Arizona may get an "Edge" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Arizona may get an "Edge"

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:43 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:Why is everyone throwing the books at JJ after one lackluster rookie season behind an atrocious line?

Build the line... RB should be among the last of ARI's worries.

Do you honestly think that JJ can shoulder a full season's load even with a decent o-line. I have my doubts. He just reminds me too much of a third down/change of pace back. They really need someone to compliment him, if anything.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:45 pm

I think JJ can be a solid RB personally. If I were them I would work on acquiring a good combo of solid Vets on the offensive line as well as drafting some younger ones. Arrington is just the kind of back that needs an offensive line to be successful. He is a very talented back but unless they give him some help on the o-line, I don't think he'll ever really break out.

My comments earlier were that i think it is more likely that they go out and get a veteran RB and draft for their O-line than it is that they draft a RB like White in the draft.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:47 pm

They will use their draft pick on an oline man. Pick up a FA rb and fa Olineman to compliment the 1st rounder lineman. No way they take a rookie rb again in the first round.

They don't have time to develop a rb. Anquan and Fitz could bolt to another team before another rookie rb develops.

Anybody know the contract situation for Fitz*rookie contract* and Anquan.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby VaderFin » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:56 pm

UNDEFEATED wrote:They will use their draft pick on an oline man. Pick up a FA rb and fa Olineman to compliment the 1st rounder lineman. No way they take a rookie rb again in the first round.

They don't have time to develop a rb. Anquan and Fitz could bolt to another team before another rookie rb develops.

Anybody know the contract situation for Fitz*rookie contract* and Anquan.

Arizona picks 10th. With Ferguson already gone there is no OL worth a Top 10 pick. For some reason I see Green looking for OL help in FA and later in the draft and adding White. It very well may not happen, just a hunch.

Lendale to Glendale. :-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:00 pm

J2thez929 wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:Why is everyone throwing the books at JJ after one lackluster rookie season behind an atrocious line?

Do you honestly think that JJ can shoulder a full season's load even with a decent o-line. I have my doubts. He just reminds me too much of a third down/change of pace back. They really need someone to compliment him, if anything.

He did run for 2000 yards in a season at Cal... yeah, I think he can be a workhorse. And that was with freshman Joe Ayoob at QB.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:01 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
J2thez929 wrote:

He did run for 2000 yards in a season at Cal... yeah, I think he can be a workhorse. And that was with freshman Joe Ayoob at QB.

No it wasn't. Aaron Rodgers was the QB at Cal when he ran for 2000. Their line was killer that year, Marhsawn Lynch would've ran for 2000 if he got the carries.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:08 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:
J2thez929 wrote:

No it wasn't. Aaron Rodgers was the QB at Cal when he ran for 2000. Their line was killer that year, Marhsawn Lynch would've ran for 2000 if he got the carries.

Damn it! My bad... Got my years mixed up.

And I'm not debating the line. I'm merely saying that he proved he can at least be durable. He stayed pretty much injury-free while getting almost 300 carries that season. Not easy to do. And with his pretty good speed and evasiveness, I think he can be a pretty good starter in this league.

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby MadScott » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:13 pm

We actually agree! That line at AZ is built for pass protection and that's about it. Anyone that they would have had running the ball last season would have struggled, Edge included.

I don't think that you can burn a high pick on a RB last season and come back with a first rd. RB the very next year. Of course this is the Cards we are talking about.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:30 pm

MadScott wrote:

We actually agree! That line at AZ is built for pass protection and that's about it. Anyone that they would have had running the ball last season would have struggled, Edge included.

I don't think that you can burn a high pick on a RB last season and come back with a first rd. RB the very next year. Of course this is the Cards we are talking about.

as opposed to Detroit's draft plan? :-b

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:24 pm

I still think Arizona ends up with Ricky.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk