Arizona Cardinals - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Arizona Cardinals

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:36 pm

Is the money refundable? Maybe you could get your $200 back. :-b

Sorry, couldn't help myself. I couldn't think of a better way to spend a fall day in Zona then watching defences chasing after Fitz, Bouldin, and whoever the Cards are playing that day.
They do serve cold beer, right? ;-D

7-9 but showing signs of improvement. Enjoy.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:06 pm

VaderFin wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
VaderFin wrote:At least you will get to know the other 50 Cardinals season ticket holders real well. ;-)

As a Dolphins fan you really shouldn't talk. I lived in that area for 2 years towards the end of Marino's career. The only games that were sellouts were against the Jets, Buffalo, & NE. Almost every other game wasn't sold out, thus blacked out in the Miami area. If you lived in Miami there was a great chance that you wouldn't be able to watch the Dolphins play on Sunday because the only way they sell out is if enough fans of the opposing team buy enough tickets. The opening round of the 1998 playoffs (January 1999) Miami & the legendary Dan Marino were playing Buffalo at home. The game didn't sell out. The game was saved from being blacked out only because the TV station bought the remaining 5000 tickets just to technically make it a sellout (so they could broadcast the game). I know AZ fans are traditionally worse, but they never even went to a Super Bowl and have never had any player as great as Marino. I remembering just laughing when they didn't sell out that playoff game. That's just pitiful that the Miami fans don't support a team with the history and tradition of the Dolphins. I grew up in NY and it's literally impossible to get tickets to a Jets or Giants game. The waiting lists for season tickets are so long that if every season ticket holder decided to give up their tickets after this season, next season every game for both teams would still be sold out and there would still be huge waiting lists. We're talking about the Jets here. The Giants have the history and tradition just like the Dolphins. But, the Jets won 1 Super Bowl 37 years ago and have only been to 2 championship games since. Yet every game in every season is sold out.

You sure you lived there? 1. A good half of the people who live in South Florida and are football fans are fans of other teams then the Fins. Why? They all just moved down from up north and are fans of the team from where they came from. 2. It's Miami in December and it is 75 while there is nothing to do outside up north there is tons to do in S Florida. 3. We sell out plenty of games, not all but plenty. Have a clue what you are talking about before you go yapping off.

I LIVED THERE! I have a huge clue what I'm talking about and I'm 100% correct. I've heard that excuse before about the weather being so nice that people have more things to do. Come on dude...that's lame! You don't think people in NY have better things to do than sit in the freezing cold for 3-4 hours? There are SO many things to do in NY/Manhattan all year long. I think 75 degrees in Miami in December would entice more people to actually go to the game. Millions of people live in Miami and you are right about a lot of them being transplants, but not being able to sell 70+ thousand tickets for a team with the history & tradition of the Dolphins is pitiful. If the weather was freezing cold in Miami in December, NOONE would go to the games!

What's your excuse for the 2 time World Series champion Marlins not being able to get ANYONE to go to there games? And I don't mean the joke teams they put on the field after dismantling. The Marlins had a hard time getting anyone to go to their games during their World Series seasons.

I know exactly what I'm talking about. I think you need to take off the orange/teal blinders and stay out of the sun.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby VaderFin » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:35 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
VaderFin wrote:At least you will get to know the other 50 Cardinals season ticket holders real well. ;-)

As a Dolphins fan you really shouldn't talk. I lived in that area for 2 years towards the end of Marino's career. The only games that were sellouts were against the Jets, Buffalo, & NE. Almost every other game wasn't sold out, thus blacked out in the Miami area. If you lived in Miami there was a great chance that you wouldn't be able to watch the Dolphins play on Sunday because the only way they sell out is if enough fans of the opposing team buy enough tickets. The opening round of the 1998 playoffs (January 1999) Miami & the legendary Dan Marino were playing Buffalo at home. The game didn't sell out. The game was saved from being blacked out only because the TV station bought the remaining 5000 tickets just to technically make it a sellout (so they could broadcast the game). I know AZ fans are traditionally worse, but they never even went to a Super Bowl and have never had any player as great as Marino. I remembering just laughing when they didn't sell out that playoff game. That's just pitiful that the Miami fans don't support a team with the history and tradition of the Dolphins. I grew up in NY and it's literally impossible to get tickets to a Jets or Giants game. The waiting lists for season tickets are so long that if every season ticket holder decided to give up their tickets after this season, next season every game for both teams would still be sold out and there would still be huge waiting lists. We're talking about the Jets here. The Giants have the history and tradition just like the Dolphins. But, the Jets won 1 Super Bowl 37 years ago and have only been to 2 championship games since. Yet every game in every season is sold out.

You sure you lived there? 1. A good half of the people who live in South Florida and are football fans are fans of other teams then the Fins. Why? They all just moved down from up north and are fans of the team from where they came from. 2. It's Miami in December and it is 75 while there is nothing to do outside up north there is tons to do in S Florida. 3. We sell out plenty of games, not all but plenty. Have a clue what you are talking about before you go yapping off.

I LIVED THERE! I have a huge clue what I'm talking about and I'm 100% correct. I've heard that excuse before about the weather being so nice that people have more things to do. Come on dude...that's lame! You don't think people in NY have better things to do than sit in the freezing cold for 3-4 hours? There are SO many things to do in NY/Manhattan all year long. I think 75 degrees in Miami in December would entice more people to actually go to the game. Millions of people live in Miami and you are right about a lot of them being transplants, but not being able to sell 70+ thousand tickets for a team with the history & tradition of the Dolphins is pitiful. If the weather was freezing cold in Miami in December, NOONE would go to the games!

What's your excuse for the 2 time World Series champion Marlins not being able to get ANYONE to go to there games? And I don't mean the joke teams they put on the field after dismantling. The Marlins had a hard time getting anyone to go to their games during their World Series seasons.

I know exactly what I'm talking about. I think you need to take off the orange/teal blinders and stay out of the sun.

I noticed you pretty much ignored #1. Arizona is the only other team that can say they might have 50% of their football fans not fans of the home team. No other place can say that. Baseball is even worse because the Marlins are so new. Despite being a Canes and Fins fan I'm not a Marlins fan because when I first started liking sports in South FL in the early 80s they didn't even exist.

The Fins have averaged 73k over the last 5 years and pretty much the same over the last 10-15 so please.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:48 pm

VaderFin wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

I noticed you pretty much ignored #1. Arizona is the only other team that can say they might have 50% of their football fans not fans of the home team. No other place can say that. Baseball is even worse because the Marlins are so new. Despite being a Canes and Fins fan I'm not a Marlins fan because when I first started liking sports in South FL in the early 80s they didn't even exist.

The Fins have averaged 73k over the last 5 years and pretty much the same over the last 10-15 so please.

I didn't ignore #1. If you reread the post I said you were right about that point.

My only point was that it is a fact that the Dolphins don't have all their season tickets sold out with a long waiting list like most teams with their history & tradition. Knowing this fact is why I thought it was a little funny that a Dolphins fan would make fun of AZ fans for not showing up to the games.

I for one love the fact that the Miami fans don't feel the need to support the Dolphins 100%. Every year that I've lived in Florida I can easily get tickets to the yearly Jets game. All I have to do is go to ticketmaster when they go on sale.

As far as the Marlins go, I just brought them up to show that Miami as a city doesn't support their pro teams 100%. This is a fact. It's not just my opinion.

I didn't mean to attack you in any way so I apologize if you took it that way. Like I said, I just thought it was a little funny seeing a Dolphins fan making fun of AZ fans.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:42 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

I didn't ignore #1. If you reread the post I said you were right about that point.

My only point was that it is a fact that the Dolphins don't have all their season tickets sold out with a long waiting list like most teams with their history & tradition. Knowing this fact is why I thought it was a little funny that a Dolphins fan would make fun of AZ fans for not showing up to the games.

I for one love the fact that the Miami fans don't feel the need to support the Dolphins 100%. Every year that I've lived in Florida I can easily get tickets to the yearly Jets game. All I have to do is go to ticketmaster when they go on sale.

As far as the Marlins go, I just brought them up to show that Miami as a city doesn't support their pro teams 100%. This is a fact. It's not just my opinion.

I didn't mean to attack you in any way so I apologize if you took it that way. Like I said, I just thought it was a little funny seeing a Dolphins fan making fun of AZ fans.

My post was an obvious joke. Yours was a lame thread jack that attempted to crack on a team you don't like. :-t
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:49 pm

VaderFin wrote:My post was an obvious joke. Yours was a lame thread jack that attempted to crack on a team you don't like. :-t

Wasn't my intentions at all and not accurate.

I guess the truth hurts.
flotsamnjetsam

Postby VaderFin » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:51 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
VaderFin wrote:My post was an obvious joke. Yours was a lame thread jack that attempted to crack on a team you don't like. :-t

I guess the truth hurts.

I rest my case on the lameness.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:39 pm

Azrael wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Get a Larry Fitzgerald jersey, go and get bombed every game and cheer only for him. It'll feel like a winning season.

I have a Fitz jersey and I'm a Steeler fan.

Gee, I wonder why?

Couldn't have anything to do with your location, NCAAF affiliation or your sig, would it? :-D

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby UTLonghorns » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:40 pm

There not..that bad?

LFitz and Boldin keepin it real.
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:46 pm

VaderFin wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

I guess the truth hurts.

I rest my case on the lameness.

:-t

You're the one who has thread jacked this thread. All I did was make an observation about your original post based on facts. You didn't like someone speaking the truth so you resorted to insults.

I guess we just have different opinions on what's lame.
flotsamnjetsam

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk