To the Seahawk fans at the Cafe - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

To the Seahawk fans at the Cafe

Moderator: Football Moderators

To the Seahawk fans at the Cafe

Postby stomperrob » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:04 am

There has been a lot of crap on the board here by some less than gracious Steeler fans (and some Seahawks fans too).
Let me congratulate you on a great season. Everyone said you were were lucky to even be in the Super Bowl which was just a load of crap - you earned it (I don't know who else you were supposed to defeat in the NFC to be here - maybe the 1999 Rams and the 1985 Bears???). As is widely stated, you don't get any respect being isolated way up in the Pacific northwest where no one ever seems to hear about you - living in southern Alberta, I've heard about you as we've gotten every one of your games on TV for the last 30 years.
You are not only a good team, but a classy team too, players, coaches, and owner. You have an owner much like the Steelers who will do everything in his power to make sure all the pieces are in place for a return trip to the Super Bowl and with the players on that team, there's no reason you can't return.
It wasn't a pretty game tonight - for either side. The Steelers didn't seem to know what to do against you in the first half. There were some things that both teams could have done better.
I like the Seahawks - I honestly hope you get another trip to the Super Bowl and I hope you win next time (at least as long as it's not against my Steelers again, lol). Good luck next year!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: To the Seahawk fans at the Cafe

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:27 am

stomperrob wrote:There has been a lot of crap on the board here by some less than gracious Steeler fans (and some Seahawks fans too).
Let me congratulate you on a great season. Everyone said you were were lucky to even be in the Super Bowl which was just a load of crap - you earned it (I don't know who else you were supposed to defeat in the NFC to be here - maybe the 1999 Rams and the 1985 Bears???). As is widely stated, you don't get any respect being isolated way up in the Pacific northwest where no one ever seems to hear about you - living in southern Alberta, I've heard about you as we've gotten every one of your games on TV for the last 30 years.
You are not only a good team, but a classy team too, players, coaches, and owner. You have an owner much like the Steelers who will do everything in his power to make sure all the pieces are in place for a return trip to the Super Bowl and with the players on that team, there's no reason you can't return.
It wasn't a pretty game tonight - for either side. The Steelers didn't seem to know what to do against you in the first half. There were some things that both teams could have done better.
I like the Seahawks - I honestly hope you get another trip to the Super Bowl and I hope you win next time (at least as long as it's not against my Steelers again, lol). Good luck next year!

Great post. ;-D
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Nilmerf » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:39 am

I remember growing up I was always excited when the Buffalo Bills made it to the Super Bowl. I loved Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, and Jim Kelly.. and was always decked out in Buffalo gear. Every year I would go to a family gathering for the Super Bowl and every year I would go home disappointed.

This year it was even better as the hometeam representing the northwest made it. But now my teams are a combined 0-5 in the Super Bowl and it feels like 12 years ago all over again.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Homeless » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:04 am

Nilmerf wrote: But now my teams are a combined 0-5 in the Super Bowl and it feels like 12 years ago all over again.

So its all your fault? :-b

Nice post Stomperrob ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby stomperrob » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:15 pm

Nilmerf wrote:I remember growing up I was always excited when the Buffalo Bills made it to the Super Bowl. I loved Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, and Jim Kelly.. and was always decked out in Buffalo gear. Every year I would go to a family gathering for the Super Bowl and every year I would go home disappointed.

This year it was even better as the hometeam representing the northwest made it. But now my teams are a combined 0-5 in the Super Bowl and it feels like 12 years ago all over again.

I know how you feel - it was so frustrating when the Steelers lost the Super Bowl 10 years ago and then lost all those AFC Championships - it seemed like we were doomed never to win the big one again. Be patient - you have an owner who is willing to stay the course and do what it takes to bring the Lombardi trophy to Seattle. I think Seattle has all the right ingredients for a return trip. Keep the faith!!!
;-D
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:18 pm

Homeless wrote:
Nilmerf wrote: But now my teams are a combined 0-5 in the Super Bowl and it feels like 12 years ago all over again.

So its all your fault? :-b

Nice post Stomperrob ;-D

Thanx - it would be nice to see people be gracious both in victory and defeat.
stomperrob

Postby Apollo » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:38 pm

Nilmerf wrote:I remember growing up I was always excited when the Buffalo Bills made it to the Super Bowl. I loved Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, and Jim Kelly.. and was always decked out in Buffalo gear. Every year I would go to a family gathering for the Super Bowl and every year I would go home disappointed.

I've got you whipped. My favorite team (the Browns) has never made the Super Bowl in its history. More amazingly, though, the team I was rooting for in the Super Bowl has lost for 12 out of the last 13 years (I was going for the Bucs over the Raiders a few years ago).
Apollo
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikus » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:40 pm

Apollo wrote:

I've got you whipped. My favorite team (the Browns) has never made the Super Bowl in its history. More amazingly, though, the team I was rooting for in the Super Bowl has lost for 12 out of the last 13 years (I was going for the Bucs over the Raiders a few years ago).

at least the browns have made it to the AFC championship game. the saints only have one playoff win, ever!!! now that's misery!
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Re: To the Seahawk fans at the Cafe

Postby Philly Pride » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:06 pm

stomperrob wrote:There has been a lot of crap on the board here by some less than gracious Steeler fans (and some Seahawks fans too).

Likewise for the Steelers. The Seahawks didn't deserve to win the game, period. Officials getting the calls right *cough*holding*cough* or not. The only player that stood out was Joe Jurevicius (I'm pulling for him to Philly as of now). The thing I'm most puzzled by was the Randle El pass to Ward. What the heck was Trufant or the safety on that side doing not covering Ward the whole way? Every one in that stadium saw the pass coming except the Seattle secondary, they all froze. They shouldn't have been surprised, the Steelers have only run the reverse pass like 5 times this year.
Philly Pride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Miked_Up » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:44 pm

Yeah, how about Hasselbeck's illegal block on the lineman? C'mon Hass, go for the guy with the football!

Officiating was favored in Pittsburgh side. Not saying it was the reason for their victory, but they took away 4 points right off the bat and continued to make poor calls for parts of the game.

Anyone else hear how disappointed Levy was when he had to overturn the Hass "fumble"? If you TiVoed it, check it out... my brother caught it (him cheering for the Seahawks, I the Steelers) and I actually found it quite funny, and true! :-b
Miked_Up
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk