Lavar Arrington... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lavar Arrington...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lavar Arrington...

Postby Atog » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:45 pm

What's the deal with him? Will he be playing somewhere else next season? I'd love to see him in Detroit but I don't think we need a OLB with Bailey and Lehman.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:49 pm

He'll go to a big spender. Arizona might try to use some of that cap space. Green Bay would be smart to try and sign him I think too. Detroit, doesn't need him.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby MadScott » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:17 pm

maddog60 wrote:He'll go to a big spender.
Just to play devil's advocate a bit, isn't Snyder the biggest spender of all? I would think there's a legit chance he ends up back with Washington for big bucks.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:40 pm

MadScott wrote:
maddog60 wrote:He'll go to a big spender.
Just to play devil's advocate a bit, isn't Snyder the biggest spender of all? I would think there's a legit chance he ends up back with Washington for big bucks.

Quite possible, but Snyder does also have a tendency of having to cut quality players because he spends too much. I was referring more to how cap room a team had to spend though.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby terpfan » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:46 pm

Honestly I think he will restructure his contract and stay in Washington. too big of a cap hit to trade him. They wont want to release him. At least thats what Im hoping.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:03 pm

Just heard on NFL Radio how the NFL has found the Poston's to be negligent in dealing with Arringtons contract and that it is very possible that Carl Poston could be suspended from being a player agent. 8-o
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:17 pm

VaderFin wrote:Just heard on NFL Radio how the NFL has found the Poston's to be negligent in dealing with Arringtons contract and that it is very possible that Carl Poston could be suspended from being a player agent. 8-o

well that would be a crying shame for the poston's though i doubt it happens.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby mysticphysh » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:23 pm

terpfan wrote:Honestly I think he will restructure his contract and stay in Washington. too big of a cap hit to trade him. They wont want to release him. At least thats what Im hoping.

After the way they treated him this past season, why would he want to stay there for less money?
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby soupnazi » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:36 pm

We won't just cut Lavar. He doesn't cost us much more to keep him this year than it does to cut him.

1) He may retire...his injuries have really been a problem. The national press doesn't point it out, but there's a reason he doesn't play more than 50% of the plays he could if he was healthy.

2) restructuring...has potential...but he better not bring Poston to the meetings.

3) trade...he may be packaged with Ramsey if Brunell will restructure. Else they'd have to cut Brunell's $5M salary and keep Ramsey. But they'd need someone in return that was an impact player and was owed a lot of money. Abraham and Owens come to mind, and both would fill needs the Skins have and both would fill needs that Philly/NYJ has.
soupnazi
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby VaderFin » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:11 pm

soupnazi wrote:We won't just cut Lavar. He doesn't cost us much more to keep him this year than it does to cut him.

1) He may retire...his injuries have really been a problem. The national press doesn't point it out, but there's a reason he doesn't play more than 50% of the plays he could if he was healthy.

2) restructuring...has potential...but he better not bring Poston to the meetings.

3) trade...he may be packaged with Ramsey if Brunell will restructure. Else they'd have to cut Brunell's $5M salary and keep Ramsey. But they'd need someone in return that was an impact player and was owed a lot of money. Abraham and Owens come to mind, and both would fill needs the Skins have and both would fill needs that Philly/NYJ has.

The Redskins have already publicly said they are not interested in acquiring T.O.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk