James Brown to CBS - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

James Brown to CBS

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby confused_jake » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:18 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:
The_Dude wrote:
Homeless wrote:As long as I see a LOT less of Stuart Scott on sports TV i'll be happy!!

Why you such a hater, dawg?

It's gotten bad, Scott is affecting other people on ESPN, an example of a recent Sean Salisbery quote:
"FAST WILLIE PARKER JUST TOOK IT TO THE HIZEE"

that isnt even his worst quote.

"Steve Smith's Allen Iverson is unmatched"
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:23 pm

confused_jake wrote:
ShoelessJoe wrote:
The_Dude wrote:
Homeless wrote:As long as I see a LOT less of Stuart Scott on sports TV i'll be happy!!

It's gotten bad, Scott is affecting other people on ESPN, an example of a recent Sean Salisbery quote:

What exactly does that mean, Sean? Maybe they should stick him in the booth with Theismann and we can find out who says more ridiculous things during the span of a football game.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Slingblade » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:26 pm

They need to fire all the female sideline reporters. I hate when they get on and babble crap that they think they know.
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The_Captain » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:26 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
confused_jake wrote:
ShoelessJoe wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

What exactly does that mean, Sean? Maybe they should stick him in the booth with Theismann and we can find out who says more ridiculous things during the span of a football game.

It saddens me I share the same name with him (Mr. Salisbury). He needs to be quiet before he gives the name Sean, the great name that it is, a bad rap.
Last edited by The_Captain on Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:31 pm

I heard Tony Kornheiser from PTI could be the Third personality on ESPN's MNF as the color commentary.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:38 pm

UNDEFEATED wrote:I heard Tony Kornheiser from PTI could be the Third personality on ESPN's MNF as the color commentary.

I'd welcome that addition. Kornheiser is pretty entertaining and very well read at the same time.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:59 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
UNDEFEATED wrote:I heard Tony Kornheiser from PTI could be the Third personality on ESPN's MNF as the color commentary.

I'd welcome that addition. Kornheiser is pretty entertaining and very well read at the same time.
...as was Dennis Miller.... :-?
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PACKman1144 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:05 pm

I'm just gald Michaels and Madden will be toghether for SNF next year. They really worked the games well together, both know there stuff. Michaels is really composed and does some of the best play by play youll find on tv ;-D
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby SniperShot » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:16 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:

Yeah he would be a heck of alot more interesting than Paul McGuire's bumbling and countless "Watch this'" on every replay.

Michaels to NBC is AWESOME. I am very happy I think this makes Sunday night the new real deal unquestionably.

I heard James Brown didn't like his flight to LA every week he lives in the DC area so he has to fly cross country to get home... Pretty sucky.

Gumble is a great play by play voice I am very happy to see him away from the desk I was never happy with Nantz taking over his spot.

Bonnie B was never that interesting so I really don't care about her leaving hopefully somebody more "interesting" will replace her.

I love Tirico's enthuiasm I've always enjoyed his College broadcasts on ESPN. Still the ESPN team will be laughable still fun to watch and listen to their dumbness.

Did I get everything? Hopefully for now thats it.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby VaderFin » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:55 pm

I'm still waiting for a link on Michaels to NBC....I have yet to find one so I'm not believing till I'm seeing.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk