How to set up a Dynasy League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How to set up a Dynasy League

Moderator: Football Moderators

How to set up a Dynasy League

Postby chadschwarze2 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:59 pm

How would you set up a dynasty league with 8 teams. Ive never done one before and we were thinking of starting one now. Any new ideas and telling me how you dynast league is run would be helpful. Thanks.
Thanks For The Awesome Sig FFGuru13
chadschwarze2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:23 pm

I have played in a dynasty league with 8 teams for the past 3 years. Here is the website: http://www.treasurechest.tk

It is a little outdated, but we have all the rules and stuff posted.
We have changed a few of the rules, and it will be fun as long as you have dedicated owners who understand all the rules and scoring. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any specific questions.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:01 pm

Witness a dynasty league in that is forming now...

Not all of the decisions we are making right now will apply to you (you may not want to fool with IDPs or utility players, etc.), but I think it would probably be helpful for you to see what types of decisions we are making as a league.

http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/v ... .php?f=180

PS: please don't vote in any of our polls!!
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:32 am

I've been in a dynasty league for 3 years now. I like that we have 12 teams and deep rosters since it makes you really have to pay attention to the future more. For example: I've had Chester Taylor sitting on my bench for 2 years now, just hoping that he gets a starting gig somewhere.

Dynasty leagues can get as complicated as you want them (salary caps, contracts, transaction fees, etc...). I prefer the simpler versions that just keep the rosters from year to year but many people will say that salary caps are the way to go. You just need to hash out all of the possibilities with your league members and try what works best for all of you.

The best thing you can do is keep your rules fluid. Let the league adjust as you guys learn what you like and don't like. That doesn't mean changing rules in mid-season, of course.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk