FWP: 2006 and beyond - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

FWP: 2006 and beyond

Moderator: Football Moderators

FWP: 2006 and beyond

Postby The Great Gambini » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:24 am

Is there any reason to believe Willie Parker shouldn't be a decent number two in 12 teamers for next year? I can't think of one, can someone shed some light here?

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:33 am

Anything negative at this point would be pure speculation. As long as the O line statys intact and Roth is healthy there shouldnt be a drop off.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Slingblade » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:34 am

Besides that 75 yarder, what did willie have? Crap. Not an every down back. He will be sharing carries.
Last edited by Slingblade on Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Great Gambini » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:47 am

SA didn't have the game of his life either, so is he crap?
With whom will FWP be sharing carries? Haynes? Duce Staley? I don't see where you're coming from too much, Sling.

The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Slingblade » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:50 am

The Great Gambini wrote:SA didn't have the game of his life either, so is he crap?
With whom will FWP be sharing carries? Haynes? Duce Staley? I don't see where you're coming from too much, Sling.

If you don't think that they are going to aquire another back then you are crazy. FWP cannot handle a full-load during a season. They will probably get rid of staley...he is worthless. Haynes could take some carries, but I can't see them not getting another back to share the load with FWP.
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:53 am

Slingblade wrote:
The Great Gambini wrote:SA didn't have the game of his life either, so is he crap?

If you don't think that they are going to aquire another back then you are crazy. FWP cannot handle a full-load during a season. They will probably get rid of staley...he is worthless. Haynes could take some carries, but I can't see them not getting another back to share the load with FWP.

Not really sure where this is all coming from. The question posed was whether or not Parker would be a good fantasy no.2 back. Based on this years numbers (sharing carries) the answer would be yes. Why would his numbers go down next year?
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Great Gambini » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:54 am

Slingblade wrote:

If you don't think that they are going to aquire another back then you are crazy. FWP cannot handle a full-load during a season.

How do you know? His numbers weren't too bad this year handling a significant load.

The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Slingblade » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:57 am

HskrPwr13 wrote:
Slingblade wrote:

Not really sure where this is all coming from. The question posed was whether or not Parker would be a good fantasy no.2 back. Based on this years numbers (sharing carries) the answer would be yes. Why would his numbers go down next year?

I just don't see him being a good number 2 this year. Solid number 3 or backup. Just not an every week starter.
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:03 am

Slingblade wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:
Slingblade wrote:

I just don't see him being a good number 2 this year. Solid number 3 or backup. Just not an every week starter.

Just so I'm clear, Parker wont be a good no.2 fantasy back next year because you dont think he'll be a good no.2 fantasy back next year. :-? (He shared carries this year so thats not really an arguement.)
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Re: FWP: 2006 and beyond

Postby ShoelessJoe » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:04 am

The Great Gambini wrote:Is there any reason to believe Willie Parker shouldn't be a decent number two in 12 teamers for next year? I can't think of one, can someone shed some light here?

I can think of one, and his name is Lendale White. If White falls to the Steelers there's no way they don't take him. FWP is too small to run as many times as the Steelers do. Also, he's too small to run inside the 10, something the Steelers typically do on First/Second and Goal.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk