Most enduring superbowl moment for you. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Most enduring superbowl moment for you.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Lushcrush » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:28 pm

Namath to Maynard ... Snell and Boozer up the middle again and again and again.
Jets win ... ;-D
Anita Bryant sang the national anthem ... what a babe ;-D
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jayday » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:29 pm

2 Images...

Dyson at the 1
and
Elway's helicopter
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby merc » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:59 pm

For me personally, it was:
- Dyson since that's the closest that the Oilers ever came to winning a SB.
- Either the first or last Rodney Harrison INT from last year's SB which ended the Eagles best chance for a SB win in probably my lifetime. ;-)
- And finally, a good memory, kinda... when Garo Yepremiam tried passing the ball after a muffed field goal attempt and threw an interception for a TD... which thankfully, resulted in the only TD for the opposition Washington and sucessfully allowing merc's Miami Dolphins to complete the only perfect season ever in the NFL. :-D
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig

[i]2006 Cafe TSN Ultimate Salary Cap Playoff Champion[/i]
merc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby gogogadget » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:43 pm

When the falcons won it all ;-7
"When I know nothing, the possibilities are endless."
gogogadget
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:44 pm

Dan Bunz...SB XVI (and I believe it was Hacksaw that had his hands in the air after the 4th down stop)
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby saundman2000 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:06 pm

What I will remember is that immediately after I told my buddies that the Steelers were due for a reverse or a flea flicker because they do it every game, they reversed Hines Ward for 18 yards and a key first down.

Later on the HB pass that Randel El threw was a beautiful backyard play. That's what football is all about and why its fun to watch.

To sum it up I think the Steelers had uncanny timing for calling their "gadget" plays. This more than anything else was the winning factor in the SuperBowl. Cowher and his coaching staff deserve a lot of credit.

*Edit - I guess this thread is about all time.... oh well. this is what I'll remember from this year's
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mikey » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:36 pm

I have to go back to the 4th quarter of Super Bowl XVII. Down 17-13 and facing a fourth-and-one on the Miami 43, Joe Theismann (yes, you young guys, he was once a player) handed off to John Riggins, who proceeded to take the handoff, break a tackle, and rumble all the way for a touchdown to give Washington its first lead of the game. The Redskins went on to win 27-17.

Of course, other images that come to mind are from Super Bowl XVIII: Jeff Bostic sailing a snap over the head of 'Skins punter Jeff Hayes, Jack Squirek's INT for a TD to end the first half (the last screen pass Gibbs called during his first stint in DC), and of course, Marcus Allen's 74-yard cut back run that dashed a young boy's dreams of back-to-back titles for his hometown team.

But as you can tell, I'm over it. :~(
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: Most enduring superbowl moment for you.

Postby Slingblade » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:47 pm

UTLonghorns wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:Now that I'm over myself... Sorry Mods... :-]

What superbowl moment is flashed in your mind when you think about the superbowl? Seeing as how I'm only 30, I don't remember the Steeler SBs of the 70s, so suprisingly, it's not a steeler moment for me.

The picture that comes to mind when I think about the SB is Kevin Dyson stretching out at the one yard line in SB XXXIV. That was a heartripping moment...that close to tying the game and forcing an overtime. I'm not a Titans fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I was routing for them against the Rams (keeping it in the AFC).

Just had to post that picture, eh?

Good God, I think I might cry. :~(

AHHHHHHHHHH, the PICTURE!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna go cry. lol
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:15 am

The Great Gambini wrote:
Guttpuppy wrote:
The Great Gambini wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:Dyson's catch 1 yard short was exciting, but it wasn't to win the game.

Norwood's kick literally won or lost the game for the Bill's. That's by far the most exciting Super Bowl moment I've ever seen.

How can you say that Dyson's wasn't to win the game? That was the last play, as was Norwood's...please explain your logic here.

That TD would have only tied the game... unless they went for 2.

Still ended the game, as did Norwood's.

The difference is that Norwoods kick ended the game either way. Norwood makes the kick, Buffalo wins Super Bowl 25. Norwood misses the kick and the Giants win Super Bowl 25. That one play ended the game and also decided the winner and loser of the game.

The Dyson play only ended the game because he didn't score. If he scored the game wouldn't have been over. The game would have went into OT unless Tennessee decided to go for 2. If they did decide to go for 2 then that play would have been just like the Norwood play in that the 2 point conversion would have decided the game.

That's the difference. Norwoods play decided the winner and the loser. Dysons play decided the winner, but if he scored noone knows what would have happened after that. If he scored, there was more football to play. Norwoods kick was the very last possible play of the game with no chance of OT.

PS: I'm not saying that the Dyson play wasn't memorable. It would be top 3 in my list. It's just that the Norwood play was to win the game. The Dyson play was to force OT.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Homeless » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:13 am

I'll remember the Dyson play forever, but for sheer audacity I'm going to go with the Randel El to Hines Ward trick play!

One for all time. ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk