NFL Head Coach. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

NFL Head Coach.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:31 am

I was not impressed with the demo, but went ahead and bought it anyway. One thing I've learned, it takes FOREVER to do anything. I played for a solid 4-5 hours last night and I'm not even to the UFA signing period yet. Having said that, I had fun while I was playing. I think it may be a worthwhile pickup after all.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:06 pm

PLayed for about 4 more hours today. I'm almost to pre-season now. This game is strangely addicting. I think the idea of being in almost complete control is what makes it addicting. I'm in training camp right now, trying to get my players' attributes to peak efficiency as well as get them to learn the plays in the playbook. I can't wait for my first pre-season game! My draft was a smashing success, I thought. I'm coach of the COwboys, so I had the #18th overall pick. I was looking to upgrade at right tackle, wide receiver or free safety. So when my pick came I was scrolling through available players to draft. I saw Chad Jackson and almost pulled the trigger, but I kept looking and saw D'Brickashaw Ferguson! I wasted no time drafting him. How did he fall all the way to #18? Now I've got my tackle for the future.

Unfortunately I accidentally simmed a good portion of free agency, which caused me to miss out on all of the good free agents, and I had auto-save feature turned on so I couldn't go back and correct this.

But this game is definiteyl worth the $40 I think.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Popcynical » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:21 pm

I've been playing this game a lot as well. I dunno if it's because my computer sucks, or it's just the game.. but gameplay is pretty slow. It seems they're moving in slow motion.

I'm doing pretty well, though.. I'm the Head Coach of the Green Bay Packers.. drafted Reggie Bush at the fifth pick. He's now 91 overall, so that's pretty neat. I'm 9-1 after losing the opnening game.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:31 pm

Popcynical wrote:I've been playing this game a lot as well. I dunno if it's because my computer sucks, or it's just the game.. but gameplay is pretty slow. It seems they're moving in slow motion.

I'm doing pretty well, though.. I'm the Head Coach of the Green Bay Packers.. drafted Reggie Bush at the fifth pick. He's now 91 overall, so that's pretty neat. I'm 9-1 after losing the opnening game.

Ha, not even Vince Lombardi could turn the 2006 Packers into a 9-1 team!! :-b ;-7
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SkinSFan22 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:50 pm

I have a question for you guys. During office hours, do you skip to the next task? I find office hours tedious and boring and after adding a few offensive and defensive plays to my playbook, I don't see anything else I can do so I just skip to the next task. I've played the game for 6 or 7 hours so far and im only in late july. Also, do the players get better by just being a part of plays or do you have to motivate them to have their ranking increase? Overall I too have also found this game strangely addicting.
SkinSFan22
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Popcynical » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:42 am

Jimboozie wrote:
Popcynical wrote:I've been playing this game a lot as well. I dunno if it's because my computer sucks, or it's just the game.. but gameplay is pretty slow. It seems they're moving in slow motion.

Ha, not even Vince Lombardi could turn the 2006 Packers into a 9-1 team!! :-b ;-7

Pssh.. I put my extra cap cash to work! Grabbed guys like Isaac Bruce, kept Javon Walker, grabbed a new guard and a new center.. plus, I've got Reggie Bush!

SkinSFan22 wrote:I have a question for you guys. During office hours, do you skip to the next task? I find office hours tedious and boring and after adding a few offensive and defensive plays to my playbook, I don't see anything else I can do so I just skip to the next task. I've played the game for 6 or 7 hours so far and im only in late july. Also, do the players get better by just being a part of plays or do you have to motivate them to have their ranking increase? Overall I too have also found this game strangely addicting.

Yep.. I skip pretty much all my office hours. Players get better by being involved and doing well in practice.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Twisted Sister » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:07 am

Popcynical wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:
Popcynical wrote:

Pssh.. I put my extra cap cash to work! Grabbed guys like Isaac Bruce, kept Javon Walker, grabbed a new guard and a new center.. plus, I've got Reggie Bush!

Yeah, this game seems really realistic ;-7 ;-7
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SkinSFan22 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:59 am

Do you guys ever motivate your players? And after my first preseason game almost everyone's ranking went down 15-20 points. How fast do the rankings go back up? I just bought the game 2 days ago so im a bit inexperienced.
SkinSFan22
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:50 am

thatonepoorkid wrote:i rented it and i did not enjoy it at all

i burn my xbox games so luckily i didnt waste any money on it, i am a true madden addict....Online record: 245 - 120 Level 11, and i did only play 1 game of this and was bored by half time, i understand there is every aspect to it like madden but it just takes too long, you have to tell the qb which order of WR's to look to, which would only take me 2 seconds in madden, i think this game may have some upside if you did the whole career and spent some time, but i am just a madden guy.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Popcynical » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:54 am

SkinSFan22 wrote:Do you guys ever motivate your players? And after my first preseason game almost everyone's ranking went down 15-20 points. How fast do the rankings go back up? I just bought the game 2 days ago so im a bit inexperienced.

If you'll notice, player rankings are in the "69-91" format. That means that the ranking can go as low as 69, but as high as 91. You can get it to the maximum quite easily just by working with the guy and practice, or getting them game-time experience.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games