Free Agent List from Scout - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Free Agent List from Scout

Moderator: Football Moderators

Free Agent List from Scout

Postby moonhead » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:22 pm

Scout's FA list

sorry if something like this has been posted. I didn't see anything on the first page.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby The_Dude » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:25 pm

thanks moon... hadn't seen that yet

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby maddog60 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:37 pm

Nice searchable list, even if their rating system is kinda messed up. (Hutchinson certainly deserves 5 stars, but no way every single other OG is 2 or 1 star, and given position scarcity, Brees would easily be the top free agent).
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mysticphysh » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:37 pm

Ok list, but incomplete in the fact that there are other FAs out there who will have a higher value then a lot of those on that list.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby biju » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:37 pm

It's a pretty good list although I tend to disagree with their "ranking" system. I think this is based on stats rather than potential as I would hardly rate Corey Bradford over Brandon Lloyd.

But it's good to see this list. Now if you combine this with the salary cap situation I'm thinking you might get a good view of who will be retained and who is about to find themselves on a new team.

The Seahawks have themselves in an interesting position with Steve Hutchinson likely getting the franchise tag. That means Alexander, Mack Strong, Joe Jurevicius, Rocky Bernard, and Maurice Morris will all be available, not to mention that they'll need a backup QB if Seneca Wallace goes (although I think there are a ton that are more than adequate on the FA list). Mack Strong will probably re-sign for a 1-year deal but I'm not so sure about Alexander, Jurevisius or Bernard (although I would really like to retain him as well). Morris *could* be in line to stay at a minimum price as he understands the system and would be a great backup if we don't retain Alexander and our FA acquisition doesn't pan out.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:44 pm

Thanks Moon, good list. I didn't pour over it to analyze if it was good or bad but one thing that stood out to me was the fact that Ahman Green and Shaun Alexander both have 5 start ratings and green has 2 more years on shaun and a more injuries as well.

There are couple DE's I'd like to see come to washington Kalu would be a nice return to the burgundy and gold.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:55 pm

liked the list: gave me a perspective at who would be available for the steelers to try to nab at RB.

chester taylor, jamal lewis, and ahman green seem like possible options, but i dont know anything about who else is interested, how much they would want, etc. please dont yell at me if im wrong.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby mattb47 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:58 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:liked the list: gave me a perspective at who would be available for the steelers to try to nab at RB.

chester taylor, jamal lewis, and ahman green seem like possible options, but i dont know anything about who else is interested, how much they would want, etc. please dont yell at me if im wrong.

Yea...I think that Jamal Lewis, Ahman Green, and even Najeh Davenport are more the kind of runners we would want to go after. I wouldn't really want a Chester Taylor because we need more of a power back to compliment Willie. I think Ahman and Davenport would come cheaper to us than Lewis so those two may be more of a possibility.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk