Elway: Broncos shouldn't go after TO - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Elway: Broncos shouldn't go after TO

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:12 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:And I'm not even saying it wasn't T.O.'s fault that Philly imploded... I do believe he was the straw that broke the camel's back. But honestly, can Elway, or anyone of us actually prove what we think we know about the TO fiasco? No. None of us can... and likewise, neither can Elway. So was his statement falsified? In all honestly, probably not. Was it unprofessional as a former player and somewhat ambassador to the league? Absolutely. Duh.

I really have no comment on the Elway debate ensuing, but I just thought I'd point out something.

Yes, we can prove what we know about the TO fiasco. After the arbitrator's ruling, the actual ruling was released in public. The ruling included all evidence and documentation, which clearly shows precisely what went on in house. It's incredibly easy to see from the evidence that TO repeatedly broke his contract, and that he and his agent both threatened to cause the chaos that they did. It's all documented, so really, Elway is stating fact, not opinion.

A single man can not bring down a franchise unless it already had its share of the problems. I stand by previous statement.

RawDawg... "I can't believe there's 4 pages of this crap..."

Then why'd you resurrect it? It's been dead for 3 days until now.

Besides, yes, Elway would know about cancerous players, AS HE WAS ONE. Ask any Baltimore or Indianapolis fan that knows his crap.

How would they know? he never played for them. Elway's career may not have started off on the right foot but he was always class act when he played. Your hatred for the guy is clouding your judgement on such a stupid argument.

BTW, I didn't know it was 3 days dead. It was still on the first page of the leftovers and during the season anything on the first page has been posted within the hour. Sorry for that.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The_Captain » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:41 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:And I'm not even saying it wasn't T.O.'s fault that Philly imploded... I do believe he was the straw that broke the camel's back. But honestly, can Elway, or anyone of us actually prove what we think we know about the TO fiasco? No. None of us can... and likewise, neither can Elway. So was his statement falsified? In all honestly, probably not. Was it unprofessional as a former player and somewhat ambassador to the league? Absolutely. Duh.

I really have no comment on the Elway debate ensuing, but I just thought I'd point out something.

Yes, we can prove what we know about the TO fiasco. After the arbitrator's ruling, the actual ruling was released in public. The ruling included all evidence and documentation, which clearly shows precisely what went on in house. It's incredibly easy to see from the evidence that TO repeatedly broke his contract, and that he and his agent both threatened to cause the chaos that they did. It's all documented, so really, Elway is stating fact, not opinion.

A single man can not bring down a franchise unless it already had its share of the problems. I stand by previous statement.

RawDawg... "I can't believe there's 4 pages of this crap..."

Then why'd you resurrect it? It's been dead for 3 days until now.

Besides, yes, Elway would know about cancerous players, AS HE WAS ONE. Ask any Baltimore or Indianapolis fan that knows his crap.

You're really starting to get under my skin with this line of crap. IN NO SUCH WAY SHAPE OR FORM was Elway a cancer to any team, including BALT/INDY.

Again, your hatred for Elway is obviously clouding your objective judgment.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:50 pm

please... Elway the class act. I'll bet you're an Eli fan too.

"My hatred for him is clouding my judgement..."

how was that an inaccurate statement? I think your love for Elway might be clouding yours.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The_Captain » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:24 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:please... Elway the class act. I'll bet you're an Eli fan too.

how was that an inaccurate statement? I think your love for Elway might be clouding yours.

I can't decide who's the bigger cancer, you or TO.

The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:20 pm

The_Captain wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:please... Elway the class act. I'll bet you're an Eli fan too.

Awww... c'mon now Captain, that's just plain hurtful. Really. Ouch. My pride... where it once was now remains a gaping hole, sustaining itself like a black hole to torment my polluted, cancerous soul for all eternity.

You wouldn't happen to be a Denver fan, would you?

Elway is a tool, pure an simple. And the fact that he straight up told a team not to draft him is, yes, cancerous. Or at least it would have been if Baltimore drafted him. But it stands to reason... what a pompous ass.

Him criticizing a player for unprofessionally imflucing a team is the epitome of the pot calling the kettle black. And if you disagree, you're a biased Broncos fan, or you just don't know football...

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The_Captain » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:35 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
The_Captain wrote:

Awww... c'mon now Captain, that's just plain hurtful. Really. Ouch. My pride... where it once was now remains a gaping hole, sustaining itself like a black hole to torment my polluted, cancerous soul for all eternity.

You wouldn't happen to be a Denver fan, would you?

Elway is a tool, pure an simple. And the fact that he straight up told a team not to draft him is, yes, cancerous. Or at least it would have been if Baltimore drafted him. But it stands to reason... what a pompous ass.

Him criticizing a player for unprofessionally imflucing a team is the epitome of the pot calling the kettle black. And if you disagree, you're a biased Broncos fan, or you just don't know football...

Really the best part of this whole conversation is where you said you were a smartass college student. It's the one true thing you've said throughout.

You're the type of person who like to inflame the situation without rationally looking at both sides. Again, your disdain for Elway has been made very apparent and prevents you from viewing this topic objectively.

My affilitation with a team doesn't matter as I am able to objectively look at his statement and take it for what it is worth....his opinion.

Again, to further beat the dead horse, he did not criticize TO but simply reiterated what had already been stated in the media and he was not trying to influence the Broncos decision about taking on TO. Bowlen and Shanahan already stated what had to be done and it's going against what Elway said.

At this point, I will not agree with you on this topic and maybe you should contact Dirt Bag about making a debate about this.

The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:58 pm

The_Captain wrote:Really the best part of this whole conversation is where you said you were a smartass college student. It's the one true thing you've said throughout.

You're the type of person who like to inflame the situation without rationally looking at both sides. Again, your disdain for Elway has been made very apparent and prevents you from viewing this topic objectively.

My affilitation with a team doesn't matter as I am able to objectively look at his statement and take it for what it is worth....his opinion.

Again, to further beat the dead horse, he did not criticize TO but simply reiterated what had already been stated in the media and he was not trying to influence the Broncos decision about taking on TO. Bowlen and Shanahan already stated what had to be done and it's going against what Elway said.

At this point, I will not agree with you on this topic and maybe you should contact Dirt Bag about making a debate about this.

I don't actually think you answered my question about your team's affiliation... and as this thread has proven, people differ on what things are "important."

I would also like to state that whether or not Elway was reiterating what the media had previously said, it is still criticism, it is relative, it is not definitive evidence, and it is not his place to do so. Just because he is asked a question by the media does not mean he can't keep his abnormally large ego out of the topic. If he is the professional he claims to be, he would have said "no comment."

I also believe, in regards to Elway's sterling behavior, you have not commented on Elway's "decision" regarding his draft. Though I do believe you have shown your own character by comparing me to a disease that kills millions of people a year, when I was issuing an opinion different from your own. (Butt nmbr1, u caled Elway canserus 2!!!!! Yes, and Elway called TO a team-wrecker.)

And I have no interest in making this a debate... I believe this has been pummeled into the ground, and neither side would make any headway. You have your opinion, I have mine, and Elway has his.

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mysticphysh » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:11 pm

I've noticed something about this board. There's 3 or 4 people who troll the threads just looking to argue just for argue's sake. They probably don't even feel the way they're arguing, they just want to argue. :-t
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:47 pm

mysticphysh wrote:I've noticed something about this board. There's 3 or 4 people who troll the threads just looking to argue just for argue's sake. They probably don't even feel the way they're arguing, they just want to argue. :-t

They do NOT go around looking to argue. }:-)

Couldn't resist.

I didn't read the whole thread, but I respect any "fan's" comments regarding his/her team. Was Elway just being a fan and saying he didn't want the team he rooted for taking a guy like TO? If that's the case, good for him. I would have said the same thing if there was a rumor going around that he was coming back to the niners.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:50 pm

mysticphysh wrote:I've noticed something about this board. There's 3 or 4 people who troll the threads just looking to argue just for argue's sake. They probably don't even feel the way they're arguing, they just want to argue. :-t

Gee... I wonder whom he might be referring to?

Mystic, I assure you I believe in everything I argue.

1) Elway shouldn't have said what he did to national media.
2) The officiating for the Super Bowl sucked.
3) Al Gore is not a traitor.

I believe that caps off some of my more recent "arguments."

Moreso, I believe it's called "debating." I enjoy having a thorough discussion about recent happenings in the sports world... that's why many of us are here. You'll find very few one-or two word posts from me, and my posts completely devoid of ignorant babble and "internet talk" (unless I'm trying to be ironic), which I loathe but you seem to be somewhat fond of.

And yeah, I tend to get heated on some more "thorough" debates, but you'll find many here who do the same.

Capt, I respect your opinion and your presence at these forums (despite your apparent distaste for mine), and fine, we disagree on this matter, and likely others as well.

But I'd like to think I am not alone in my opinion, nor have I been alone on any opinion I've held here (if you could read competently Mystic, you'd probably find that out).

Lock this thread up... this dead horse has been flogged enough. And mystic, if you have a problem with the way I present myself, I recommend you PM me next time, as opposed to running your mouth like a prepubescent moron.

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk