Elway: Broncos shouldn't go after TO - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Elway: Broncos shouldn't go after TO

Moderator: Football Moderators

Elway: Broncos shouldn't go after TO

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:07 pm

Updated: Feb. 11, 2006, 12:28 PM ET
Elway against T.O. joining BroncosESPN.com news services

While Mike Shanahan continues to entertain the thought of adding wide receiver Terrell Owens to the Denver offense, the greatest Bronco of them all has spoken out against T.O.

"I think there are a lot of things about T.O. that none of us really knows, but obviously he can ruin a football team," Hall of Famer quarterback John Elway told the Denver Post on Friday evening. "If it were up to me I would say no. I think the Broncos are close enough anyway, and they don't need a guy who's too much of a risk.

"The Broncos have a great locker room right now; they have a lot of good leaders in there. To have somebody come in who's worried about himself and not worried about what the team is worried about, I wouldn't do it."

Elway is the latest among former Broncos, including Terrell Davis and Shannon Sharpe, to voice their anti-T.O. sentiment.

Panthers owner Jerry Richardson doesn't even think the subject would reach his ears.

"Well, first off, I don't think they'd [coach John Fox and general manager Marty Hurney] ask," Richardson told the Charlotte Observer.

The Kansas City Chiefs, however, have had some internal discussion about the receiver, but the parties haven't met.

"We haven't heard from his agent at this point in time," Edwards told The Kansas City Star. "I haven't heard from Terrell. If I do have a conversation with Terrell Owens, obviously everyone will know about it, and if it would come to fruition that he was here, then obviously you'd get to talk to him, too. But at this point, he's not here, and I haven't talked to him."

Asked whether the ball is in Owens' court, Edwards told The Star, "We're not calling anybody. We're just kind of sitting."

Owens, who has disparaged his quarterbacks in San Francisco and Philadelphia, is expected to be released in March, when he's due a total of $7.5 million in bonuses.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/stor ... LHeadlines
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wizzle » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:09 pm

I don't like TO, but who really gives a crap what Elway thinks?
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby Monse_HQ » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:30 pm

Wizzle wrote:I don't like TO, but who really gives a crap what Elway thinks?

The Broncos
Monse Fantasy Football Draft Packet [b]Coming Soon![/b]
[url=http://www.fantasy-hq.com]Image[/url]
Monse_HQ
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Wizzle » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:33 pm

Monse_HQ wrote:
Wizzle wrote:I don't like TO, but who really gives a crap what Elway thinks?

The Broncos

Care to elaborate?
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:36 pm

This title is a little ambiguous.

The title should be changed to...

Elway: A stupid a-hole with Chicklet teeth who is overstepping his bounds by commenting on a team and a player when neither are even close to being his business.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:38 pm

prolly doesnt want to have another player thats somewhat close to his talent level to play for denver.
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Estarr01 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:00 pm

Anyone else think it's ironic that a former player who refused to play for a team and forced a trade is calling another player selfish?

Don't get me wrong, I don't like TO and I hope he ends up the worst team in the NFL, the Lions, so that he will never win a championship.
Estarr01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:02 pm

Estarr01 wrote:Anyone else think it's ironic that a former player who refused to play for a team and forced a trade is calling another player selfish? .

good point ;-D
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Wizzle » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:10 pm

Estarr01 wrote:Anyone else think it's ironic that a former player who refused to play for a team and forced a trade is calling another player selfish?

Don't get me wrong, I don't like TO and <b>I hope he ends up the worst team in the NFL, the Lions</b>, so that he will never win a championship.

Liar.
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Re: Elway: Broncos shouldn't go after TO

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:22 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:... but obviously he can ruin a football team," ... John Elway told the Denver Post.

Well. That's it right there in a nutshell.
I solidly predict Mike (My-Butt's-On-The-Line) Shanahan will do it anyway, though.
~Wease

PS: flotsamnjetsam - your avatar is making me crazy, man. Whoo 8-o
It's Weasel Wicked http://wickedweasel.com/ ;-D
Last edited by ScreamingWeasel on Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk