Leonard Pope Sig (Help?) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Leonard Pope Sig (Help?)

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:58 pm

washamur wrote:
disgruntledjetsfan wrote:yea the new one is still very very cool, wtg wash....are you hoping the panthers pick pope?


Absolutely -- we need someone to pull the attention away from Smith, and he can certainly do it. Plus, lord knows he's got better hands than Mangum! ;)

-thanks everyone


don't mean to make this thread about the draft, but you'd prefer him to Marcedes Lewis?
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 6358
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fighting in the shade...

Postby washamur » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:02 pm

Oh hell no ... but I'm banking on the fact that the Bears will end up grabbing him. In some ways Lewis and Pope are similiar ... Lewis with a small edge.

So if he's gone ... Pope it is. ;) If not ... you'll hear me yelling in glee all the way across the states. :-D
Image
QB-BigBen Delhomme Edwards Quinn
RB-LJ Gore DMAC CJohnson Slaton
WR-Driver Chambers Bowe Brown
TE-Gates
K-Prater
5-IDP's
washamur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 676
Joined: 28 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: West Texas

Postby jayday » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:19 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:
washamur wrote:
disgruntledjetsfan wrote:yea the new one is still very very cool, wtg wash....are you hoping the panthers pick pope?


Absolutely -- we need someone to pull the attention away from Smith, and he can certainly do it. Plus, lord knows he's got better hands than Mangum! ;)

-thanks everyone


don't mean to make this thread about the draft, but you'd prefer him to Marcedes Lewis?

Yes, I have Pope rated a lot higher than Lewis....but I'm gauging my rankings to who would fit ...Cincy better....Pope can block really well, and can be a good receiving threat in the red zone...Lewis can't block, I don't want him...

That being said, Darnell Bing is the pick for Cincy...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5459
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 14 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:03 pm

jayday wrote:
disgruntledjetsfan wrote:
washamur wrote:
disgruntledjetsfan wrote:yea the new one is still very very cool, wtg wash....are you hoping the panthers pick pope?


Absolutely -- we need someone to pull the attention away from Smith, and he can certainly do it. Plus, lord knows he's got better hands than Mangum! ;)

-thanks everyone


don't mean to make this thread about the draft, but you'd prefer him to Marcedes Lewis?

Yes, I have Pope rated a lot higher than Lewis....but I'm gauging my rankings to who would fit ...Cincy better....Pope can block really well, and can be a good receiving threat in the red zone...Lewis can't block, I don't want him...

That being said, Darnell Bing is the pick for Cincy...



I have to agree there, I think it would be rather stupid for Cincy to go offense, considering how badly they need to improve that defense.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 6358
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fighting in the shade...

Postby Corey Amaral » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:21 pm

didnt they have the most picks on defense?
Image
Corey Amaral
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 120
Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Boston, MA

Postby Crimedogg32 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:25 pm

Corey Amaral wrote:didnt they have the most picks on defense?


15 against the NFC North...

being a good defense and INTs are totally different
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 3974
Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Minnesota

Postby Corey Amaral » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:39 pm

id say ud havta b pretty good to do it...easy schedule or not
Image
Corey Amaral
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 120
Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Boston, MA

Postby Steve_L » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:59 pm

Corey Amaral wrote:id say ud havta b pretty good to do it...easy schedule or not

Yea, but what matters is points, and even with that dominating defense they were ranked 22nd in points allowed and 28th in yards per game. I think if they want to be a superbowl threat next year, they will need to do more than just draft a player, probably sign a good FA on defense too.
Image
Steve_L
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 824
Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Your Hero » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:13 pm

Steve_L wrote:
Corey Amaral wrote:id say ud havta b pretty good to do it...easy schedule or not

Yea, but what matters is points, and even with that dominating defense they were ranked 22nd in points allowed and 28th in yards per game. I think if they want to be a superbowl threat next year, they will need to do more than just draft a player, probably sign a good FA on defense too.

...Or have Carson Palmer not tear up his leg.
Your Hero
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 359
Joined: 5 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Steve_L » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:49 pm

Your Hero wrote:
Steve_L wrote:
Corey Amaral wrote:id say ud havta b pretty good to do it...easy schedule or not

Yea, but what matters is points, and even with that dominating defense they were ranked 22nd in points allowed and 28th in yards per game. I think if they want to be a superbowl threat next year, they will need to do more than just draft a player, probably sign a good FA on defense too.

...Or have Carson Palmer not tear up his leg.

Even if he doesn't tear up his leg, they wouldn't have made it to the Superbowl in my opinoin. No way they would have gotten past the Colts, they don't have a good enough defense to get past them.
Image
Steve_L
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 824
Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 6:49 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact