Super XLeftovers. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Super XLeftovers.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Super XLeftovers.

Postby SniperShot » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:46 pm

Ok time for my superbowl post I'd like to share a couple of stats and some interesting thoughts about XL.

Don't know if it's been talked about yet but 350,000,000 gallons of water are expected to be flushed down toilets in the USA alone during the Super Bowls 30 minute halftime.

Cheapest ticket for super bowl XL went for $600 and thats for the crappiest seat in the house folks.

100 million Americans or so expected to tune into the big game thats more than 1 in 3 people.

Papa Johns pizza is doing a "Go Deep Challenge" sign up at http://papajohns.eprize.net/godeep85/index.tbapp?affiliate_id=1b and if the super bowl record of 85 yard passing TD is broken you win a free pizza. Plus if your a Papa Johns guy you can get some other free stuff just for signing up.

Jerome Bettis' high school is located 7 miles from Ford Field.

Economic upward from the super bowl is a net gain of 300 million dollars for the USA, from that extra pack of wings you buy to the most expensive super bowl ticket.

A stat I'm surprised I haven't heard more of in the paper or online is a 6th seeded team has never won the superbowl and now the 6th seeded AFC team is the favorite by 4 points. Surprised that hasn't been played up more, maybe it has and I just somehow missed it. I know we have all heard it from time to time but it seems to not be a front runner in Super Bowl hype.

If anyone would like to add any Super leftovers in this eve of the big game go right ahead. Or comment on my flawed stats (hopefully there are none!) Got some of this info from this weekends USA Today, got some of it online, some of it from friends. Feel free to add or comment! We have no get pumped threads and it's time for one! Who is ready for XL?!!!!!! ;-D
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:06 am

Interesting facts, nice post ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby UTLonghorns » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:31 am

Smoothes Chin* Intresting
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

Postby Miked_Up » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:15 pm

Did somebody say free pizza?... 8-o
Miked_Up
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SniperShot » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:53 pm

Miked_Up wrote:Did somebody say free pizza?... 8-o
Haha it can't hurt to sign up... Gives you one more thing to root for come gametime. Only have a few hours left now! It's almost time for XL... Amazing. Seemed like just the other day I was watching Oakland New England open the season.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:21 pm

two interesting offsetting facts favoring the seahawks and steelers respectively:

the nfc is 6-0 when the super bowl is broadcast on ABC

and

first time super bowl teams are 5-8

i got this somewhere on this site, and if you see this, feel free to yell at me.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby SniperShot » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:24 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:two interesting offsetting facts favoring the seahawks and steelers respectively:

the nfc is 6-0 when the super bowl is broadcast on ABC

and

first time super bowl teams are 5-8

i got this somewhere on this site, and if you see this, feel free to yell at me.
That interesting! I sure think the Seahawks will win tonight.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Super XLeftovers.

Postby dream_017 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:21 am

SniperShot wrote:
A stat I'm surprised I haven't heard more of in the paper or online is a 6th seeded team has never won the superbowl and now the 6th seeded AFC team is the favorite by 4 points. Surprised that hasn't been played up more, maybe it has and I just somehow missed it. I know we have all heard it from time to time but it seems to not be a front runner in Super Bowl hype.

I think I heard that they beat the 1, 2 and 3 seeds to advance to the Super Bowl too. No team has ever done that. ;-) :-b
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby SniperShot » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:37 am

Yeah and now that record is: number 1, 2, 3 seeds in the AFC. number 1 seed in the NFC. Pretty amazing. The Steelers are a great team when it comes to crunch time totally unlike the Colts.

Hope you enjoyed my Leftovers thread! I got 107 views so it couldn't have been that boring... too bad we didn't win a free pizza. Did see a couple of new records though, A WR making a pass for the TD. Longest rushing TD of Superbowl history (Dangit PapaJohns why not do a "Go long rushing challenge?!") and another record forgot what it was.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Football Talk