Anyone else's opinion of the Bus change? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone else's opinion of the Bus change?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dude_202 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:10 pm

Slingblade wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:Never liked him...like him even less now.

The Lombardi presentation was a Jerome self-love session. The guy's a backup running back, had a 3.1 YPC in the Super Bowl, couldn't punch it in in multiple chances on the GL...

I know he was supposedly good years ago, but get over it. It's 2006, not the dinosaur era, Jerome. The guy's washed up...I'm glad he's retired. I can't take any more of the fat man falling down.

So you dont like the guy because he didnt have a huge year this year and the media gave him some love? Sounds drastic to me.

He has never had a really huge year. His best YPC was 4.9 in his rookie year. Just a case of a guy playing to long to rack up the stats. That is the only reason he is that high on the all time rushing list. He should of retired after his 2001 season.

So you fault a guy for doing what he loves to do? The only reason he stayed for all those years was to win a championship, not to pile up stats. If you were in Jerome's position and you knew that you could still play, what would you do? I think the choice is obvious...
Dude_202
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Slingblade » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:35 pm

Dude_202 wrote:
Slingblade wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:Never liked him...like him even less now.

The Lombardi presentation was a Jerome self-love session. The guy's a backup running back, had a 3.1 YPC in the Super Bowl, couldn't punch it in in multiple chances on the GL...

I know he was supposedly good years ago, but get over it. It's 2006, not the dinosaur era, Jerome. The guy's washed up...I'm glad he's retired. I can't take any more of the fat man falling down.

So you dont like the guy because he didnt have a huge year this year and the media gave him some love? Sounds drastic to me.

He has never had a really huge year. His best YPC was 4.9 in his rookie year. Just a case of a guy playing to long to rack up the stats. That is the only reason he is that high on the all time rushing list. He should of retired after his 2001 season.

So you fault a guy for doing what he loves to do? The only reason he stayed for all those years was to win a championship, not to pile up stats. If you were in Jerome's position and you knew that you could still play, what would you do? I think the choice is obvious...

I was reiterating my point that stardom and not longevity should be used to determine Hall of Famers.
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk