Lavar Arrington... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lavar Arrington...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby soupnazi » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:21 pm

VaderFin wrote:
soupnazi wrote:We won't just cut Lavar. He doesn't cost us much more to keep him this year than it does to cut him.

1) He may retire...his injuries have really been a problem. The national press doesn't point it out, but there's a reason he doesn't play more than 50% of the plays he could if he was healthy.

2) restructuring...has potential...but he better not bring Poston to the meetings.

3) trade...he may be packaged with Ramsey if Brunell will restructure. Else they'd have to cut Brunell's $5M salary and keep Ramsey. But they'd need someone in return that was an impact player and was owed a lot of money. Abraham and Owens come to mind, and both would fill needs the Skins have and both would fill needs that Philly/NYJ has.

The Redskins have already publicly said they are not interested in acquiring T.O.

Of course they have. If you don't say that, then other teams might be willing to trade with Philly rather than wait until TO gets cut in April.

In this case, I think the Skins are telling the truth. And I don't think Abraham is worth the risk since he takes days off. That's why I lean towards the restructuring if Lavar will do it. He may not, which means he'd be a Skins for 1 more year. Then it becomes worth it to cut him.
soupnazi
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:36 pm

At the end of the season he seemed pretty optimistic about returning as a Redskins and that restructuring his contract was not out of the question.
The Redskins really didn't treat him bad, his agent screwed the deal, washington tried to fix amicably for both parties, which they did.
If Arrington goes anywhere he has stated in the past he'd like to go to SanDiego and play for Marty. Myabe the Bolts will trade Merriman for him ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:59 pm

MadScott wrote:
maddog60 wrote:He'll go to a big spender.
Just to play devil's advocate a bit, isn't Snyder the biggest spender of all? I would think there's a legit chance he ends up back with Washington for big bucks.

The Redskins have to get rid of him just to get under the cap... Unless a whole lot of other guys agree to restructure, the Skins cannot afford to keep Arrington....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:39 pm

mysticphysh wrote:
terpfan wrote:Honestly I think he will restructure his contract and stay in Washington. too big of a cap hit to trade him. They wont want to release him. At least thats what Im hoping.

After the way they treated him this past season, why would he want to stay there for less money?
At the start of the season he was playing very little. Towards the end he was in way more plays really only came out on 3rd and long. Plus would you want to get delt to a team that sucks or stay with a team that is becoming a strong playoff contender?

Plindsey88 wrote:
MadScott wrote:
Just to play devil's advocate a bit, isn't Snyder the biggest spender of all? I would think there's a legit chance he ends up back with Washington for big bucks.

The Redskins have to get rid of him just to get under the cap... Unless a whole lot of other guys agree to restructure, the Skins cannot afford to keep Arrington....
Cap what Cap? Do the Skins have a Cap thats the biggest question... Aren't they already over the cap? How the heck are they able to afford to pay coaches 2 million a year??? Too many questions I'm just glad I'm not the bank accountant for the Skins.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby onnestabe » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:46 pm

I was under the impression that Arrington didn't really fit into Williams' scheme. The defense is built around each plyer controlling his area of the field and if everyone focuses on his assignment, the defense is effective. While Arrington makes plays, he does not play a disciplined game, and that's what Willams requires of his personnel. It was my understanding that for this reason, they would rather let him go.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby terpfan » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:32 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
MadScott wrote:

Im not so sure that is true. Im sure they could find a way to keep him if he wanted to stay and Gregg still wanted him. I think thats what it boils down to.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:43 pm

SniperShot wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:
terpfan wrote:Honestly I think he will restructure his contract and stay in Washington. too big of a cap hit to trade him. They wont want to release him. At least thats what Im hoping.

After the way they treated him this past season, why would he want to stay there for less money?
At the start of the season he was playing very little. Towards the end he was in way more plays really only came out on 3rd and long. Plus would you want to get delt to a team that sucks or stay with a team that is becoming a strong playoff contender?

Plindsey88 wrote:
MadScott wrote:

Cap what Cap? Do the Skins have a Cap thats the biggest question... Aren't they already over the cap? How the heck are they able to afford to pay coaches 2 million a year??? Too many questions I'm just glad I'm not the bank accountant for the Skins.

You aren't serious? Do you really believe coaches count against the cap? If you do you do not belong in this conversation.
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mysticphysh » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:05 am

Coaches don't count towards cap, only players. Coaches only count towards the team's bank account...and the Redskins are one of the richest teams in the NFL, so they don't have to worry about shelling out money for coaches.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:23 am

mysticphysh wrote:Coaches don't count towards cap, only players. Coaches only count towards the team's bank account...and the Redskins are one of the richest teams in the NFL, so they don't have to worry about shelling out money for coaches.

Snyder = Steinbrenner Jr.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mysticphysh » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:29 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:Coaches don't count towards cap, only players. Coaches only count towards the team's bank account...and the Redskins are one of the richest teams in the NFL, so they don't have to worry about shelling out money for coaches.

Snyder = Steinbrenner Jr.

Snyder is shackled by salary caps, so he can't just buy a championship like in baseball. Maybe in 2007...

But back to the topic, Lavar needs to prove he can stay healthy, and that he can actually play at the level he is capable of playing. Nothing worse then an underachieving athlete.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk