WORST Moment Super Bowl XL - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

WORST Moment Super Bowl XL

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby black_hawk8888 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:28 pm

Without a doubt that personal foul on Hass. Guy made a gutsy play to help his team after making a horrible pass and the refs kick him in the nuts for a courageous effort. If the Hawks had somehow rallied, that could have been the play of the game because it might have saved 6 points. :-?

The other worst moment has to be Holmgren whining about a play that happened 10 minutes ago with the refs instead of talking to Suzy Kolber :-t
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby MadScott » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:27 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:Getting a personal foul for making a tackle!
Ditto. How the hell do you get called for a 15 yard clipping penalty while trying to make a tackle?
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:36 pm

Yeah, Hass's foul was pretty bad, but did anyone else see that hit on Randle El where he about broke his back? I cringed when I saw that. Maybe not the worst Super Bowl XL moment, but one that made me wince nonetheless. I didn't watch the halftime show. Never do. And I don't believe I've ever missed anything significant (except that incident a couple years ago...).
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:44 pm

Played poker during halftime, so didn't see any of it.

Worst moment for me...that Burger King commercial. :-?

2nd worst...Big Ben's INT in the endzone...GAH! THROW THE BALL TO THE BACK OF THE ENDZONE!!!!!!!!!!!
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Warhawk » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:49 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Yeah, Hass's foul was pretty bad, but did anyone else see that hit on Randle El where he about broke his back? I cringed when I saw that. Maybe not the worst Super Bowl XL moment, but one that made me wince nonetheless. I didn't watch the halftime show. Never do. And I don't believe I've ever missed anything significant (except that incident a couple years ago...).

Yeah, that looked painful. :-o
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:59 pm

Definitely watching ridiculous penalty after penalty on Seattle. From the ticky tack pushoff that gets called maybe 1 time out of the 20 or so times it happens in a game, the holding call that sure didn't look like holding (those taking about 14 points away from Seattle), the personal foul on Hassleback's tackle (worst call of the night). I know it isn't true, but it sure seemed everything seemed to fall the Steelers way, despite them playing a really horrible game.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby PACKman1144 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:03 pm

The halftime show.

1 year from now:

What was the worst moment of Super Bowl XLI?

PACKman1144: The halftime show.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:06 pm

PACKman1144 wrote:The halftime show.

1 year from now:

If you could get anyone to do the halftime show, who would it be?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PACKman1144 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:32 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:

1 year from now:

Its not really the band or who's playing, its the way they do these stupid things. They always have to bumbling idiots run out on to the field, who have no interest in the game. I'm not much of a stones fan to being with, the just feel that these shows are so cheesy.

Correct me if I'm wrong but U2 did it after 9/11. I liked that one. It didn't have to stupid flare they try to put on the more recent ones. I dunno I just feel like they are trying to make a bigger deal out of them than they are. I'd like to just have your standard 10 minute halftime then be done with it. Show me some highlights, give me a lil' anylisis and I'll be fine, that really is all I'd like to see.

So in answer to your question DDD; no one. Well I guess Berman and the crew, as long as they don't sing B-)
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:35 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:

1 year from now:

I'd cut it down from 30 minutes to the normal 20 minutes during the regular season. Then I'd have a halftime show (not televised) just for the people at the game. Nothing big or crazy. Then I'd rather see the analysts discuss the 1st half and what each team needs to do in the 2nd half...just like every regular season game.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk