My 2 defining stats for the Super Bowl - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My 2 defining stats for the Super Bowl

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Azrael » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:36 am

biju wrote:How about this stat:

Pittsburgh's home record against teams with winning records is 1-3. (lost to Cincinnati, Jacksonville, and New England; beat Chicago)

We're not playing at home. That's the whole point of the stat.

biju wrote:The opponents regular season record is actually 126-130 (.492) for the Steelers and 110-146 (.429) for the Seahawks. Your numbers included the playoffs.

My stat is correct. You read it wrong. I didn't say it was their "regular season opponents regular season record". I said it was their "opponents regular season record".
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby biju » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:55 am

Azrael wrote:
biju wrote:How about this stat:

Pittsburgh's home record against teams with winning records is 1-3. (lost to Cincinnati, Jacksonville, and New England; beat Chicago)

We're not playing at home. That's the whole point of the stat.

Do you really consider this game an "away" game? Didn't I just hear everyone say this was going to be considered a home game due to the proximity of Pittsburgh to Detroit?

How about this: as far as how many Steelers fans are going to be there compared to the rest of the crowd it's going to be like a home game.

Azrael wrote:
biju wrote:The opponents regular season record is actually 126-130 (.492) for the Steelers and 110-146 (.429) for the Seahawks. Your numbers included the playoffs.

My stat is correct. You read it wrong. I didn't say it was their "regular season opponents regular season record". I said it was their "opponents regular season record".

Ok, but that's artificially creating distance between the two teams since you've played 3 playoff games as opposed to our two. Yeah I read it wrong but you're not comparing the same thing since the Steelers played more game.

Who cares really. The truth is one of us is going to be able to come back here in 24 hours and say "I told you so." Until then I don't care what silly statistic you think is going to determine the game.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby WickedSmaat » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:10 am

Have you factored in that this is indoors and on turf?
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Payne Dailey » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:40 am

My 2 defining stats for the Super Bowl

The first whistle and the last whistle.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Vikes Rule 88 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:39 pm

biju wrote:
Do you really consider this game an "away" game? Didn't I just hear everyone say this was going to be considered a home game due to the proximity of Pittsburgh to Detroit?

How about this: as far as how many Steelers fans are going to be there compared to the rest of the crowd it's going to be like a home game.

Actually, I heard this morning on the radio, that barely any tickets go to fans from wherever.

http://www.sbxl.org/faq/ wrote:4. How do I get tickets to Super Bowl XL?

a. The NFL distributes approximately 1% of the tickets to fans through an annual Super Bowl random drawing. The drawing is not considered a lottery (there is no charge to enter). This is the NFL's only method of distributing tickets to the general public. The deadline for entry has passed; it was June 1, 2005.

More information:

Requests for the random drawing are accepted between February 1st and June 1st of each year, preceding the game. For Super Bowl XL the drawing will be in 2005. The drawing is held in October. There are no complimentary tickets available.

Specifics on ticket breakdown:

* The two participating teams each get 17.5% of the allotment
* Each of the 29 remaining teams receive 1.2% of the allotment (or 35% of the total)
* The NFL uses 25% for corporate sponsors, charity and other league related needs
* The Host Team (the Detroit Lions) receive about 5% of the allotment

need a sig? PM me
Vikes Rule 88 Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby fantasizing » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:50 pm

Whoever wins the battle at the line of scrimmage will win this game.

Pittsburgh defensive front against Seattle's offensive line. Whoever's fat guys out muscle the other fat guys will determine the victor of this game today.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk