Arizona Cardinals - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Arizona Cardinals

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Arizona Cardinals

Postby saundman2000 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:56 pm

DbacksAllTheWay wrote:I just bought season tickets for the cards next year, I am hoping this team has a huge turnaround. The way I see it if we can have a healthy team, this is a playoff team. I am hoping we can get a good rb from FA and upgrade our D/OL with our picks. What does every1 else project from AZ next year?

Well I can see that most people around think Arizona is a joke...

I think they are an improving team and I think they should be an exciting team to watch. As a fan you want to see exciting football right? I don't see the playoffs in their immediate future, but I think that they always have the potential to come from behind with those 2 stud wide recievers.

The bright spot for Arizona is that they have a wealth of young talent on both sides of the ball. The main problem is at QB and that will take more than next year to become solid. If Warner plays, it's a farewell tour for him before he retires. If the Cardinals make a move to get a good young QB, then they should suffer through a couple below .500 seasons but then may emerge as a playoff team.

Keep your season tickets... It should be fun to see the Cardinals steadily improve each year. I never liked Denny Green as a coach, but they've decided to go with him. I really would rule out any Superbowls with him at the helm, but they should make the playoffs not in 2006, but in 2007 if they stay the course.

The main thing is that you will be entertained as a fan as long as you temper your expectations and just enjoy the football played before you.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:00 am

Get a Larry Fitzgerald jersey, go and get bombed every game and cheer only for him. It'll feel like a winning season.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:04 am

VaderFin wrote:At least you will get to know the other 50 Cardinals season ticket holders real well. ;-)

As a Dolphins fan you really shouldn't talk. I lived in that area for 2 years towards the end of Marino's career. The only games that were sellouts were against the Jets, Buffalo, & NE. Almost every other game wasn't sold out, thus blacked out in the Miami area. If you lived in Miami there was a great chance that you wouldn't be able to watch the Dolphins play on Sunday because the only way they sell out is if enough fans of the opposing team buy enough tickets. The opening round of the 1998 playoffs (January 1999) Miami & the legendary Dan Marino were playing Buffalo at home. The game didn't sell out. The game was saved from being blacked out only because the TV station bought the remaining 5000 tickets just to technically make it a sellout (so they could broadcast the game). I know AZ fans are traditionally worse, but they never even went to a Super Bowl and have never had any player as great as Marino. I remembering just laughing when they didn't sell out that playoff game. That's just pitiful that the Miami fans don't support a team with the history and tradition of the Dolphins. I grew up in NY and it's literally impossible to get tickets to a Jets or Giants game. The waiting lists for season tickets are so long that if every season ticket holder decided to give up their tickets after this season, next season every game for both teams would still be sold out and there would still be huge waiting lists. We're talking about the Jets here. The Giants have the history and tradition just like the Dolphins. But, the Jets won 1 Super Bowl 37 years ago and have only been to 2 championship games since. Yet every game in every season is sold out.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby LJ's Crush » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:59 am

I wish that I could have better news but the Cardinals still have a lot's more work to do before their any good. They need a better line a then a better RB befere I can even start talking about them being any good.

But I hope they some how are good becuse I like KURT and the WR's. ;-D
LJ's Crush
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby UNDEFEATED » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:37 am

i would go every week, no matter what.

I think the oline needs the most help.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby dream_017 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:18 am

I don't feel so bad now, with my Lions season tickets ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Re: Arizona Cardinals

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:38 am

DbacksAllTheWay wrote:I just bought season tickets for the cards next year, I am hoping this team has a huge turnaround. The way I see it if we can have a healthy team, this is a playoff team. I am hoping we can get a good rb from FA and upgrade our D/OL with our picks. What does every1 else project from AZ next year?

Well, Michael Bennet is already being fitted for a jersey, so I wouldn't count on it....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:47 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
VaderFin wrote:At least you will get to know the other 50 Cardinals season ticket holders real well. ;-)

As a Dolphins fan you really shouldn't talk. I lived in that area for 2 years towards the end of Marino's career. The only games that were sellouts were against the Jets, Buffalo, & NE. Almost every other game wasn't sold out, thus blacked out in the Miami area. If you lived in Miami there was a great chance that you wouldn't be able to watch the Dolphins play on Sunday because the only way they sell out is if enough fans of the opposing team buy enough tickets. The opening round of the 1998 playoffs (January 1999) Miami & the legendary Dan Marino were playing Buffalo at home. The game didn't sell out. The game was saved from being blacked out only because the TV station bought the remaining 5000 tickets just to technically make it a sellout (so they could broadcast the game). I know AZ fans are traditionally worse, but they never even went to a Super Bowl and have never had any player as great as Marino. I remembering just laughing when they didn't sell out that playoff game. That's just pitiful that the Miami fans don't support a team with the history and tradition of the Dolphins. I grew up in NY and it's literally impossible to get tickets to a Jets or Giants game. The waiting lists for season tickets are so long that if every season ticket holder decided to give up their tickets after this season, next season every game for both teams would still be sold out and there would still be huge waiting lists. We're talking about the Jets here. The Giants have the history and tradition just like the Dolphins. But, the Jets won 1 Super Bowl 37 years ago and have only been to 2 championship games since. Yet every game in every season is sold out.

You sure you lived there? 1. A good half of the people who live in South Florida and are football fans are fans of other teams then the Fins. Why? They all just moved down from up north and are fans of the team from where they came from. 2. It's Miami in December and it is 75 while there is nothing to do outside up north there is tons to do in S Florida. 3. We sell out plenty of games, not all but plenty. Have a clue what you are talking about before you go yapping off.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:53 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Get a Larry Fitzgerald jersey, go and get bombed every game and cheer only for him. It'll feel like a winning season.

I have a Fitz jersey and I'm a Steeler fan.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:29 am

My prediction for AZ is 110-120 degrees.

As for the Cards, I think 7-9 to 9-7 and maybe a 6th seed is a good expectation. The D should be better next year and the O could end up being a little better.

What made you decide to buy now? New stadium?
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk