edge ending up in Jax.
I like the fit.
Those same rumblings were happening last year as well as a possibility of SA. I think Edge in JAX would be a huge dagger to the Colts.

Ugh, great. We'll just watch the best running back in Colts history end up going to our division rival. Honestly, Edge in Jacksonville would do wonders for that offense now that they have some receiving talent and Leftwich at the helm. Scary. 8-o
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk