Pretty funny stuff! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Pretty funny stuff!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:10 pm

When asked by reporters from the Miami Herald to reflect on the win and his college football legacy, a tear entered JoePa’s left eye. “I’m just happy my great-great-great grandkids were here to share in it with me.” He continued to pontificate about the experience, and apparently many other significant topics, but reporters were unable understand anything else he said.

I found this real funny, being a Penn St. fan and all. Great find ;-D
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:12 pm

Paterno: “We Won?”

State College, PA - Despite the lavish fanfare and jovial interviews with the press and Florida State coach Bobby Bowden that directly followed the thrilling triple OT conclusion to last month’s FedEx Orange Bowl, members of the Penn State football community have reported that Coach Joe Paterno did not actually realize his team had defeated FSU until approximately 10 am Wednesday morning when he witnessed highlights from the game on ESPN’s Cold Pizza.
“I’m so proud of our kids. I knew they could do it. I just wish I could have been there to see it,” Paterno stated in his familiar Brooklyn accent during a conversation with his wife.

For those of us watching the game on TV, JoePa seemed to be aware of what was going on, judging by the hostile manner with which he spoke with game officials. It turns out, according to line judge Darryl Holden, his emotional outbursts were not at all related to on field action.

“He kept b**ching about how short his pants were. That’s the only part I could understand. The rest was simply unintelligible psychobabble.”

Now THATS FUNNY! :-b

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:56 pm

Some pretty funny stuff there. Good post Matthew.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby DaBears1234 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:04 pm

I am new to the cafe, but posts like this are going to keep me coming back. I love the frisbee story.
DaBears1234
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby knapplc » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:21 pm

DaBears1234 wrote:I am new to the cafe, but posts like this are going to keep me coming back. I love the frisbee story.

Any fan of the Bears is welcome in the FFC. Here's to hoping you'll post more! ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:44 pm

DaBears1234 wrote:I am new to the cafe, but posts like this are going to keep me coming back. I love the frisbee story.

Welcome Mr Dabears. If you like this thread you should check out the hot chicks thread. This is of course assuming you're a dude. I suppose chicks could be bears fans.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk