Cleveland's one for the thumb... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cleveland Browns

Cleveland's one for the thumb...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cleveland's one for the thumb...

Postby The Balanced Man » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:04 pm

I recently read a thread the well known fact that Cleveland had not yet won a Super Bowl :-#

But fear not Clevelanders... while Pittsburgh FINALLY got the "one for the thumb" we have had ours for quite some time...

Cleveland has played in 10 NFL championships, winning 5 of them. Plus one additional pre-championship game championship. Just no superbowl ones.

Pre Championship Era

1924 - Cleveland Bulldogs

NFL Championships

1945 - CLEVELAND 15, Washington 14

1950 - CLEVELAND 30, LA Rams 28

1951 - LA RAMS 24, Cleveland 17

1952 - Detroit 17, CLEVELAND 7

1953 - DETROIT 17, Cleveland 16

1954 - CLEVELAND 56, Detroit 10

1955 - Cleveland 38, LA RAMS 14

1964 - CLEVELAND 27, Baltimore 0

1965 - GREEN BAY 23, Cleveland 12

1968 - Baltimore 34, CLEVELAND 0

Hence, it took Pittsburgh 42 (or 51, depending how you look at it) more years to get "one for the thumb"

So be proud Browns fans. The pendulum is swinging back into our favor....
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:14 pm

Wishful thinking, bro. :-D Call us back when you actually send someone to Hawaii.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:09 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Wishful thinking, bro. :-D Call us back when you actually send someone to Hawaii.

Yeaaaaa, call us back when Manning gets to a Bowl other than the one in Hawaii.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:18 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Wishful thinking, bro. :-D Call us back when you actually send someone to Hawaii.

Solid comeback. !+) :-b
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jh2031 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:38 am

The Balanced Man wrote:

lol, that was a nice comeback.

I was wondering as a Steelers fan, how do Browns fans feel about the Steelers winning the superbowl?
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:48 am

jh2031 wrote:
I was wondering as a Steelers fan, how do Browns fans feel about the Steelers winning the superbowl?

Honestly, I am not exactly thrilled that our hated rivals one the Superbowl but I respect them. What they have done to finish off the season to get into the playoffs and then knocking off Cincy, Indy, Denver, and Seattle is simply amazing. Plus, it was nice that Bettis finished off this career like that. He is a class act guy and he definately deserves that win and ring ;-D

Also, nice article man. I heard them talking about that on WTAM today. It's sad that they didn't call them superbowls back. If they did, we might not be looked down upon as much today. But its Cleveland so I doubt it :-b
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:21 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
The Balanced Man wrote:

Solid comeback. !+) :-b

All in good fun. :-b

And I'm not thrilled the Steelers won either.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby thatohiosportsfan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:08 pm

Heard of this guy named Andra Davis? He should have been there this year...namely over Al Wilson...who had roughly half the tackles Davis did this year...

Andra Davis...5th in the league in tackles and doesn't make the pro bowl over....Al Wilson???!!!!
...absurd
thatohiosportsfan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Cleveland Browns