Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheDiplomats » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:13 pm

Gotta go with the Pats here.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mikus » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Matt Leinart leads the Saints past Vince Young and the Texans in the Super Bowl. Talk about revenge!!!
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:54 pm

My darkhorse candidate for the Superbowl next year is Jacksonville... They are a team that has been improving every year since Del Rio came to town, and if they can pick up a decent corner to put opposite Mathis in the first round of this year's draft, I think they'll have all the pieces in place....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:11 pm

I will have to wait to see where TO, Edge, and others end up before I can even guess. If TO goes to Denver, it would be tempting to put them in serious contention. What will KC do with the O-line? Does TO end up there? Just too many variables.

At this point it is hard not to think that Pittsburgh isn't the leader in the clubhouse. Big Ben will be more experienced and less likely to choke, the sideshow of the Bus will be gone. Pretty impressive team in the steel city.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Homeless » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:45 pm

I can tell you this much, it will be an AFC team ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:09 pm

Way too early to tell... Free Agency and the draft changes everything.

Though Cincy is a good bet for the AFC.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby onnestabe » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:19 pm

It is hard not to see an AFC team being the favorite, but I think Carolina has a realistic shot at making the SB, if not winning it. If they can somehow find a #2 WR (Jurevicius is a free agent, I believe) and stay healthy, it's hard to see an NFC team that's better.

If I were putting money down right now, I think I would have to put it on the Steelers to win it all. It's hard to think they won't get better this offseason.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:27 pm

onnestabe wrote:It is hard not to see an AFC team being the favorite, but I think Carolina has a realistic shot at making the SB, if not winning it. If they can somehow find a #2 WR (Jurevicius is a free agent, I believe) and stay healthy, it's hard to see an NFC team that's better.

If I were putting money down right now, I think I would have to put it on the Steelers to win it all. It's hard to think they won't get better this offseason.

They have a #2 WR... Keary Colbert, who had a remarkable rookie season. His lack of production is attributed SOLELY to Jake Delhomme and his tunnel vision.

I don't have the figures in front of me, but an insane amount of throws were to SS, while almost zero were to everyone else.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:32 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
onnestabe wrote:It is hard not to see an AFC team being the favorite, but I think Carolina has a realistic shot at making the SB, if not winning it. If they can somehow find a #2 WR (Jurevicius is a free agent, I believe) and stay healthy, it's hard to see an NFC team that's better.

They have a #2 WR... Keary Colbert, who had a remarkable rookie season. His lack of production is attributed SOLELY to Jake Delhomme and his tunnel vision.

I don't have the figures in front of me, but an insane amount of throws were to SS, while almost zero were to everyone else.

Delhomme was the QB during Colbert's rookie season, and it isn't like he didn't lock onto Muhammad.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nilmerf » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:32 pm

I think it's the NFC's year, and I'll go with the division winner from the NFC East as the Super Bowl champion.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk