rumored Balt-Minn trade - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

rumored Balt-Minn trade

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:08 pm

Sounds like a heck of a deal for the Ravens... we shall see.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:18 pm

Seems every year, like 80% of all offseason trade rumors involve Minnesota. Am I imagining this?
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby SniperShot » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:55 am

I think this trade makes both Lewis and Culpepper worse fantasy wise for some reason... Minnesota has a nack for having running back problems and Baltimore has a nack for screwing QB's.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:09 am

Another day, another Cpepp trade rumor.

With the Queens converting to a WCO, they realize they need to move Cpepp whos skill set just doesnt match up to what they will need in a QB.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mattb47 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:22 am

I think Culpepper could do very well in Baltimore if he was traded there. They have very good WR talent in Derrick Mason and Mark Clayton along with a very good TE in Todd Heap.

I think the problem with C-Pepp at the beginning of last season was that he was trying to be the same QB without Moss that he was with Moss. What I mean is that he was still trying to be a big play QB all the time, but without a big time big play WR who can constantly make plays, it turned into a lot of turnovers. I still remember this past season when MIN played GB early on and they made a comeback at the end of the game. C-Pepp started throwing more on the crossing patterns and shorter passes and they moved the ball very easily (which is how B. Johnson played after C-Pepp got hurt, hence the winning). I think that C-Pepp was learning that lesson just before he got hurt....and I think he will be solid in BAL if it happens.

I think this trade is better for BAL than MIN because I think that the MIN RBs can carry the load as they are right now. A Jamal Lewis would probably do well in their offense but I think that a QB for BAL is more important than a RB for MIN. I still don't think Boller is the QB that everyone seems to now think he is. He had a few good games last season but I think if BAL can get a QB like C-Pepp then they do.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:44 am

I can't imagine that the Vikes would have any interest in this trade. Isn't part of the reason they are more than willing to part with C-Pep stems from the Love Boat incident? So why would they want to trade him for an ex-con? Morally it makes no sense.

Add to it the Lewis shows all the signs of the beatings getting the best of the back and why would they have interest in him? Doesn't add up to me.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:12 pm

I'll believe it when I see it, but it doesn't sound like a particularly good deal for the Vikes. Lewis looked awful last season and is starting to get past his prime. Besides, the Vikes already have the running back of the future! Ciatrick Fason. ;-) Seriously though, I don't see this trade coming to life anytime soon. A gut feeling says this is someone's crazy idea leaked out to the press that probably holds little to no water at all.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:38 pm

Everyone is saying this is such a terrible deal for the Vikes....are we all forgetting the injury that C-Pepp had? Tearing all three ligaments that late in the year is not something you can neccessarily something you can come back from for the next season. This injury has been known to end careers.

Sure MIN has some decent RBs, but Bennett is a FA, Moe is old/may retire/has the love boat incident to deal with, Moore has been hurt frequently, and Fason really hasnt done anything. MIN has constantly been looking for a power back, so why not Jam?

I really dont believe that Jamal is washed up at all, he wasnt fully recovered from his ankle injury from the prior year, reaggrevated it, and had ZERO help from his o-line and passing game. You throw him into another system and give him another year to heal and rehab outside of jail and I think you will see a much different RB.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jsharrin55 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:03 pm

i want Cpep to go to Arizona where he can throw to Boldin and Fitz. Giving up their 1st rounder this year and next.
jsharrin55
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:07 pm

Flux wrote:Everyone is saying this is such a terrible deal for the Vikes....are we all forgetting the injury that C-Pepp had? Tearing all three ligaments that late in the year is not something you can neccessarily something you can come back from for the next season. This injury has been known to end careers.

Sure MIN has some decent RBs, but Bennett is a FA, Moe is old/may retire/has the love boat incident to deal with, Moore has been hurt frequently, and Fason really hasnt done anything. MIN has constantly been looking for a power back, so why not Jam?

I really dont believe that Jamal is washed up at all, he wasnt fully recovered from his ankle injury from the prior year, reaggrevated it, and had ZERO help from his o-line and passing game. You throw him into another system and give him another year to heal and rehab outside of jail and I think you will see a much different RB.

I agree with you, Flux. Give me JLew over Cpepp right now.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk