Deuces Wild - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Deuces Wild

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:30 pm

louisianacajunsam wrote:you kiddin? 10 team league...so alexander is a projected #1 or #2 pick overall, mcgahee will prolly go in the 2nd, gates prolly in the third, and harrison most likely in the fourth (maybe third but prob not)....so i wouldnt consider that kindergartners..id just have to be lucky to get one of the top few picks to get alexander

SO you think Willis will fall that low? I mean Alexander will likely be a top 3 pick... If he stays in Seattle, he could easily be the #1 overall pick... In a 10 teamer, that means Willis has to fall to #18-20 to pick them both up....

And Marvin Harrison has to fall to somewhere near #40 overall for you to pick up Alexander in the first and Harrison in the 4th...

I just don't see it happening... If you pull Alexander, you're likely looking at one of the Jones boys as your #2 back, and if you then take Gates in the 3rd, you can count on the following WR's being long gone by the time you pick in the 4th:

S. Smith
L. Fitzgerald
C. Johnson
T. Holt
M. Harrison
T. Owens
S. Moss
R. Moss

Fielding a team like Alexander, Willis, Gates, Harrison, and Deuce would be next to impossible via a decent draft....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby louisianacajunsam » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:11 pm

ok ok ok. i'll give in. it will be very difficult to get those players in that order in the draft. hopefully this one is over.
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:20 pm

I'm scared of a RB coming off an ACL injury the following year.. Not to mention his team is likely starting a rookie QB coming down the stretch. 2007 may be Deuce's year, but I would be wary of him in 2006. I would rather have Ruben Droughns over McAllister. Middle round material.. If I like what I see during preseason (unlikely he plays much) then it's possible he moves into the 3rd round for me, very doubtful though.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk