Arizona may get an "Edge" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Arizona may get an "Edge"

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bigGAME101 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:12 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I still think Arizona ends up with Ricky.

Interesting...but why? What factors would lead you to believe this. Arizona has been looking for stability at RB for a while, and I hardly believe that Ricky is that back that will give them multiple years of consistency. With 2 young guns at WR, I am led to believe that this team will build a run game from the grond up, much like they tried to do with Arrington last year. THis way, the team will make a run in a few years, as opposed to right now. I like the idea of Ricky to Arizona, whom I think needs a power runner to succeed, I just don't see Green going after Ricky.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Azrael » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:52 pm

Either Edge or Ricky will get overdrafted if they go to AZ.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby MadScott » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:18 pm

Azrael wrote:Either Edge or Ricky will get overdrafted if they go to AZ.
Bingo. It goes back to the line play. You can put anyone back there but they aren't going to produce much with that line as currently constituted.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:08 pm

Ricky goes to Arizona because Green is willing to take risks and he gets what he wants. Ricky is just as skilled as Edge in most departments, and his contract is chump change for the next couple years. They could probably extend him for Travis Henry dollars if they wanted IMO.

Not to mention that Arizona just dropped a high 2nd round pick on a RB last year, and the probably don't want to shell out the cash and/or playing time to a "franchise" RB like the Edge.

P.S. - Arizona had a bad line in 2005, but Miami's was even worse in 2004. Ronnie Brown is a stud in the making, but even skinny Ricky outperformed him.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby MadScott » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:59 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
P.S. - Arizona had a bad line in 2005, but Miami's was even worse in 2004.
Right, but Arizona doesn't have Hudson Houck, arguablly the best Oline coach going in the game currently.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:03 pm

Stole this from another board. Apparently these are the keynotes from a Dennis Green interview on Phoenix Radio. We all know the propoganda that comes from coach quotes in the offseason, and there is the question of whether or not this is even legit, but I tend to believe stuff that comes from Denny Green.

- That the Cardinals will sign a free agent O-lineman.
- That the Cardinals would likely take another O-lineman on the first day. When asked if he would take an O-lineman at #10 said something like "Yes, but would have to be the best player available." Took this to mean that he didn't think any O-lineman would be worth the #10 pick and that was why he specifically said "first day" instead of "first pick" with regard to drafting O-line.
- Wants to get Kurt Warner resigned. (Didn't talk about McCown. Perception is that he is as good as gone.)
- Said that the Cardinals would evlaute all FA RBs, but strongly suggested that they would not spend big money on a RB.
- Said that the run game and stopping the run are high priorities.
- Said that D-line was a priority. Wants AZ to be the best blitzing team in the league.
- Loves the depth at QB, OL and TE in this draft.

All signs further point to Ricky IMO.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby VaderFin » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:46 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Stole this from another board. Apparently these are the keynotes from a Dennis Green interview on Phoenix Radio. We all know the propoganda that comes from coach quotes in the offseason, and there is the question of whether or not this is even legit, but I tend to believe stuff that comes from Denny Green.

- That the Cardinals will sign a free agent O-lineman.
- That the Cardinals would likely take another O-lineman on the first day. When asked if he would take an O-lineman at #10 said something like "Yes, but would have to be the best player available." Took this to mean that he didn't think any O-lineman would be worth the #10 pick and that was why he specifically said "first day" instead of "first pick" with regard to drafting O-line.
- Wants to get Kurt Warner resigned. (Didn't talk about McCown. Perception is that he is as good as gone.)
- Said that the Cardinals would evlaute all FA RBs, but strongly suggested that they would not spend big money on a RB.
- Said that the run game and stopping the run are high priorities.
- Said that D-line was a priority. Wants AZ to be the best blitzing team in the league.
- Loves the depth at QB, OL and TE in this draft.

All signs further point to Ricky IMO.

LenDale to Glendale. ;-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk