Anyone else's opinion of the Bus change? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone else's opinion of the Bus change?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone else's opinion of the Bus change?

Postby The Great Gambini » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:05 am

All week I was getting sick of all the talk about Jerome Bettis being Detroit's prodigal son and how he'd ride off into the sunset. Well, I saw his interview with Andrea Kremer on ESPN this morning, and my opinion changed. I really like the story about Big Ben telling him they'd get back, and I really respect the way the Bus has been open and honest about his retirement. A lot of guys would have played the "I haven't decided yet" card to get a little more attention, but he didn't. Consider me a Bus fan now.
Any others?

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Slingblade » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:07 am

Never have liked him, never will.
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Monse_HQ » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:08 am

Slingblade wrote:Never have liked him, never will.

Same.
Monse Fantasy Football Draft Packet [b]Coming Soon![/b]
[url=http://www.fantasy-hq.com]Image[/url]
Monse_HQ
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Great Gambini » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:09 am

Okay...any reasons? lol

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Slingblade » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:11 am

The Great Gambini wrote:Okay...any reasons? lol

I honestly probably couldn't give you one. He is just one of those guys that has always got on my nerves.
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:14 am

I think he's a class act... You never hear Jerome bitching and moaning about he's not utilized enough in the offense... You never see him complaining about losing touches... He was the first guy congratulating Big Ben after his TD, even though 3rd and short on the 1/2 yard line in the Super Bowl would seem to be Jerome's territory....

In this day and age, it is refreshing to see a guy as selfless as Jerome, who played for the enjoyment of the game... You never heard of Jerome holding out for more money... You never saw him do things for his own personal glory... He was always the epitome of team player.... And he went out with that same attitude... I was happy to see him get a ring... I think he is deserving... There are a lot of other guys who would not have handled themselves near as graciously as Jerome Bettis....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:16 am

My opinion hasnt changed. Hes alwasy been a class act, at least since ND. Really dont know why anyone would not like him. Even the boner who claims to hate him cant even give a reason.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:25 am

I didn't used to like him when he was the main guy in the Steelers offence, but since his role has been downgraded I have been pulling for him a lot more.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby louisianacajunsam » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:29 am

no reason to not like that guy..always played with heart..hes honest...and hes fat and its almost funny to watch..but hes darn good and always has been..

i think people like him cause lets face it..we got a lot of fat fans out there...and it kinda gives us all a little hope or something to relate to
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby SniperShot » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:34 am

He's funny, great guy, great runner, great career. There is very little not to like about him he seems to get along with everyone and is a great leader. No offense but you people who don't like him for no reason are weird.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Next

Return to Football Talk