St. Louis and Steven Jackson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

St. Louis and Steven Jackson

Moderator: Football Moderators

St. Louis and Steven Jackson

Postby JavaDude » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:56 am

Do you think St. Louis' defensive woes will negatively impact Steven Jackson's fantasy value next season?
JavaDude
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Keyser_WV » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:17 am

I don't.

With the new regime in place I'm sure they will get better on defense.

I think he will be a solid #2 fantasy back next year.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby logan » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:20 am

well if they make a concerted effort to run the ball more and not pass every down then maybe the defense doesn't suffer quite as much. longer time to rest and breathe when the offense can sustain long drives. the rams can move the ball alot better if they can get into managable third downs instead of it being 3rd and 10 becasue of two incompletes. which will create a better situation for the rams and jackson as a whole.

so to sum up it all depends on how they run their offense really. jackson is a option both in the passing and running game and he did have a solid season considering they threw the ball what 75 percent of the time and their defense sucked.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby mattb47 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:25 am

I think you can expect to see a pretty good rise in Jackson's numbers. If his new coach actually knows how to use a RB like Jackson, he should get the ball much more and it will help the offense immensely. St Louis was still able to win when Bulger, Holt, and Bruce were hurt because they just gave the ball to Jackson more. Don't expect Linehan to make the same mistakes as Martz did.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:29 am

With Martz officially out of there I look for Jacksons numbers to get a nice boost. Linehan likes to throw more then run but not to the crazy extent Martz does.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:54 am

Right now Jackson is my #2 RB value pick. I expect him to fall later than he did this past season yet produce more.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby The Lung » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:38 am

I have Steven Jackson as my #8 ranked RB.

I did two mock drafts in the last two weeks, and Steven Jackson went at 2.04 in the ten-teamer and 2.05 in the twelve-teamer. That is great value, imo.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby soupnazi » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:40 am

You guys are dreaming if you think Jackson will fall far. He's in Tier 3, which means he'll go late first round.

1, 2, 3 will be LJ, LT, SA in some order
4, 5, 6 will be Portis, Edge, Barber

After that, its a crapshoot...nobody stands out. No WRs worth taking that high and the only QB worth taking is Manning.

Next 6 RBs in any order are:

SJax, Jordan, Westbrook, Rudi Johnson, then maybe Parker or MaGahee.

I'd think he'd have a good year too. Martz never got him in a rythym and Bulger was out. All brought down his value this past year.
soupnazi
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:24 pm

SJax was a good No. 2 RB this past year, and there's almost no way he falls very far in the 2nd round. 2.5 at the latest in a 10 teamer i would say. He's the one RB that I would feel very confident in as a no. 2.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:55 pm

Homeless wrote:Right now Jackson is my #2 RB value pick. I expect him to fall later than he did this past season yet produce more.

Who's your #1, hmmm? I can see Jackson being undervalued due to the underwhelming season he had and the uncertainty over the new head coach and Faulk's retirement plans.
I think with Linehan's pedegree you can look for the RB position to be very productive. The Vikes run game was great when Linehan was OC there. S Jax is a great value pick.
So, homeless, who is #1? It's Joey Harrington isn't it? :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Football Talk