To the Seahawk fans at the Cafe - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

To the Seahawk fans at the Cafe

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:53 pm

mattb47 wrote:Very nice post here Stomp. It's nice to see that Steelers and Seahawks fans can still coexist in a thread.... :-b

Sure, we can. ;-D

I've said before....
I, for one, like the Steelers and I feel that this reffing thing rips you guys off as much as it does us. No sence in letting ugliness at the officiating level bring good fans down to that!
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:10 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
mattb47 wrote:Very nice post here Stomp. It's nice to see that Steelers and Seahawks fans can still coexist in a thread.... :-b

Sure, we can. ;-D

I've said before....
I, for one, like the Steelers and I feel that this reffing thing rips you guys off as much as it does us. No sence in letting ugliness at the officiating level bring good fans down to that!

Yea, as happy as I am for Bettis and Cowher that they got their superbowl rings. I have to admit that I was very disapointed in the game....neither team played well, the reffing was terrible, and it was relatively low scoring. Of course I'm happy that we ended up winning, but you're right, it's not quite the way I envisioned or wanted the victory to look like.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The_Dude » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:36 pm

mattb47 wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:

Sure, we can. ;-D

I've said before....

Yea, as happy as I am for Bettis and Cowher that they got their superbowl rings. I have to admit that I was very disapointed in the game....neither team played well, the reffing was terrible, and it was relatively low scoring. Of course I'm happy that we ended up winning, but you're right, it's not quite the way I envisioned or wanted the victory to look like.

Great post stomp, and I agree completely Matt. I think we can/will all lament forever that neither of these two teams played like they had in the games leading up to the SB. None of the "keys to the game" really ended up coming to fruition.

But congrats all around to Steeler fans, and it was nice to see Bettis and Cowher get their rings.

Dude

P.S. Ignore the lingering bitterness in my sig. :-b

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:58 pm

mattb47 wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:

Sure, we can. ;-D

I've said before....

Matt that is absolutely dumbest thing ever to say. Not the way you envisioned it? your boys won the super bowl. How did you envision it?

Stomper ;-D classy post.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:03 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:

Sure, we can. ;-D

I've said before....

Matt that is absolutely dumbest thing ever to say. Not the way you envisioned it? your boys won the super bowl. How did you envision it?

Stomper ;-D classy post.

Ah well...I guess that is what I get for trying to be a gracious winner. How is it dumb to say that I didn't envision the game being like this? It's not dumb to say that my ideal game didn't include both teams playing terrible football and the refs being god awful as well. That's all I was saying....I said many times that I'm glad (even overjoyed) that my steelers won the superbowl but I don't think you'll find a steelers fan that will say they would rather have this superbowl win over a fairly reffed superbowl victory in which both teams played very well.

See all the controversy surrounding this game.....it's not stupid to say I'd would have rather not had that hanging over a steelers win.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:09 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:

Sure, we can. ;-D

I've said before....

Stomper ;-D classy post.

Classy post stomperrob! ;-D

and the bold is how the fighting begins....let's not ruin this classy thread.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:18 pm

my bad on using the word dumbest, how bout stoopidest :-B
I was merely trying to point out that a win is a win, yes the refs sucked AGAIN but that has been par for the season. I thought the game was exciting. There doesn't need to be high scoring for it to be exciting.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: To the Seahawk fans at the Cafe

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:33 pm

stomperrob wrote:There has been a lot of crap on the board here by some less than gracious Steeler fans (and some Seahawks fans too).
Let me congratulate you on a great season. Everyone said you were were lucky to even be in the Super Bowl which was just a load of crap - you earned it (I don't know who else you were supposed to defeat in the NFC to be here - maybe the 1999 Rams and the 1985 Bears???). As is widely stated, you don't get any respect being isolated way up in the Pacific northwest where no one ever seems to hear about you - living in southern Alberta, I've heard about you as we've gotten every one of your games on TV for the last 30 years.
You are not only a good team, but a classy team too, players, coaches, and owner. You have an owner much like the Steelers who will do everything in his power to make sure all the pieces are in place for a return trip to the Super Bowl and with the players on that team, there's no reason you can't return.
It wasn't a pretty game tonight - for either side. The Steelers didn't seem to know what to do against you in the first half. There were some things that both teams could have done better.
I like the Seahawks - I honestly hope you get another trip to the Super Bowl and I hope you win next time (at least as long as it's not against my Steelers again, lol). Good luck next year!

great post. i have to say, seattle whooped our butts in almost every statistical category. they played a hell of a game.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby mattb47 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:33 pm

The_Captain wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:

Sure, we can. ;-D

I've said before....

Stomper ;-D classy post.

Classy post stomperrob! ;-D

and the bold is how the fighting begins....let's not ruin this classy thread.

Indeed captain.....good call. ;-D
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Football Talk