James Brown to CBS - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

James Brown to CBS

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:10 pm

MadScott wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
UNDEFEATED wrote:I heard Tony Kornheiser from PTI could be the Third personality on ESPN's MNF as the color commentary.


I'd welcome that addition. Kornheiser is pretty entertaining and very well read at the same time.
...as was Dennis Miller.... :-?


:-P don't remind us of that demon's play. I still get shivers thinking of his commentary.

As for NBC... Madden sucks. ESPN... Theismann sucks.

Am I the only one that likes FOX? I actually enjoy the Joe Buck/Troy Aikman duo (entertainment duo, not gay duo).

Not to mention, you can't beat their Sunday countdown. I hate Long, but even though Bradshaw is a horrible man who robbed us, he's a great TV personality. As is Jimmy.

I admit its a bit painful to watch sometimes... but it beats the Hell out of everything else. CBS is second.
Image

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5255
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: From Diego to tha bay ...

Postby CC » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:26 pm

FOX NFL Countdown is horrible. Bradshaw and Long are irritating. James Brown rules though.

I like Buck/Aikman. They do good work.
Tirico/Sterling Sharpe was awesome on SNF that one week, SS was kind of dumb but he was a Packers great and was 10x better than McGuire or Theismann.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:58 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:FOX NFL Countdown is horrible. Bradshaw and Long are irritating. James Brown rules though.

I like Buck/Aikman. They do good work.
Tirico/Sterling Sharpe was awesome on SNF that one week, SS was kind of dumb but he was a Packers great and was 10x better than McGuire or Theismann.


10x? That's a huge insult to SS. More like several thousand.

I DESPISE THEISMANN.
Image

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5255
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: From Diego to tha bay ...

Postby nsulham » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:58 am

VaderFin wrote:I'm still waiting for a link on Michaels to NBC....I have yet to find one so I'm not believing till I'm seeing.


http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football ... OE=SPOISVA

There ya go bub :-)
Image
New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 726
Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Your mom

Postby The_Dude » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:12 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:FOX NFL Countdown is horrible. Bradshaw and Long are irritating. James Brown rules though.

I like Buck/Aikman. They do good work.
Tirico/Sterling Sharpe was awesome on SNF that one week, SS was kind of dumb but he was a Packers great and was 10x better than McGuire or Theismann.


10x? That's a huge insult to SS. More like several thousand.

I DESPISE THEISMANN.


The Tirico/Sterling Sharpe team was great - made me realize that SNF didn't have to be annoying. I actually much preferred Countdown when Sharpe was their in lieu of Irvin.

And Buck/Aikman is bar none my favorite commentating team in the NFL. All announcers say stupid things, but they seem to say the fewest.
Image

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 3481
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 14 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby VaderFin » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:14 pm

nsulham wrote:
VaderFin wrote:I'm still waiting for a link on Michaels to NBC....I have yet to find one so I'm not believing till I'm seeing.


http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football ... OE=SPOISVA

There ya go bub :-)


Yep, saw it today. ;-D
Image
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7030
Joined: 10 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In my Tie Fighter blowing up Rebels

Postby 1crzydmnd » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:15 pm

At first glance the real James Brown....you know...the godfather of soul...was who we were talkin' bout. I feel good!

Image
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Confucius' redneck brother
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2302
(Past Year: 19)
Joined: 15 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Memphis, TN...watching the games with Elvis

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 20:45 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact